Page 102 of 240 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 2398

Thread: *New/Improved* Where should I train?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CountessZero View Post
    Oh you big girl :P

I'm going when this comes out, I don't care if I die a few times.

*note to self: go at beginning of levels*
    I'm a big girl ? You're a big.......guy ?

Get a priest there and door. :D

Thanks Allysiana for the sig. Thanks ElderDragon for the avatar.

Whenever I'm caught between two evils, I take the one I've never tried

Good judgment comes from experience. Unfortunately, the experience usually comes from bad judgment

At 75 you guys suggested Death Teddies using Ice Strike. I also read elsewhere something about Captains or Kru at that same level because of the spawn? Any specific suggested maps are very appreciated.

Edit: I just looked them all up on HS, and I just don't see how Kru or Captains would be a good switch from Voodoos/Hoodoos. With 6.8k HP and 335 exp, do you think the spawn of the other two will make up for the difference?

Also, YIKES @ Death Teddies' HP. I can't imagine how many hits those will take me to take down. I wish I weren't so lazy and could time and compute and figure out the 'best' spot... or maybe it's just best to go with what 'feels' best, since it is a game?
    I am perma warned!

Captains and Kru may be okay at 75 as they do spawn en masse. However, the hp to xp ratio is downright sucky (especially compared to voodoos/hoodoos).

Death Teddy hp and damage may seem daunting, but after you get there and learn the map, you should be able to get at least 20% an hour there for quite a few levels. Keep in mind you're not just killing one at a time, you're taking our 3 or 4 (general case) and sometimes up to 6 at a time (if you massed the bottom or got a platform that has hogged the spawn). There's tons of sniping spots on the map where you can hit all the dts on a platform once, move to the snipe spot, and kill them completely out of harm's range (until your IS has gotten enough range to handle most of the platforms from a single spot).

Though I have no idea how much damage you do, you can generally hit up to 4 death teddies at once on that map. Let's say it takes you 20 hits to kill them.

4 * 1300 = 5200
    5200 / 20 = 260 xp/hit

If you can get 6 at a time, that jumps up to 390 xp/hit. And the number of hits it will take you to kill them will keep going down each time you level and pump IS/amp, so the xp/hit ratio will go up (though a bit slowly at first=p).

Hoodoos/voodoos may actually be better xp now than dts at your level, but at some point, dts should trump them.
    :: Araneu : 168 Bishop :: Kiensten : 132 Paladin ::

DTs mobbing is quicker exp, but it'll burn a hole in your wallet. The Kru training is a little more cost effective but slightly slower. How many hit does it take you to finish a Kru or DT? I think I remember 15 to 16 shots for a DT back in my 7X days, but I was way overpower by the time Kru's came out.

Thanks Allysiana for the sig. Thanks ElderDragon for the avatar.

Whenever I'm caught between two evils, I take the one I've never tried

Good judgment comes from experience. Unfortunately, the experience usually comes from bad judgment

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Raen View Post
    I also read elsewhere something about Captains or Kru at that same level because of the spawn? A
    Are those the red-nosed pirates in herb town ?

Always the Bridesmaid... bulmabriefs144's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by whendoom View Post
    DTs mobbing is quicker exp, but it'll burn a hole in your wallet. The Kru training is a little more cost effective but slightly slower. How many hit does it take you to finish a Kru or DT? I think I remember 15 to 16 shots for a DT back in my 7X days, but I was way overpower by the time Kru's came out.
    Kru training is only effective if you have an ice mage clearing the screen at high speed (or are that ice mage). The Krus don't have that high hp, but their magic defense and particularly their resistance to holy damage make them a pain until SR gets stronger. As it is, it took me several hours to beat the Kru quest. It took around the same time to get 100 of mysterious powders, and this was a rare item.

Hoodoos/Voodoos and DTs (heck even MDTs) are better exp pretty much than Krus. Krus take me like 8 hits each, and due to the bad range of SR, create a real training problem. I found that NLC the griffons are better training, so long as the area stays uncrowded. Especially since enemies from all around the screen cluster at one central spot, making it simple to just SR 20 enemies. That and the low hp means by that equation 220 exp/roughly 2-3 hits (gryphon) versus 282 exp/roughly 10 hits (captain) a much better investment. That said, if you KS my map in Windia, you shall know my wrath.

The only thing I know is that I trained at Parking Lot from level 64 to 80. But it's not out in Global yet, so can't help you there.
    Randland Parody
    Stupid cow. Stupid, stupid, stupid cow.

The faces of Hidden-Street, through the years

Quote Originally Posted by ElderDragon View Post
    Are those the red-nosed pirates in herb town ?
    Yes

Umm Kru and Captain can be good for an i/l mage at level 75ish because you are constantly hitting 4-6 mob at once, and this is continuous. This is also excluding partying with someone to increase the spawn.

Say No To Hunger http://www.freerice.com/index.php
    I am like a magnet, except I attract non-metallic idiots.

Where should a Level 31 Fizard Train?