View Poll Results: Worthy of the Title "ultimate"?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

8 30.77%
  • No, Never

8 30.77%
  • Almost

6 23.08%
  • Add my build and mad skillz, you noooub!~

4 15.38%
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The Canadian Quality Guide to Mages -Page 3- w00t~!

Double post

I added Ice mage 2nd class, next to come is poison, cleric 2nd and 3rd, ice 3rd and then a FAQ.
    Mage Guide
    Canadianus is also known as: Rtothef, Ferris, Ferris4ever and obviously.. Canadianus.

Lucida

nice nice nice...but u may wanna check out ur spelling. otherwise, an ultimate guide is in the makings, imo.
    Finally back at Maple. It's been so long...but absence didn't make the heart grow fonder.

lol its v.02, give me a break :lol:

ill get to it, ill get to it.

And people, if you do read it and see a mistake in spelling, please tell me (via this thread) or not, whatever. Its easier for you to pick out mistakes then me (cause its my spelling/words/work *_*)
    Mage Guide
    Canadianus is also known as: Rtothef, Ferris, Ferris4ever and obviously.. Canadianus.

e.pros and cons of F/P Mages
    Should be cleric.

Can use Mp as Hp once they max out Magic Guard, meaning they can take a lot more hits without dieing.
    Should be dying.

Some people don't like mages as they have a of a reputation as (ksers) "meaning you steal they're kills", so be prepared for some people who will be rude to you.
    Should be "as they have a reputation...". Remove the extra "of a".

Taking damage from your Mp bar is costly, Mp potions essentially cost twice as much as Hp potions, so be prepared to pony up some cash.
    You're contradicting yourself here. As a pro you said
    Lastly, it is also the richest class in Maplestory.
    Make sure you clarify when they Magician class is the richest (level or job, doesn't matter.) This will confuse the hell out of new players if not fixed.

if you have no patience once so ever
    Should be "whatsoever".

Alright well that's about as far as I got before I had to go check on other posts. If I find something else to be anal about I'll post it here. Also Canadianus, realize that I don't correct you to be rude, but to make sure that this becomes a functional guide for anyone to read. Typos, spelling errors, etc. distract from the overall quality of the guide.

Also, make sure to add a "No Pot Use" skill guide that goes something like this:

8 - Energy Bolt 1
    9 - MP Recovery 3
    10 - MP Recovery 5, MP Increase 1
    11 - MP Increase 4
    12 - MP Increase 7
    13 - MP Increase 10 (Maxed)
    14 - MP Recovery 8
    15 - MP Recovery 11
    16 - MP Recovery 14
    17 - MP Recovery 16 (Maxed), Magic Claw 1
    18 - Magic Claw 4
    19 - Magic Claw 7
    20 - Magic Claw 10
    21 - Magic Claw 13
    22 - Magic Claw 16
    23 - Magic Claw 19
    24 - Magic Claw 20 (Maxed), Magic Guard 2
    25 - Magic Guard 5
    26 - Magic Guard 8
    27 - Magic Guard 11
    28 - Magic Guard 14
    29 - Magic Guard 17
    30 - Magic Guard 20 (Maxed)

Note: I did not write that skill guide. It is from this forum.
    BROA Magician [1x]
    Super Magician Guide

Lucida

im going to pick on you, canadianus :evil:

Out of the four class in Maplestory, Mage is the only class that have
    powerful magical attack and defence, it is also the only class that can
    attack from close-range and long-range. Lastly, it is also the richest class
    in Maplestory. So that is why mages is the best choice to choose if you are
    playing Maplestory for the first time.
    for the first one, i would say 'has a'.
    the second one, i would say a 'and' instead of a comma.
    the third bit...'a mage' would be a better choice than 'mages'.

Can use Mp as Hp once they max out Magic Guard, meaning they can take a lot more hits without dieing.

its spelt 'dying'.

Cannot jump and attack
    i disagree. i can jump cast like 80% of the time when i want to.

Mage equips tend to be expensive since there are so many people who play mages.
    no. depends on the supply and demand. for example, calases are damn expensive, but the anakamoons are dirt cheap. many people play sins and dits too, so why arent most sin/dit equips expensive?

Ice Mages make more mesos then Fire Mages

depends on drops. if the ice mage gets no darn drops for his whole maple life ,and the fire mage gets all sorts of rare drops every level, its hard for the ice mage to earn more. also, if the ice mage goes thunder first, their money will stay low until even 6x.

.pros and cons of F/P Mages

Pros:
    * Can Heal (obviously).
    * Are essential in parties (obviously).
    * Do High damage with Holy Arrow against Dark/Devil based enemies (obviously).
    * Heal can be use as a Mob skill to damage zombie(dark) based enemies.
    * Has the skill invincible, to help stay alive.

Cons:

* Cannot use the skill Meditate.
    * Without Holy Arrow, magic claw becomes their only ture offensive skill.
    * Cannot Freeze or Poison (obviously).
    * lower base damage then Fire or Ice Mages.

i really hope u mean clerics. i really do.
    and wat does 'ture' mean? cant interpret it.

Reroll the stats if you find that the
    stats is not perfect until you get the perfect stats. This usually takes
    about 15 mins to half an hour unless you are lucky so please be patience.

i think are is a better word for that. i know u mean stats as a whole, but english dictates that thats plural, and so 'are' seems better.

and it should be 'patient'.

if you have no patience once so ever, at least try to have this as your stats

once so ever? i think 'what so ever' would be a better phrase.

make sure when you are lvl 8 you at least have 20 int, or you cannot advance.

rephrase that. i think 'make sure when you are level 8, you have at least 20 INT, or you cannot advance as a magician.' would seem better.

The Formula for mage is this :

'Stats Addition' is a better phrase IMO.

You should train with green snails and blue snails from lvl 1 to 8 unless you are
    doing a quest, as mage's physical attacks are not very strong. Even though your
    attack isn't very strong, do not put any points into Str, as Str does not
    help anymore when you are a mage, and will accually make you weaker.

as a mage's physical attack is not very strong

actually

go to ellinia, town of magician; and go to the house
    at the very top of the map.

tell them how ot go. i suggest the taxi. 120 mesos. also, remember to tell them how to get off maple island. 150 mesos. therefore, 270 mesos.

Same as alwas

i love you spelling. do you use microsoft word? its 'always'.

c.skills build

'skill builds' is the correct term.

1st job skill

1st job skills.

This is remarkably not recommended for all mages, as it takes hours, apon hours to even get your first magic attack.
    'upon'. also, add in why this is the perfect mage.

People have always said that they have lost a lot of mesos/potions when they
    where training, this is because they have fought the wrong kinds of monsters
    that is not suitable for their lvl. If you fought the correct monsters, you
    will find that you do not lose so much mesos/potions and you will also find
    that you make more money training. So make sure you fight the right kind
    of monster
    that is suitable to your lvl.

were

wrong monsters

are

you wont ever lose mesos/potions as a mage. so put it as 'do not lose mesos/potions'

right monster

at

curse eyes and horned mushroom
    mushrooms. plural. i wanted to correct you on your capital letters, but that will take ages. >.< check all your words for the appropriate lettering, big or small. well, if u want to. its too tedious IMO.

Bring the proof of hero bank to Grndel the Really Old
    back

Grendel

Same as alwas
    'always'. i think u copied this from the above. so the mistake stays. the 'skills build' thing again. correct it all yourself. i aint got the energy to quote all the similar mistakes. i already marked out the mistakes that are repeated. use the 'replace' tool in microsoft word.

Things are preety straight forward for fire mages, they have the highest base damage in the 2nd class.
    pretty

this part ought to be a full stop, and a new sentence.

This is for fire wizard who like to have another attack other than fire
    arrow.

fire wizards who would like to have another attack

As you were better in skills and experience than before, your standard of monsters
    should be higher.
    as you are better

rephrase this abit. it doesnt seem good in terms of english.

receive a Mecklace of wisdom
    Necklace

the 5 question again
    questions

lvl 070: 1 into Poison Mist
    lvl 071: 3 into Poison Mist
    lvl 072: 3 into Poison Mist
    lvl 073: 3 into Poison Mist
    lvl 074: 3 into Poison Mist
    lvl 075: 3 into Poison Mist
    lvl 076: 3 into Poison Mist
    lvl 077: 3 into Poison Mist
    lvl 078: 3 into Poison Mist
    lvl 079: 3 into Explosion
    lvl 090: 2 into Poison Mist (maxed),
    if im not wrong, you should have 28 points into poison mist at the start. based on this 2nd quote. but you dont. 25 only. okay, I'll check all your previous builds for mistakes now, i didnt bother just now >.<

lvl 30: 1 into Teleport
    lvl 31: 2 into Fire Arrow, 1 into MP Eater
    lvl 32: 3 into Fire Arrow
    lvl 33: 3 into Fire arrow
    lvl 34: 3 into Fire Arrow
    lvl 35: 3 into Fire Arrow
    lvl 36: 3 into Fire Arrow
    lvl 37: 3 into Fire Arrow
    lvl 38: 3 into Fire Arrow
    lvl 39: 3 into Fire Arrow
    lvl 40: 3 into Fire Arrow
    lvl 41: 1 into Fire Arrow (maxed), 2 into Meditation

how do you manage that? medi needs 3 mp eater. same for the 2nd build. also, i think mp eater is less useful to a F/P than an I/L at this period of time, so you may wanna exchange MP eater and Teleport.

lvl 089: 2 into Explosion (maxed)
    lvl 090: 2 into Poison Mist (maxed), 1 into Magic Composition 1 into Element Amplification
    4 points. and for lvl 89, theres only 2 points. so u saved that 1 point? why not just dump into amp. or poison mist? or compo, even better?

lvl 092: 1 into Element Amplification, 2 into Magic Booster
    lvl 093: 3 into Magic Booster
    lvl 094: 3 into Magic Booster
    lvl 095: 3 into Magic Booster
    lvl 096: 3 into Magic Booster
    lvl 097: 3 into Magic Booster
    lvl 098: 3 into Magic Booster (maxed)
    why max it out? leaving it at 11 first, then max out later may be a better choice. other skills such amp are more important.

lvl 099: 3 into Element Amplification
    lvl 100: 3 into Element Amplification
    lvl 101: 3 into Element Amplification
    lvl 102: 3 into Element Amplification
    lvl 103: 3 into Element Amplification
    lvl 104: 3 into Element Amplification
    lvl 105: 3 into Element Amplification
    lvl 106: 3 into Element Amplification
    lvl 107: 3 into Element Amplification
    i believe you have 27 points into amp...and...

lvl 090: 2 into Poison Mist (maxed), 1 into Magic Composition 1 into Element Amplification
    lvl 091: 3 into Element Amplification
    lvl 092: 1 into Element Amplification, 2 into Magic Booster
    5 here. thats 32 points into amp.

Things are pretty flexible for Ice/ thunder mages, since they have two attacks they can get/ use.
    F/P also get 2 attacks. its just that I/L attacks are more effective. rephrase.

Build #1: Ice and Thuner Build (The DDD award gos to..you!) ( I would NOT! recommend this I'm
    only putting ithere to show you how you don't need to specifically follow any build; it's YOUR mage,
    but seriosuly, follow my guide xD.)
    i noticed you have a lot of 'Thuner' in your guide.

goes

full stop in between

add a spacing

seriously

Mixed Build -(1v1 and Mob attacks) ~not recommended

i saw the skills and frankly, im not sure why u add slow. slow is paractically useless, when there's freeeze. mp eater is more favourable.

Ice Wizard Build~ recommended

teleport first. even if u max mp eater early, it wont be much of a use, when thunder is used mainly at lorang*3. thunder is a very useful skills as well, and gives you alot fo exp at 5x onwards. shile slow is pretty useless as i said earlier. max 'thunerbolt'. really. its kewl.

Build #3: Thunder Wizard ( Mob Galore, just what we're looking for)
    cold beam is totally missed out here, like thunderbolt is last build. no one goes for such builds. im surprised u added them. i would say max cold beam, and forget slow. but hey, its your guide. =P

thats all i found. also, review some of the builds. i dun think any ultimate guide shld have only a few builds that the public approve of.
    Finally back at Maple. It's been so long...but absence didn't make the heart grow fonder.

Thank you effie and darkwit.

And also
    im going to pick on you, canadianus
    i dont find you rude, hell you did alot of work, thank you so much, its constructive, not in anyway rude, plus i did ask for it.
    Mage Guide

Quote Originally Posted by darkwit
    Taking damage from your Mp bar is costly, Mp potions essentially cost twice as much as Hp potions, so be prepared to pony up some cash.
    no this makes sense, you see, other people (warriors sins bandits bowmen..) all use hp potions to heal, well mages use mp potions, so if you want to stay alive most of the time, you must use x2 mesos to do it. The con is that Magic Guard can cost alot of money if used incorrectly. So be prepared to pony up some cash.
    Mage Guide

What I meant was that you're contradicting yourself somewhat. You say they're the richest, but then you say it's going to cost some mesos (probably a lot) to fund them. So instead of saying they're the richest, just say they're richest once they get their second job or are level 40+ or something.

I'm saying this from personal experience because right now I've got a 1x magician and I'm pretty damn poor. I don't even spend money on pots and I've only got like 16k mesos.
    BROA Magician [1x]
    Super Magician Guide

Lucida

Quote Originally Posted by darkwit
    What I meant was that you're contradicting yourself somewhat. You say they're the richest, but then you say it's going to cost some mesos (probably a lot) to fund them. So instead of saying they're the richest, just say they're richest once they get their second job or are level 40+ or something.

I'm saying this from personal experience because right now I've got a 1x magician and I'm pretty damn poor. I don't even spend money on pots and I've only got like 16k mesos.

which build? the one that maxes magic claw first, or recovery first?

i went recovery first. earned money coz i just stayed at slime tree to lvl 18. i just rested to heal, and even then, it doesnt take long to lvl. if u went the magic claw build, u may spend more.

16k? if ur lower 1x, its perfectly fine. as long as u dun end up with 1k at lvl 30 like viperx.

and mages are the richest. they dun need funding. idk why, but my luck as improved. as an ice wiz, i got 3 60% scroll for claw att. thats alot. also, with new quests, we get more glove attack scrolls, mostly 60%. so thats 3m right there. with all these scrolls, i managed to scrape by, no; live like a king. really. i got like 3-4m in mesos, and a glove attack scroll (60%) to be sold. also, i bought my calas for 1.3m already. and i reckon i got 15-20m worth of stuff. at lvl 47. thats very good. i even bought stuff for my other chars, but i stopped playing them and they became mules. so you see, mages are rich. very rich. no need for funding. i didnt see the funding bit in the guid anyway, maybe was too careless.

oh and, they are rich from lvl 24 onwards. around there.

bleh, i just realised i commented on your spelling, canadianus, while mine is nowhere better >.< gah, i spot so many of my own spelling errors. tut tut.

Corrected, along with alot of other stuff.

For all mages i suggest mp eater, teleport heh... you need it IMO, but i think personally mp eater is more useful. But thats just me i guses.

And as for slow, well when your the third class useing thunderspear, its VERY useful.
    Mage Guide