Page 96 of 97 FirstFirst ... 468694959697 LastLast

Thread: *New/Improved* Where should I train?

Quote Originally Posted by DlPSHl7 View Post
    Try monsters around Ariant, especially scorpions/sand rats. Even if they're not fire weak, the tiny damage boost you're getting from 6 Fire Charge isn't enough to change you training rate dramatically.
    oh.... sorry kinda new. Didn't know that if i added my fire charge to a higher level, my neutral dmg will also increase..
    Should i just carry on adding my fire charge to 18 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Zaphyr View Post
    oh.... sorry kinda new. Didn't know that if i added my fire charge to a higher level, my neutral dmg will also increase..
    Should i just carry on adding my fire charge to 18 ?
    No, it's fine at level 6. The most important thing is Charged Blow at this stage, not the charges themselves.

WK charges, as well as TB and DW charges, are different from attacks already imbued with an element (for example mage attacks and Inferno/Blizzard). Charges will increase in both neutral damage and elemental advantage, whereas elemental attacks start off with a 1.5x multiplier for elementally weak and increase in neutral damage.

Simply put, at level 6, you will not be gaining a 150% damage increase by hitting a fire weak monster. That happens at level 20.

Quote Originally Posted by DlPSHl7 View Post
    No, it's fine at level 6. The most important thing is Charged Blow at this stage, not the charges themselves.

WK charges, as well as TB and DW charges, are different from attacks already imbued with an element (for example mage attacks and Inferno/Blizzard). Charges will increase in both neutral damage and elemental advantage, whereas elemental attacks start off with a 1.5x multiplier for elementally weak and increase in neutral damage.

Simply put, at level 6, you will not be gaining a 150% damage increase by hitting a fire weak monster. That happens at level 20.
    icic ty =D

Beginner

Hullo all,

I'm a level 104 Crusader with "meh" equipment and I've just recently returned from a class-influenced break. I was wondering how long the Kru/Captain area is viable? Are there any faster alternatives at higher levels?

By recently returning, I mean I've been gone since before the 6-person party = 250% experience area I've been hearing about (though it does sounds rather awesome).

As a side note, my brother is returning with me (break for the same reason) and is currently level 97. Where should he be, and when should he head to Kru/Captains? His equipment is way better off than mine as he fell behind in levels due to a brief stint in merchanting.

All advice greatly appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Seiitaishogu View Post
    Hullo all,

I'm a level 104 Crusader with "meh" equipment and I've just recently returned from a class-influenced break. I was wondering how long the Kru/Captain area is viable? Are there any faster alternatives at higher levels?

By recently returning, I mean I've been gone since before the 6-person party = 250% experience area I've been hearing about (though it does sounds rather awesome).

As a side note, my brother is returning with me (break for the same reason) and is currently level 97. Where should he be, and when should he head to Kru/Captains? His equipment is way better off than mine as he fell behind in levels due to a brief stint in merchanting.

All advice greatly appreciated!
    Head to Captains at 103-104, and stay until as late as 120 depending on your class.
    If you can find a good party you'd probably be better off around 117 at LHC.

So I just hit 81 and roids are OK but I figured I'd ask to see if there is a better place. So for 80-90 where could I train?
    Merlinclone 9x Priest - EkiNaito 8x Dragon Knight - MentoreMagia 6x Battle Mage

I'm wondering if Ellin Forest is any good training at any point? The monsters there were buffed significantly (now in the 75~85 range), which is weird because the local PQ remains a considerably lower level than the monsters. o_o

The reason I would like to know this is because I love this area and the music, and the background story is nice. I could probably grind here for a long time without any lack of interest.
    Last edited by Aeca; 14th July 2011 at 09:54 AM.
    Inactive (as of 2011-08-28 YMD)
    W i n g

For if I had Wings, I would surely fall.
    Aecarus ◦ Lv70 Ranger ◦ Chaos
    Lv7 Herbalism ◦ Lv5 Alchemy
    Aecarus the Azure Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Aeca View Post
    I'm wondering if Ellin Forest is any good training at any point? The monsters there were buffed significantly (now in the 75~85 range), which is weird because the local PQ remains a considerably lower level than the monsters. o_o

The reason I would like to know this is because I love this area and the music, and the background story is nice. I could probably grind here for a long time without any lack of interest.
    This area is about to become a party play zone like LHC its good exp from what i've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishopz View Post
    This area is about to become a party play zone like LHC its good exp from what i've seen.
    What do you mean by this? Are they changing it again, perhaps to semi-boss mobs like LHC?

Also, I'd like to re-emphasize merlinclone's question which preceded mine, so it doesn't go unanswered:

Quote Originally Posted by merlinclone View Post
    So I just hit 81 and roids are OK but I figured I'd ask to see if there is a better place. So for 80-90 where could I train?
    Inactive (as of 2011-08-28 YMD)
    W i n g

For if I had Wings, I would surely fall.
    Aecarus ◦ Lv70 Ranger ◦ Chaos
    Lv7 Herbalism ◦ Lv5 Alchemy
    Aecarus the Azure Phoenix

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by merlinclone View Post

That early on it's probably still best to stay at Roids/Neo-Huroids, but you can move to MP3 much earlier post-Chaos.
    I tend to prefer Magatia mobs though, mainly because I have never had a problem with KSers there. It looks like you're in Scania, so getting a secure MP3 channel is probably going to be difficult.

Spoiler!