Page 6909 of 7207 FirstFirst ... 5909640968096859689969076908690969106911691969597009 ... LastLast
Results 69,081 to 69,090 of 72066

Thread: The Chat Thread

Always the Bridesmaid... bulmabriefs144's Avatar

Think carefully about this the next time you think renting a movie is "no big deal."

Quote Originally Posted by Tesiqurasa View Post
    That's like saying that since I have one dollar bill and 50 pennies, I have the same as the guy with 50 pennies and 1 nickel.

It's not.
    Not really, 1 dollar and 50 cents, another guy said he has 6 quarters. Even though they are different it still sums up to $1.50, It's the same concept i'm trying to make, even though they got different medals their total medal count still sums up to 23
    Last edited by kaglover1; 1st August 2012 at 08:24 PM.

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

Except a gold medal is "more valuable" than a silver medal, and a silver medal is "more valuable" than bronze. They have the same number of medals, just like I'd have the same number of items in that example, but the medals are not the same "value".

Also, now China has fewer medals than the US, but they're still winning (it's 14g, 7s, 4b against 10g, 8s, 8g). That alone should be proof that they were not "tied" with the US in any legitimate sense.

Spoiler!

I came and I went.
    I'm Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Tesiqurasa View Post
    Except a gold medal is "more valuable" than a silver medal, and a silver medal is "more valuable" than bronze. They have the same number of medals, just like I'd have the same number of items in that example, but the medals are not the same "value".

Also, now China has fewer medals than the US, but they're still winning (it's 14g, 7s, 4b against 10g, 8s, 8g). That alone should be proof that they were not "tied" with the US in any legitimate sense.
    US has 4 more bronze than China but China has 5 more golds than the US. Which means China is more superior than the united states

I don't even know what she's trying to say anymore.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    But now I'm like screw that, I'm skipping to the part where Bella finally combines with Edward

US has 4 more bronze than China but China has 5 more golds than the US. Which means China is more superior than the united states
    tesi just said that.

hehehe

solelygrace+saiarain <3

Be more specific next time.

China is superior to the United States in terms of training their athletes.
    by Cryopon

The United States is superior to China in terms of paying their athletes.
    Butts.

213 181 178 166 165 164 162 152 147 135 134 130 125 123 123 120 120 104 100 100

Fine this is what I learned from a Chinese documentary for the Olympics, very young children whom has been chosen as future athletes are to compete for the future Olympics. Only a few are chosen, and those children (at a very young age) are trained to become those athletes. Chinese Athletes who perform at these olympics train harder than any of the world:

BEIJING – Chinese swimmer Ye Shiwen became a double Olympic gold medalist at just 16 years of age and has become the talk of the 2012 Olympic Games.
    How is it possible a teenager can perform so well under such pressure?‘Spartan training methods’ are allegedly the reason why China’s athletes are superb at a very young age.Boot camps train children, barely out of diapers, subjecting them to grueling, borderline torturous, training methods that by Western standards would be labeled child abuse and make their parents’ skin crawl with disgust.Day in and day out, the children are forced to train for hours on end and subject themselves to grueling routines that would make grown men cry. But neither tears nor heartache offer any relieve from the relentless training exercises controlled by stern coaches who only double the load when ‘signs of weakness’ appear.And although many Chinese who live in the free world, are now beginning to openly speak out about their disgust with these government controlled training camps, intended to produce only the ‘perfect’ athlete, such training facilities are still plentiful in a country that prides itself on having the world’s most disciplined people.
    23-year old swimmer Lu Ying dared to openly go against the Chinese government when she was training is Australia, saying that China’s ‘Spartan training methods’ are what produce superior young athletes.Other athletes who spend their entire youth in such training camps complained that once their sporting career was over they were unable to find work because the only thing they know is their sport.A similar training method was used during the former Soviet Union era which had similar boot camps where athletes were forced to train hours on end for the better of their country.
    Reference: View at your own risk