Page 3 of 83 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Sports thread

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyxdude
    completely predictable? who could have predicted this start to the season? And are you saying that there are no nba players that play because they love the game? And those things you mentioned only happened once. it's not like those things will happen on a consistent basis. (especially with the "no-tolerance" policy in effect right now >_>). It's basketball. A very emotional and dramatizing game. Tempers will tend to fly occasionally. The gun thing was probably uncalled for though ...
    by completely predictable i mean the playoffs. I guess I have to agree that there is just as much scandal in college basketball. Like Ohio st. paying players and Bobby Knight flinging chairs and just yesterday slapping one his players (it wasn't a very hard slap). Also, the Duke Lacrosse scandal just a while ago. I guess i can think of just as many scandals in pro as in college. Also, krnboy is right let's try not to make this an arguement.

Quote Originally Posted by Citrus
    completely predictable? who could have predicted this start to the season? And are you saying that there are no nba players that play because they love the game? And those things you mentioned only happened once. it's not like those things will happen on a consistent basis. (especially with the "no-tolerance" policy in effect right now >_>). It's basketball. A very emotional and dramatizing game. Tempers will tend to fly occasionally. The gun thing was probably uncalled for though ...
    by completely predictable i mean the playoffs. I guess I have to agree that there is just as much scandal in college basketball. Like Ohio st. paying players and Bobby Knight flinging chairs and just yesterday slapping one his players (it wasn't a very hard slap). Also, the Duke Lacrosse scandal just a while ago. I guess i can think of just as many scandals in pro as in college. Also, krnboy is right let's try not to make this an arguement.
    indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by krnboy1009
    Quote Originally Posted by Citrus
    indeed.
    how boring :(
    Spoiler!

It's a sport thread. I don't think you can stop the debating. :lol:

$10 on Brett Farve going another season. I think he's gonna be one of those guys, stays in the game way past his prime. Like Holyfield in Boxing. :shock:

Thanks Allysiana for the sig. Thanks ElderDragon for the avatar.

Whenever I'm caught between two evils, I take the one I've never tried

Good judgment comes from experience. Unfortunately, the experience usually comes from bad judgment

Quote Originally Posted by whendoom
    It's a sport thread. I don't think you can stop the debating. :lol:

$10 on Brett Farve going another season. I think he's gonna be one of those guys, stays in the game way past his prime. Like Holyfield in Boxing. :shock:
    yea, but boxing is corrupted these days.

speaking of boxing...did you guys hear about the big fight on cinco de mayo?

Oscar de la Hoya vs. Floyd Mayweather jr.

Oscar de la Hoya says he will retire after the fight, but he's only 29 so i seriously doubt that. I'm a Green Bay Packer fan and what you said about him playing way past his prime has already happened. He will still pass Dann Marino....which brings me to my question:

Would you rather have Peyton Manning or Tom Brady?

After I hear your answers I'll give mine :?

Think the Oscar retiring might be a publicity stunt. he hasn't impress me in awhile now cuz his boxing style seemed to have taken a change for the worst; more winning on points than pure dominanation. ehh, overall might be entertaining. :roll:

Anyway, i would go with Brady. He seems to be able to handle the pressure better. The seasonal rotation of the offensive line shows his adaptablity.

Thanks Allysiana for the sig. Thanks ElderDragon for the avatar.

Whenever I'm caught between two evils, I take the one I've never tried

Good judgment comes from experience. Unfortunately, the experience usually comes from bad judgment

Yeah, I would go with Brady as well just because it seems like he is much better in the post-season. He has 3 superbowls and Peyton Manning doesn't have any. Manning may have better stats and will definitely go on to set many records, but it won't be as significant if he never wins the superbowl.

Question: Will Brett Favre[409] pass Dan Marino[420] in TD passes?

Sorry for the double post, but this needs to get bumped up.
    DOESN'T ANYONE HAVE ANYTHING TO SAY ABOUT SPORTS?! I'LL ANSWER TO ANYTHING YOU SAY....ANY SPORT!

Mushmom

LETS GO MAVERICKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol im watching them right now on tv.

sucks that Howard is hurt :(
    ---------------scania------------------
    Noburoku-lvl 81 WK