View Poll Results: So, what page weapon?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 handed sword

3 13.64%
  • 2 handed sword

15 68.18%
  • 1 handed blunt weapon

1 4.55%
  • 2 handed blunt weapon

3 13.64%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pages and Spearmen

Default Pages and Spearmen

I have 3 questions, to save space, it will be 1 post.

1- What is the best weapon for pages? 1 handed or 2 handed / swords or blunt weps. When a slow weapon gets boost, is it the same as a fast weapon with boost?

2-When my spearman eventually gets Mastery, fa, booster, and hb, he will have 20 points left over. Should i go for iron will? or should i put it on hp recovery? ( I maxed out power strike and slash blast.)

3- I am going to be a pure spear user. I am wondering, are there any benifits from this build? The 3:2 ratio worries me and I feel as if doing this just for buster wasn't a good idea. I don't want to be a hybrid because I want to get the 100% best of one world.

Edit: it seems that generally speaking, two handed swords are better than 2 handed blunt weapons. What about one handed weapons?

Q3) Well, if your going pure Spear, the good thing is that FA will help you train alot faster.

-={Scania]=-
    EndlessSou1x - lvl 7x hybrid Dragon knight

1 - I like 2 H Swords cause they look cooler IMO >.>. Chappy proved Swords > BW and Axes so Swords are better. 2 H > 1 H generally cause it's a significant DMG boost later on. Booster increases the speed level by one so 2 H's "Slow" becomes "Normal." A 1 H's "Normal" becomes "Fast"
    2 - No clue, no experience with Spearmen but lots of people say Iron Body > Iron Will (I think >.>)
    3 - Benefits - FA, Faster Dragon Blood
    If you want 100% best of one world, going spear is probably the best choice. That ratio won't matter once you get Buster, and if you went PA your DMG range would be really big cause of no Mastery and Fury isn't great for training late levels (you'll be attacking 2-3 mobs rather than 6).
    마르디아
    -KoreanRejects - 5/10/07-

Lucida

2H swords are the best weapons, as proven.

you actually have 21-3=18 points left over. don't forget that 3 prerequisite of Iron Will for HB. actually, Iron Will, to me, is better than Iron Body. its a pary skill, and it looks way cooler.

benefits...of course. you can get every single skill in your DK skill book, except for DFury. but then, sacrifice and DR arent very important, or very good skills to get. well, DR is, but sacrifice sucks expecially when you are pure spear.
    Finally back at Maple. It's been so long...but absence didn't make the heart grow fonder.

k, thanks for boosting my confidence on my pure spearmam.

Still, one thing bugs me. If white knights and crusaders are both reccomended to use 2 handed swords, why be a white knight? The charge combo and panic/coma are more powerful than a wk's elemental attacks. There has to be some advantage over crusaders. What's the use of an element when you can just have a charge combo? Well, I guess they can freeze the enemy with ice charge, but then again, crusaders can stun.

What are the benefits of dk's? Crusaders can use the combo thingy and seem to be more powerful.

Anyway, aside form buster, what 3rd job skills should I get?
    We don't have 4th jobs yet, but if we assume that it starts at lvl 120, what can I get? Does dragon blood take away 24 mp and 20 hp every 4 sec, or does it cost 24 mp tp activate, only taking away 20 hp every 4 sec. Are elemental resistance/power crash useful? (ect)

Hopefully my last question, how does the crusader charge combo work? when mastered, do you start with 5 orbs or does each charge add 1 orb leading up to 5? do panic/coma take away all the orbs at once or 1 by 1? Ok, I am goin to be a dk, but I am still really curious.

p.s. The golden mole is sexy. :shock:

If you arnt gonna use a shield go 2h sword.
    but if you find you like shields etc etc, use one handed bw

your range will be slightly lower but good enough to go slap happy

Ehhh....DMG isn't everything
    Crusaders are the most powerful, but remember that WK has elemental advantage and Threaten (Which IMO is better than Fury at high LVLs).
    DK's can mob a lot better with Buster and they have Blood which gives 2 more ATK than Fury (But drawback is it's not party). The cost will be negligable once you get it cause of HB and being a Warrior (From what I understand Blood takes away just HP and MP is initiation).
    1 point into Resistance is recommended cause 12% is a lot for one point. Crash is useful against Zakkum.
    No clue about Charge Combo =/

BTW this isn't from personal experience, just what I hear around the forum/from friends so if I get something wrong forgive me >.>
    마르디아
    -KoreanRejects - 5/10/07-

How good is the elemental advantage? Isn't charge combo still more powerful? But then again you may be right, Mastered charge gives +120% dmg, so if an elemental advantage = +100%, then I would say crusaders are equal to white knights. but then again wk's have charge blow which is weaker than panic. Can we get a wk expert here? :?

As for shields, assume you mastered shield mastery, the gold aquilla shield would give 128 def. How much dmg would that take off and, is 128 def and 50 m.def worth less atk? Is shield mastery even worth it? I think charge blow is better, but I have no idea.

You should try watching some videos. In my experience, I have watched a white knight and a crusader, same level, and the white knight did more damage with power strike. Of course, because of the elemental advantage. A lvl 8x white knight could do 10k damage with power strike. I don't think a crusader could do that much with power strike. But then again, they do have combo/panic, and their flashy skills. =)

Sheilds are not worth it. Warriors have a lot of defense even without one. Just concentrate on accuracy/attack. Besides, 2 handed swords look cooler =) (in my opinion and a lot of others)
    JDMTurbo
    SkyNova

woot, 100th post. not as if it's that great, but its 1 more digit.

Thanks, if I were a page, i'd use 2 handed swords, though i do find 2 handed bw's very, VERY attractive, I prefer the stability of a 2hs. I guess i'd create a page, but i have a question. If you are a crusader with panic/coma, there would be no need for ps, so wouldnt the sader surpass the wk in skill and power when he masters combo/panic or coma? after all, you said the video was of lvl 80's what about 100's or 110's?

anyway, what skills would a wk get? If 4th jobs are at lvl 120 when they are out, you'd have 151 points. the 3 charges are 30 each, so thats 61 points left. if we stick with 2 handed, we dont need shield mastery so, what combo for the other skills is best?

relax-20
    charge blow-30
    magic crash-20

whats the best combo? I'd say max cb and mc with 11 relax, but i am no expert.