Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The Canadian Quality Guide to Mages -Page 1- w00t~!

Lucida

Default Re: The Canadian Quality Guide to Mages -Page 1- w00t~!

Quote Originally Posted by WildChild
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadianus
    Quote Originally Posted by SeeMyLight
    You can exchange slow for cold beam if you wish, but slow is very useful during 3rd class engagements (aka: thunderspear)
    Why bother with Slow? Honestly, I think you're forgetting that cold beam has this little effect called freezing
    Yes, theres a little thing called thunder spear. You can use slow, then pump monsters full of it. It can be used in partys also, and it is just plain useful.

So please, before you whip a comment like that up, please investigate yourself if it IS useful, because if you look at the variables, it is.
    You didn't finish reading his comment

Why bother with Slow? Honestly, I think you're forgetting that cold beam has this little effect called freezing, where the enemy just stops moving, instead of slowing down abit.
    In adition to slowing down/stopping the enemy, it also damages him abit, maybe sparing you one thunder spear.
    And with the latest patch, cold beam's even better, with its max freeze time between 4 and 5 secs (stated here)
    And if you want to keep em down longer, you could use ice strike, which holds em for 6-7 secs now (see previous link)

A good tactic would then be:
    Magic Booster
    Cold Beam/Ice Strike (whichever you prefer)
    Spam Thunder Spear
    Recast Magic Booster when effect is running out, recast your ice spell when enemy defreezes (not in that order if they happen at the same time )
    I agree that Ice mages don't need Slow

stop giving canadianus that bull****. slow is useful for ice mages in certain cases.

ever thought of trying to kill grims for sexier exp? no? well, slow comes in useful here. why? no freeze. yep. your cold beam or ice strike wont freeze. (why do people ALWAYS for get COMPO! its the skill that REPLACES cold beam! and here you are, talking about a lousier skill that does BS damage compared to COMPO. geez, what kind of ice mages, not knowing about a skill thats so darn good! auk25 said it before: COMPO is the best skill in most cases. only in ice strong or thunder weak, should you use TS. another 'geez' shall be inserted)

no freeze. so you just wait for the grims to crush you under their fat @$$3$, like alishar does when you maxed lightning? (hehe, he quoted me there) or do you want the nice ice attack? in your face? slow is useful. it has its uses. its like PKB, except much better. but i bet you people dont know what PKB is. "sigh" and you dare argue about skills. geeze

btw, no offence. the last comment was a joke.
    Finally back at Maple. It's been so long...but absence didn't make the heart grow fonder.

Sorry, I wrote that above post at 4am, sounded a bit cranky, I apologise. :oops:
    I admit I didn't really think about monsters that aren't affected by freeze, however, as a hybrid i/l mage (which I am and honestly is suggested) I'm left over with one excess point at the end of 2nd job, which I was planning to put in slow anyway.
    Also, there's always the possibility to teleport away from the enemy once they get close (something mages still use so alishar won't crush them under her fat @$$3$ )

FYI for anyone not understanding the PKB thing, it's a crossbowman skill called Power Knock-Back, giving them a harder shove than usual.

and i do one post, and the people back me up.

Dance puppets! Dance!

(j/k of corse :lol: )
    Mage Guide
    Canadianus is also known as: Rtothef, Ferris, Ferris4ever and obviously.. Canadianus.

Default Re: The Canadian Quality Guide to Mages -Page 1- w00t~!

Quote Originally Posted by eefie
    Quote Originally Posted by WildChild
    You can exchange slow for cold beam if you wish, but slow is very useful during 3rd class engagements (aka: thunderspear)
    Why bother with Slow? Honestly, I think you're forgetting that cold beam has this little effect called freezing
    Yes, theres a little thing called thunder spear. You can use slow, then pump monsters full of it. It can be used in partys also, and it is just plain useful.

So please, before you whip a comment like that up, please investigate yourself if it IS useful, because if you look at the variables, it is.
    You didn't finish reading his comment

Why bother with Slow? Honestly, I think you're forgetting that cold beam has this little effect called freezing, where the enemy just stops moving, instead of slowing down abit.
    In adition to slowing down/stopping the enemy, it also damages him abit, maybe sparing you one thunder spear.
    And with the latest patch, cold beam's even better, with its max freeze time between 4 and 5 secs (stated here)
    And if you want to keep em down longer, you could use ice strike, which holds em for 6-7 secs now (see previous link)

A good tactic would then be:
    Magic Booster
    Cold Beam/Ice Strike (whichever you prefer)
    Spam Thunder Spear
    Recast Magic Booster when effect is running out, recast your ice spell when enemy defreezes (not in that order if they happen at the same time )
    I agree that Ice mages don't need Slow

stop giving canadianus that poop. slow is useful for ice mages in certain cases.

ever thought of trying to kill grims for sexier exp? no? well, slow comes in useful here. why? no freeze. yep. your cold beam or ice strike wont freeze. (why do people ALWAYS for get COMPO! its the skill that REPLACES cold beam! and here you are, talking about a lousier skill that does BS damage compared to COMPO. geez, what kind of ice mages, not knowing about a skill thats so darn good! auk25 said it before: COMPO is the best skill in most cases. only in ice strong or thunder weak, should you use TS. another 'geez' shall be inserted)

no freeze. so you just wait for the grims to crush you under their fat @$$3$, like alishar does when you maxed lightning? (hehe, he quoted me there) or do you want the nice ice attack? in your face? slow is useful. it has its uses. its like PKB, except much better. but i bet you people dont know what PKB is. "sigh" and you dare argue about skills. geeze

btw, no offence. the last comment was a joke.
    Was that post towards me?

I wasn't giving Canadianus poop...Just pointing out that he didn't fully read SeeMyLight's post.

:roll:
    |
    +
    |
    +
    |
    +
    Utilitas.Venustas.Firmitas

of corse i did. But he didnt state at all that it was useful.

Please dont tell me what i didn't do
    (didnt mean that in a mean way, i did read it. Meaby i was tired, i dont know.)
    Mage Guide
    Canadianus is also known as: Rtothef, Ferris, Ferris4ever and obviously.. Canadianus.

Lucida

ok, stop arguing and attempting to flame (aww....)

lets just forget slow and put ALL points into maxing....MAGIC ARMOR!!!
    Finally back at Maple. It's been so long...but absence didn't make the heart grow fonder.

I didn't mean that it wasn't usefull at all, just that, for the monsters that are effected by it, freezing is a better choice. Eefie had a point with those grims, but I think teleporting would work there. Even if the enemy gets too close during an attack, you can still teleport away when casting thunder spear, and finish it after the teleport.

Yea, but if you have slow, you can get 2 or meaby 3 hits in before having to teleport. Saving you mp, time and energy.

Slow=Less mp then mass teleport, more efficent, less key smashing, useful on none freezing monsters.

Freeze=Damage and Freeze, efficent, main attack (usually) not-useful on non freezeing monsters.

I dont know, freeze is useful, slow is useful, hell even magic comp (god i hate that spell) is useful.

It all gos down to what the people want out of their char. So, thats that.
    Mage Guide

Lucida

Yea, but if you have slow, you can get 2 or meaby 3 hits in before having to teleport. Saving you mp, time and energy.

Slow=Less mp then mass teleport, more efficent, less key smashing, useful on none freezing monsters.

Freeze=Damage and Freeze, efficent, main attack (usually) not-useful on non freezeing monsters.

I dont know, freeze is useful, slow is useful, hell even magic comp (god i hate that spell) is useful.

It all gos down to what the people want out of their char. So, thats that.

Cana, Compo is one of the best skills for ice mages. it replaces Cold Beam, and it is the most effective skill in most cases against single monsters. it may not be that good for fire mages, but hell we ice mages need it (ok, im not an ice mage, just an ice wizard >.<).

Banned

I might like Canadians now 8)