33. You may not vote on this poll
  • keep ilbi

11 33.33%
  • sell and buy 2 steely

22 66.67%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ilbis or steelys ?

Banned

I'm probably gonna sell the ilbi for 29 mil (basilmarket auction) and buy 2 steelys and a good wg.

I want the overall attack bonuses to stack up to at least an ilbi, which means I'll need at least a 2 attack work glove, and with 7 mil (2 X 11 = 22, 29-22 = 7, steelys go for around 11 mil on scania) I could afford probably a 4/5 wg, maybe 6 if I get lucky or something.

If we're talking about Scania, as an example...

Sell Ilbi (27atk) for 25M.
    Buy 8 sets of Tobi (23atk) 1.5M each total 12M.
    Buy 6atk WG with the rest.

Now you have 8 sets of stars with an effective atk of 29.

It is totally pointless to buy 2 Steely and a 2atk WG to make it up to 27. You then have 2 sets of stars. It's far far better to buy cheaper stars like Tobi and a better WG. It will end up having the same atk but you will have way more stars.

Banned

I sold it for 29 mil and I bought 2 steely for 22 mil, now I've got 5 mil left and I wanna buy a work glove, what kind can I afford ? (on scania)

For 5M you'll manage a 2atk or 3atk, leaving you with 2 sets of stars with an effective atk of 27 or 28. My plan above would be much better...

Quote Originally Posted by Fraxian
    Get the workglove liek i have been saying. Its like a free warrior pot that works all the time. PLUS you can stack on other warrior pots to make it even more powerful. Dude the order for power is this:

CLAW>GLOVE>STARS always...
    i thought it wuz glove>claw>Stars O_o
    [Windia]
    : Lv45 I/L - [XxLayZxX]
    : Lv43 F/P - [xXxLayZxXx]
    : Lv40 Cleric - [0oLayZo0]
    : Lv40 I/L - [x5UiCid3x]
    : Lv41 Sin - [Mi53RY]
    : Lv31 Sin - [5UiCid3]
    : Lv30 Hunter - [b133diNG]
    [Bellocan]
    : Lv53 Sin - [Xx5UiCid3xX]
    : Lv40 Cleric - [XxMi53RYxX]

Quote Originally Posted by xLayZx
    Quote Originally Posted by Fraxian
    Get the workglove liek i have been saying. Its like a free warrior pot that works all the time. PLUS you can stack on other warrior pots to make it even more powerful. Dude the order for power is this:

CLAW>GLOVE>STARS always...
    i thought it wuz glove>claw>Stars O_o
    It really depends what you have.
    As long as you do stars last, you're good.
    Message me for a:
    -Hybrid Spearman and DK Guide
    -Why Swords are better than Axe/BW Explanation

in my opinion you shouldnt even get steelys or ilbis unless you can buy like 7 sets or more because in later levels, its quanity>quality for stars because you train in highly isolated areas and you dont want to have to go back to town every 15 mins just to recharge 1 set of ilbis or 2 sets of steelys, i would much rather have 10 sets of tobis (which is around 12,000 stars with lvl 20 mastery) and a decent attack glove like 7atk+ that give you more than enough attack this way you are set for a long grind without worrying about when your stars run out. and by the way most sins carry enough stars to get them 1 lvl untill 3rd job

I'm currently using a 10 atk WG, 4 sets of Ilbi, and 8 sets of Tobi. I was in the process of gradually replacing the Tobi with Ilbi but the prices started rocketing, so now I've got only 4 sets and I'm reluctant to do any buying or selling while the price is going mad.

It's defiinately quantity over quality, but only to a certain extent. I usually find that 8 sets of stars lasts long enough for my training sessions, so I'd just like 4 more sets of Ilbi, but I'll wait until the prices go back down I think.

But yeah, listen to all the guys here, sell the Steely you just bought, buy 8 sets of Tobi and use the rest for as high a WG as you can get, then you'll be set!

Banned

1 lvl before 3rd job ? You'd need an entire inventory full of stars considering you'd use no less than 4 per monster and you need well over 1 mil exp in the later lvls.

I'm semi-rich, so I could afford a bunch of tobi, which is probably what I'll do later on, plus buy a good work glove. But while I'm still in the 1st and early 2nd job, where my training spots are very close to towns, I value quality above quantity. 2 steely for me right now (lvl 21) is a lot more useful than a bunch of tobi.

I am probably gonna buy 5-10 tobi eventually for when I get further into 2nd job, but right now I think the steely were a good choice (if prices keep going up, I can resell for a lot of tobi).

Mainly, I was just wondering what a wg is worth. I got an offer of 4.5 mil for a 4 attack wg (0 slots), should I buy it now and get a better one later ?

Also, I've gotten pretty attached to my steely, they look way to cool to sell now (even better than ilbi). Plus, I've got a bunch of nice items on my mage I could sell for around 40-50 mil, which would net me a nice wg and a bunch of tobi, it's just that steely would speed my training up right now -- I could always sell them later, probably for more if prices keep going up.

But while I'm still in the 1st and early 2nd job, where my training spots are very close to towns, I value quality above quantity.
    Well if you read what I've written, which is the general accepted opinion, doing what everyone has suggested (ie using Tobi and a high atk WG) will actually make you stronger and able to train longer. So um if you would rather attack with less damage and have to go back to town then stick with the Steely.

It sounds like you didn't really want advice, more that you wanted people to agree with the choice you'd already made lol... but oh well!