8 53.33%
  • Bleh I don't care either way...

5 33.33%
  • Your idea sucks!

2 13.33%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My solution to scroll prices

Default My solution to scroll prices

Yes I'm bored, just waiting for something to download so here's a random idea lol

OK so the scroll prices are getting out of hand, as we all know. It's nearly impossible now to effectively scroll weapons until at least LV50, maybe even LV60 or LV70 with some of them. As the high levels get even higher, they get more and more scrolls, and the scroll prices will go up and up, making it so that only LV100+ or funded low levels can afford to scroll anything.

My idea is to get rid of scrolls and have some kind of NPC to do it from.

Basically you would go to this NPC, for example in a store much like the pot shops or weapon shops. You would then talk to the NPC that deals with the sort of item you would like to scroll. You can then choose the type of scroll you would like to use, exactly the same as the scrolls we currently have, and the NPC would scroll your item.

The twist is that pricing would be in relation to the level of the item you want to scroll. As a totally random example, scrolling a LV20 2H sword with 60% atk scrolls would cost you 50K each, but scrolling a LV70 2H sword with 60% atk scrolls would cost you 500K each.

This way would make scrolling far more accessible and would stop the ridiculous price increases that you can no doubt expect when 4th jobs come out and we start getting loads of really high levelled characters with stupid amounts of cash.

Of course, there could be extra limits like a daily, weekly or monthly limit to the number of scrolls you can buy, so that people wouldn't all have stupidly nice scrolled items, or some other similar method. I'm sure someone not half asleep like me can come up with some more ideas on how to limit the scrolling a little, but you get the idea.

Thoughts?

Slime

The time-related limits would do little, because people could just wait that long to scroll again. The limit on how many times an item can be scrolled should be changed depending on the item's level. For example: A level 0 weapon would have 0 slots. Level 10 and 15 items could have 1 slot. 20 ~ 30 could have 2. 35 and 40 would have 3. 50 would have 4. 60 would have 5. 70 has 6. And so on. That way, we don't get crazy scrolled weapons that are faster than their higher-level counterparts. For example, Red Vipers, Mebas, Zecos (I think that's what they're called).

Mushmom

Nope, because then scroll hack would be dam well near possible, especially with this. You have the right idea just the wrong way.

Quote Originally Posted by LT gamer
    Nope, because then scroll hack would be dam well near possible, especially with this. You have the right idea just the wrong way.
    It would make no difference. Both ways would send a request to the server and the server sends a reply, then the item is scrolled or not.

The main idea is the NPC with the scrolls, and the price dependant on the level of the item. The other details are technical really and need to be worked out by someone that knows the ins-and-outs of the game a lot more, and the in-game statistics ie the programmers and producers.

But something really needs to be done about scroll prices. Can you imagine when we have hundreds of 3rd job characters, all with 1000M+ mesos? Do you think they will care if they need to spend 10M on each 2H sword scroll for their sword they just bought for 300M meso? It'll start getting silly soon...

Bumping current, decent topics to top of spam topics. Have a nice day.
    Irc

FRAGZ: 3
    Honor kills: Waxxup

Quote Originally Posted by Jedisbar
    lol
    DAE314 SAID THIS

BYE DSH ILY <3 *kissy kissy*

Quote Originally Posted by Jedisbar
    Whats up with you?? I seen you post that in another thread....

Anyways... I kinda like your idea but I think we should add a 70% breaking chance because people would just scroll by the npc instead of buying or finding them... and that takes the fun out of stuff.....

There was that guy who bought a black sack for 10 mil?? and accdiently dropped it... lol

Well, monsters wouldn't drop them any more. That's the point of it! :)

There's lots of small details that could be worked out to make it fair, but the basic idea is there. Perhaps only have certain types of scrolls available from the NPC like 60% ones or maybe even the 70% ones that sometimes mess up the items, and still have 10% drop from monsters.

But the main objective would be to make scrolls accessible by everyone, not just the ultra rich. I mean I'm not badly off in Maple terms, I have well over 50M spare right now, but I really don't want to spend over 2M each for scrolls. If I buy 7 thats 14M, which is quite a big dent on my funds!

yeah that sucks ass (not ur idea) the scroll prices are so annoying...oh well even if they DO go up it's awesome for nubs like me trying to make extra cash :D now instead of selling a 60% claw scroll for like 700k-1000k i can sell for 1.5-2.0mill woo

iELO - Level 3x Brawler...we'll see.

Does anyone know how it goes in the Maple story of Korea or China? Those servers are i think maybe 3 years old. I don't think their scroll prices are extremely high.
    And i know for sure that Ilbi's are there way cheaper than in Maple Global. Maybe because there are more Ilbi's there.