View Poll Results: Was this useful?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

1 16.67%
  • No

5 83.33%

Thread: Short Ranged Archer Guide (Level 1-30)

Default Short Ranged Archer Guide (Level 1-30)

Short Ranged Archer lv1-30 by DoomedIdiot

Contents

1. Intro
    2. Why should you do this?
    3. Stats
    4. Skill Build
    5. Training Areas
    6. Weapons. Armors and ect.
    7. Legal stuff and credits

1. Intro

A short ranged archer is for people who want more power in the beginning. It's also more money costly but I find that this is more enjoyable to somebody like me. I've tried to make a bowman using the normal formula of maxing Eye of Amazon first and Critical Shot but I found that I wasnâ??t right for this build so I created my own build. As archers, we have nothing holding us back such as Improving Max Hp or Improving Max MP so we can fool around with our skill points as long as we end up the same and get to level 30.

2. Why should you do this?

You may be thinking along the lines of why I should be doing this when all the guides say to max out Eye of Amazon first and Critical Shot afterward. Here a pro and con list to help you decideâ?¦.

Pros

â?˘ Higher Dmg at lower levels
    â?˘ Faster Training
    â?˘ End up the same as every other archer (sort of) by level 30.

Cons

â?˘ It may cause a rip in your wallet
    â?˘ Shorter Range

3. Stats

â?˘ Starting off, you should have 4 Luk and 4 Int or 4 Luk and 5 Int (or vise versa).
    When becoming an archer, you MUST have 25 Dex minimum.
    Make sure you have 30 points into Str after you have 25 Dex then put whatever's left into Dex.
    If you have 4 Luk and 5 Int then your stats should be 30 STR and 31 Dex.

â?˘ You're probably thinking "Why 30 STR?"

Unless youâ??re going to be a hunter, then you won't need add any points into Str until your level 30. This means that all your points go into Dex (until lv25). This also means that you train faster until level 15-18.

â?˘ Level 25 and up

After level 25, depending on what class you want to be will decide on what stat build are you following.

Hunters- Hunters should have 5 more Str then their level. So by level 30, a hunter would have 35 Str. Basically, after level 25; you add 1 point into Str and 4 into Dex.

Crossbowman- Crossbowman should have the same Str as their level. So by lv30, you would have 30 Str and the rest into Dex. And after level 30, put 1 into Str and 4 into Dex.

4. Skill Builds

I have suggested two builds. One which is for funded archers who have ATLEAST 1 million to spend on pots. And about double shot and arrow blow, choose whichever you like but double shot is stronger. Double shot gives two chances for critical and is more mp costly. If you need help to decide or think I'm wrong, please look up videos of a Crossbowman/Archer using Maxed Double Shot and another using Maxed Arrow Blow and compare the damage. Make sure the two your comparing are the same class and same level.

â?˘ Build A - Double Shot

This build is very costly for an archer and is what I did. Basically, you don't attack with normal arrows, just spamming double shot.

1 Arrow Blow
    Max Double Shot
    *3 Blessing of the Amazon
    *2 Eye of the Amazon
    Max Critical Shot
    Max Eye of the Amazon
    *Rest of the points into Arrow Blow/Focus/Blessing of the Amazon

The ones I marked with a * can vary. For instance, you may skip the points into Eye of Amazon and Blessing of Amazon and max Critical Shot right away and get those two later. I'm just suggesting you do this because you're going to want a little extra range so you can shoot a little further and not have people endlessly kill stealing you. The last * I marked means that you may put the rest of your points into whichever skill. Please do note that you should put ALL your points into the one you're deciding to put points in. Putting your points into Arrow Blow should give that extra knock back you need although I suggest you not do it. Focus and Blessing of the Amazon only differ by having Focus being a Support skill and Focus giving +Avoid. Personally I would say put points into Focus but it's your choice.

â?˘ Build B - Critical Shot

This is the alternative build and the build I'm going to test out when I get bored of my soon-to-be Crossbowman. (Yes you've been taking advice from a guy who hasnâ??t even reached 2nd job advancement yet). Although this is cheaper because your going to be using normal shots at lower levels.

Max Critical Shot
    *3 Blessing of the Amazon
    *2 Eye of the Amazon
    1 Arrow Blow
    Max Double Shot
    Max Eye of the Amazon
    *Rest of the points into Arrow Blow/Focus/Blessing of the Amazon

The explanation is above this build. This build makes your damage range crazy (as in doing from 25-300dmg). Your going to be using Critical Shot until Double Shot is at least level 10 since you've chosen this build to save money and Double Shot won't be as worth it since you should be 1-2 hitting monsters with Critical Shot and normal arrowing.

5. Training Areas

Unless you want to spend hundred thousands or time getting your archers to level 15+ I suggest you follow this build..

Level 1-6

Snails at Maple Island do all the quests.

Level 6-10

Do any quests you still need to do and kill anything you see. Stay on Maple Island until level 10.

Level 10-15

Do any quests you want to do and use an axe/sword/anything at the slime tree until your level 15. If you really want to save money and like to watch slimes get squished then stay there until level 18.
    Directions- Go to the south exit of Ellinia. Then go south again. Go west and you should end up at The Forest South of Ellinia. Go to the most left Danger sign on the map and go in and you should be at Dungeon, Southern Forest 1.
    â?˘ I suggest you do all 3 Nella quests for level 15 and get your level 20 gloves.

Level 15-24

Go to pig beach (1 or 2 double shots should kill the pigs).
    Directions- Go to The 3-Way Split and at the middle of the map you should find a row of yellow flowers, push up around them.
    â?˘ Do any quests you want to do.

Level 24-30

Go to Dungeon: Ant Tunnel I and Kill Horny Mushrooms on the two platforms. There are usually people there so keep changing channels until you find one thatâ??s empty. You should stay on 1 platform if you can't find a channel with the two available.
    Directions- Go to Sleepywood (Ant Tunnel) and go 1 screen right.
    â?˘ Do any quests you want.

Alternate leveling from 21-30

Party Questing. Go find a Kerning Party Questing Guide (there are a lot) and learn how to Party Quest.

6. Weapons. Armors and ect.

*Bows and Crossbows donâ??t matter if you haven't reached second job advancement yet.
    *My way of choosing what to wear is how much Dex the item has.

â?˘ Weapons

Level 1-10 > Grab whatever your highest Weapon Attack item is
    Level 10-15/18> Use an lv10 item (people usually choose axe) and kill slimes until you decide to switch to bow/crossbows.
    Level 15/18+ > Choose a bow or crossbow and upgrade everything you can get a new one. Or if youâ??re a reckless spender get everything and upgrade every 3 levels.

â?˘ Hat

Level 1-10 > Use the hat you get from the Letter Delivering Quest.
    Level 10-30> Personally I'd say to use that hat until level 25 and upgrade to a Green Bamboo Hat. It gives +3 Dex and all the other hats arenâ??t too useful. Although if you want Weapon Defense you can go ahead and get the level 15 one and use it till lv25. This also saves money considering your not going to upgrade much

â?˘ Top

Level 1-10> Regular Beginner Stuff
    Level 10-15> At level 15 get a Green Leather Hoodwear
    Level 15-30> You can skip the level 20 top (unless you want Weapon Defense )and get a Green Bennis Chainmail at level 25

â?˘ Bottom

Level 1-10 > Regular Beginner Stuff
    Level 10-30> Personally I'd say to use it until level 25 and get a Bennis Chainpants although for Weapon Defense you may upgrade to the level 10 or level 20 bottom.

â?˘ Shoe

Level 1-25> This doesnâ??t give too much Weapon Defense so use whatever you have until level 25.
    Level 25-30> Go to Sleepywood and synthesize a Green/Brown/Red Jack Shoes or just buy them off Free Market.

â?˘ Glove

*If you have the money, you can get a work glove thatâ??s scrolled for Weapon Attack and skip this part.

Level 1-19 > Nothing
    Level 20-30 > Hopefully you did all 3 Nella Request Quests for level 15 and gotten a Blue Diros. Go to Henseys and synthesize a Green Diros.

7. Legal stuff and credits

Copyright DoomedIdiot- Do not copy this guide, translate it and copy it, or sell it without permission of DoomedIdiot
    Credits go to whichever site is hosting this and me for making this and MapleStory for existing.
    Last edited by coldhunter77; 1st July 2010 at 12:20 PM.

Well... yet another guide up to LV 30. Good job, very detailed... but nothing special.
    Julliant - Lv130 Bow Master of Bootes

but the short range will just make leveling slower actually, since there's a small gap between arrow damage, and bow slapping.
    Tehwizord-bera-lv4x cleric
    HyperPerson-Broa-lv2x archer

No it won't. You're fighting Snails and Mushrooms... how hard can it be?
    Julliant - Lv130 Bow Master of Bootes