View Poll Results: How many working hours can you survive on a daily basis?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • 8 hours

9 64.29%
  • 12 hours

5 35.71%
  • 16 hours

0 0%
  • More than 16 hours

0 0%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NEED WORK NOW. (Don't vote if you've never worked for money)

Right now I'm going to school 7:30am to 2:34pm, when I then go to work from 4pm to 10pm, do three hours worth of HW, fap, then sleep before waking up at 4am to continue HW and other things.

Rinse and repeat, and you have my daily routine. Would you say its tiring? Yes. Would you say it affects my free time? Yes. Do I love it? Yes. It in no way hinders my performance in school, therefore it doesn't cause problems.

During summer, I worked for a bike shop, where we constantly had work to do. I was paid under the table, so it was normal for me to work from 10am to 4am, 7 days a week. I did that every single day for the entire summer, and in no way did I feel strained.

I'd suggest you take the 8 hour route, seeing as how you'd wanna stay as healthy as possible. If it were me, I'd definately go for the 12 hours though. Theres my little two cents on the subject.

I wouldn't want my girlfriend working so hard to the point where she needs caffiene and other things to keep her awake, even if it IS something she loves to do. >_>

No

i gotta start my volunteer hours. where should i work? nursing home? hospital? aquarium? red cross?

Anywhere nice enough to hire you?

I started at a hospital, entering patient data and submitting charges.

No

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperhal
    I wouldn't want my girlfriend working so hard to the point where she needs caffiene and other things to keep her awake, even if it IS something she loves to do. >_>
    :lol: Actually, my bf and I met at work. I was working perm. and he was a temp on internship. How did he woo me? Two words: RED BULL. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Quote Originally Posted by krnboy1009
    i gotta start my volunteer hours. where should i work? nursing home? hospital? aquarium? red cross?
    The easiest place to start is at school. All you need is a bit of organisation skills. One things you could do is start a tutoring program at school for the subject you're best at, organise people who can sign up to become a tutor and log THEIR volunteer hours. Get it known to the world about your tutoring program and the people who need homework help will come.

Beyond that, apply anywhere and everywhere. The more you make yourself known to those organisations, the higher the probability of getting accepted into at least one.

Quote Originally Posted by krnboy1009
    Quote Originally Posted by gweege
    The easiest place to start is at school. All you need is a bit of organisation skills. One things you could do is start a tutoring program at school for the subject you're best at, organise people who can sign up to become a tutor and log THEIR volunteer hours. Get it known to the world about your tutoring program and the people who need homework help will come.

Beyond that, apply anywhere and everywhere. The more you make yourself known to those organisations, the higher the probability of getting accepted into at least one.
    now...the problem with that is that too many kids already took the spot. i need to look somewhere else.

What about positions related to politics? Environmental conservation? Organising larger volunteer trips like http://corazon.org/ ?

voulenteering is teh sucks. work for nothing, i dont think. id rather work and get paid for it.

i dont care if you say i dont have a heart. but we all realize this. and the only times i do voulenteer work is when i need it to pass CCD for my church.

Quote Originally Posted by zigkid3
    voulenteering is teh sucks. work for nothing, i dont think. id rather work and get paid for it.

i dont care if you say i dont have a heart. but we all realize this. and the only times i do voulenteer work is when i need it to pass CCD for my church.
    im doing this for credit for college,and high school. i need certain credit to graduate,

Quote Originally Posted by gweegee
    Quote Originally Posted by Wassow
    Bah, Been looking for one for months, been turned down 5 times
    What kind of jobs?

I've been turned down before when I FIRST started applying to work at Tim Horton's and McD's. An old friend later told me it was because the resume I submitted contained too much crap so I looked overqualified.
    lol you got turned down by mcdonalds. lmao.....

Quote Originally Posted by MagikMilk
    Quote Originally Posted by gweegee
    Quote Originally Posted by Wassow
    Bah, Been looking for one for months, been turned down 5 times
    What kind of jobs?

I've been turned down before when I FIRST started applying to work at Tim Horton's and McD's. An old friend later told me it was because the resume I submitted contained too much crap so I looked overqualified.
    lol you got turned down by mcdonalds. lmao.....
    LOL I FELL OFF MY CHAIR READING THAT XD :lol: :lol: :lol: :oops: :o :lol: :lol:
    TroollllTroollllTroollllTroollllTroollllTroollllTr oollllTroollllTroollllTroollllTroollllTroollllTroo llllTroollllTroollllTroollllTroollllTroollllTrooll llTroollllTroollllTroollllTroollllTroollllTroollll TroollllTroollllTroollllTroollllTroollllTroollllTr oollllTroollllTroollllTroollllTroollllTroollllTroo llllTroollllTroollllTroollllTroollllTroollllTrooll llTroollllTroollllTroollllTroollllTroollllTroollll Troollll