Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A Modern Xbow Guide: is it possible?

Default A Modern Xbow Guide: is it possible?

almost every xbow guide's been made by people who now is 70 and more, and was 40-50 when ludi and aqua came...

i still read of "i'm 40 where4 to train?" "kitties"

but... if i'm 40 leveling at kitties takes at least... 10 days!

or "i'm 38 where to train?" "fire boars"
    leveling at fire boars is ssooooooooooooo loooooooooooooooooong and boring!

none who says "train at teddies at 28 to 32" "chronos 32-35" "platoon chronos 36-40" and stuff like this...

and, maybe... a honest guide... i've found no guide who said to give some points to iron arrow at beginning... but it's important! necessary!!

and final attack it's totally useless!!

can someone, please, make a good work?

The "Where do I train" does need a face-lift. I contacted Emily last week, I believe, about it; Made some suggestions and what-not.

What a topic like that needs is to be made by someone who is active, and can update it as gMS/MSEA progresses.

Now, I wouldn't go as far as calling FA useless. It's a personal thing, but it's very far from useless.

Anyway, I support your idea of having the Bowman area revamped. Hell, ALL of the Hunting Ground areas need it. You can do your part by working with a moderator (Emily being the preferred) to get important topics stickied etc etc etc.
    Hail Satan

Ratz are better in terms of spawn than Jr Kitties but no exchange quest...

Iron Arrow isn't really necessary until you start PQing.

FA is less recommended for Crossbowmen.
    Julliant - Lv130 Bow Master of Bootes

I guess I could make one as I go along :\
    Irc

FRAGZ: 3
    Honor kills: Waxxup

For my experience I'd say go to chronos at lvl40 and stay there until lvl50. Mobbing them with lvl15 Arrow Bomb is easy and saves a lot of mesos. And that map can't be vacced from off screen. If you wish to hunt for Tobis go to platoon chronos but you need to kill them in three shoots with booster or they will use their ranged attack. You can't mob for an efficient training. Just my two cents.

You got to admit, most of those guides were probably before or during the initial release of lubridium or however you spell it as well as Omega Sector and Helios Tower, so there wasn't much to go on then. Like let_her_burn said, the stickies should be an area that is constantly updated.

You're not sick-- you're love sick.

Iron Arrow isn't really necessary until you start PQing.
    meh... when you've got a rush of 6 kitties running to you, i'd like to see how can you stop them with double shot :)

iron arrow is not only useful in high-respawn maps... it's necessary!

it saved me tens... hundreds of times almost everywhere.

it makes me stop 3-to-6 platoon chronos without getting smashed by powerful-shots, it lets me kill 6 kitties in 6 shots (instead of killing one by one with 12 shota) etc. etc.

i hardly use it in pq, but at alishar.
    also i still think FA for an Xbow is not that useful, you can put SP in better skills.

also FA become unuseable at 3rd job :(

If you wish to hunt for Tobis go to platoon chronos but you need to kill them in three shoots with booster or they will use their ranged attack.
    i kill a platoon in 4 shots, getting 99 (99? am i right? not important).

i make a 1% every 1 minute and a half (if i'm in the mood of fighting restlessly for a long time, and i have a great quantity of pots).

i use to train at monsters who give me at least 0,04% each (i know i'll never meet again monsters like teddies who gave me 0,05% with 3 shots :( ) in 3-4shots. if i had enough time (i can play only in weekend) i'd level quite fast.

the matter is a good guide should have to say "this monster gives very good exp but low money"
    "this monster's good for money not very much for exp" for about almost every level...

also:
    "40-50 lvl: pq as more as you can"... PQ is not that great thing... ok, if you're lucky you can make 4 pq in a day, leveling and getting tons of good stuff... but many times i get 25% exp, when i could get 40% trainbing at monsters, cause of too many users pqing...

i'd make a guide, but i really have not enough time...)

That's why you get ac and be a leader. I use to get into like 10 PQ's a day
    I believe, therefor I'm insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Seven Secksy Sins
    the matter is a good guide should have to say "this monster gives very good exp but low money"
    "this monster's good for money not very much for exp" for about almost every level...

also:
    "40-50 lvl: pq as more as you can"... PQ is not that great thing... ok, if you're lucky you can make 4 pq in a day, leveling and getting tons of good stuff... but many times i get 25% exp, when i could get 40% trainbing at monsters, cause of too many users pqing...

i'd make a guide, but i really have not enough time...)
    Well, how about we compile information on certain Bowman/Crossbowman issues in this topic, then someone can make a new topic with all the information on the first page. One of us that are quite active can send it to a Moderator for review to get stickied.

Whenever new information comes up, the post can be edited with that new information.
    Hail Satan

I'll do it. When I awake I'll start compiling it, when we have a decent amount, like to level 70, half decent guide, I'll make a new topic or something.
    Irc

FRAGZ: 3
    Honor kills: Waxxup