Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fighter Class vs Page Class

Icon1 Fighter Class vs Page Class

Hi,

I made a warrior, but I'm not sure which to choose between a Fighter and a Page. I was wondering between these two classes, which is easier to level/train and easy to level/train unfunded? I want to go with a Fighter > Crusader > Hero, because of Rage/Enrage and their excessively high damage (which will mean faster kills), but I heard that Paladins have high defense don't take much damage which makes them pretty cheap to play with (plus, versatility in third job due to elemental skills).

PS: I didn't talk about spearman here, because I know they're very expensive to play with, but if you feel they're cheaper and better perfomers than the above, prove me why.

There's no difference between a Fighter and a Page. You should base your decision on 3rd class and higher.

If you like the high damage output, then go for Crusader. If you want element versatility, then go with White Knight.
    by Cryopon

Combat Orders. 'nuff said.

No really, White Knights can sort of max every skill in their 3rd job skill book because of CO, which is nice, and CO is also awesome. Fighters aren't really better at anything more than bigger numbers. All warrior classes are pretty cheap-ish in general, so you should be fine price-wise.

If you're playing GMS, spearmen would be cheaper due to the massive availability of Purple Surfboards, and the fact that they don't need attack shields to reach their potential. However, for some reason, they've completely lost out to the other two warriors in 1v1 scenarios, unless that mob/boss is elementally strong. Mobbing wise, they outdo Paladins on 6 if the mobs aren't elementally weak.

In second job, Fighters would be very slightly faster due to Rage, assuming equal equips. The difference is negligible, unless you're already pumping out %strength equips at that stage.

In third job, Crusaders traditionally train faster but take more (much more) damage. I take 1 damage from the Lower Clocktower mobs up to Vikings, with a range of 6k max (range is closely linked with defence). That's quite a low range. I've yet to re-check it all, seeing Charged Blow's massive damage buff during Ascension.

In fourth job, Heroes typically kill mobs of 1, 2 or 3 faster than Paladins. However, a Paladin maxes its core attacking skills by at least 137, at most 147 (if you account for HH, which is used with low funding). A Hero maxes its core attacking skills by about 160 or 170.

Funding wise, they would be relatively equal, with Heroes costing slightly more because of pot costs. I'd say that's rather unimportant.
    For an unfunded person, the amount of mesos you have shouldn't impact too much on which class trains faster. Funding is more for bossing and fourth job training, which is pretty similar to bossing anyway.

Having recently leveled a Crusader to 90, they are pretty great on 1 to 3 targets, but Dragon Knights absolutely destroy you on larger mobbing(DAMN YOU LEX), they probably level a lot faster. On Bellocan they're both very, very cheap classes to play in terms of equipment, some spears/polearms might be a bit expensive though.

Heroes are decent 1v4 mobbers and the kings of 1v1.
    Butts.

213 181 178 166 165 164 162 152 147 135 134 130 125 123 123 120 120 104 100 100

Quote Originally Posted by FailFTW View Post
    Heroes are decent 1v4 mobbers and the kings of 1v1.
    Heroes yes, Crusaders are 1v3, both get blown away by DrKs though.

Hero is a fantastic class that I've wanted to play for a long time. You should not base your choice on solely cost of the class, You won't be 'poor' forever. And unless you're a min/maxer you're not going to spend an excessive amount of money pre 4th job. I went 1-92 on a DK in 4 days and spent roughly 2m tops. nothing is expensive until 4th job, unless you're rushing through the game.

However Heroes do have some books that are fairly expensive, and that might hold you back in 4th job. But if you look at it that way, every class has at least one fairly expensive book to pass. (Not counting MW.)

Also on the topic of 1h swords. They're not necessary unless you're a paladin, in which you gain bonuses for using a shield. Heroes do NOT need an attack shield and 1 handed sword. They're better, yes, but it's not unplayable with a 2h sword. Even then a 1h sword and shield without an attack shield is still playable, it's weaker, but if you want to do it do it. You'll be training on the same monsters from 120-200 anyway, and if you can kill them at 120, you can kill them at 200.

The selling point for 1h+shield on heroes is the fact that most 1h's are faster than most 2h's, and a shield can provide more potentials.
    But for unfunded heroes they are probably better off using a 2h as a decent atk shield can get very expensive.

@Bathis, unless the DrK is using a PSB, a hero will be faster.
    Butts.

213 181 178 166 165 164 162 152 147 135 134 130 125 123 123 120 120 104 100 100

Go fighter if you want more damage, go page if you want the pesudo-godmode :x
    「僕たちの前にはいまだ巨大すぎる人生が、茫漠とした時間がどうしようもなく横たわっていた。 」
    "We live in a very special time: the only time where we can observationally verify that we live at a very special time." -Lawrence Krauss