Page 2 of 240 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: *New/Improved* Where should I train?

Banned

A new and possibly better spot for lighting mages at lvl 40-50 is retz in helios tower (specifically the 99th floor).

Retz give only 2 less exp than lorangs, have 550 hp less, and spawn faster/closer in the tower. I just stood on the central platform and zapped them, then I'd tele down to the lower platform (closer to the elevator) zap the 6-10 retz that spawned there, and go back up.

The reason I like it better than lorangs is because I use a lot less pots. At florina I had to go after the lorangs (wasting time) and got hit a lot, in helios I just stand and zap. I've also seen people lvl 50 and 60 there.

Also, a good farming spot, in case lighting first mages are low on money, is stirges (I don't know if someone said this already) or kitties. Going there for an hour or two easily equilibrates or surpasses the money you used on training.

On a side note, the chrono family should be added as possible training spot for clerics. At around lvl 43-45 a cleric could easily go to chronos or platoon chronos and they drop mage shields (mystic/esther) or tobis. Master chronos are a good alternative to wraiths at lvl 50, they give only 5 less exp, have 200 less hp, and they have much better drops (tobis, cromi, calas, golden mole, and 10% staff magic attack scrolls).

The maps for chronos are also a little better than the wraith ones, not nearly as spread out horizontally, plus foot traffic is not nearly as high (less people ksing or claiming spots).

Cleric/Priest:

30-40: Wild Boars, Horned Mushrooms, Undead Mushrooms, Bears in Ludi if you get bored. The whole point of these levels is to get your heal to an acceptable level so you can move on to heal-weak monsters.

40-50: Heal should be maxed, so you can start the long, grueling process of blowing up heal weak monsters. Zombie Lupins, Chronos, Platoon Chronos, Jr. Wraiths are good. Use Platoons if you're short on cash (60% glove attack and esther shields)

50-60: Zombie Lupins are still good xp, as are Platoons. You can move up to big Wraiths in the subway (though I never really trained here because of all the hackers before) or Master Chronos. You can go to Zombies as early as 50, but don't. You'll get run out of your map and you've got a LONG run of Zombies ahead of you. Put off going there as long as possible.

60-70: Zombies. Lots and lots of Zombies. If you get bored of Zombies, Master Chronos, Wraiths, and Zombie Lupins are still possibilities. As you near 70, you can also try Soul Teddies as a change of pace, but Zombies are still faster overall.

70-80: You guessed it: more Zombies (at least for the early 70s). Soul Teddies in Ludi can be a nice change of pace, and, as your HS develops, Platoon/Master chronos parties aren't all that bad (you should be 1-2 hitting them with heal now, so you'll slaughter them fast -- just make sure the person(s) you party with can do the same -- I preferred high 60 bowman/xbowman for their nice AOEs). Around the mid-late 70s, if you throw a few points in Elemental Resistance and can withstand a hit at Death Teddies without magic guard on, you can get better xp there than from zombies (just beware of lag).
    :: Araneu : 168 Bishop :: Kiensten : 132 Paladin ::

Slime

Ice/lightning Wizard's can train on DSG's starting at 45. Even at 65 they're a decent place to go if red drakes are full. You can also repeat the 999 Curse Eyes quest while there for a bit of free xp.
    Windia
    Ispechal - 12x I/L Wizard (3rd job - 12/23/06 7:30 am; 4th job - 3/30/10 12:00 am)
    Yes, I'm slow.

MSEA PLAYERS:lvl 28-38 Crows are a must go to. 60 exp with 400 hp.

Lvl 40-50+, ice wizards get thyselves to Omega Sector and go nuts.

It's quiet, good exp and you can get the orange calas and dark pennance from drops there.

Takes the strain off kitties and Florina beach :D
    This is a signature. Hurrah.

Banned

I agree with omega sector, you can shoot down all the purple octo's in space suits (flying grays start falling when frozen :D). It's not the best exp, but I find a lot more fun after frying retz for 10-ish lvls.

As soon as the new "jipangu" lvls come with the nightfox and cloudfox, that'll be a really nice place to train - everything there is weak to ice or lightning.

On a different note, I took my friend's lvl 50 fire mage to buffys and it killed them pretty fast for about average exp, could that be a new place to train ? Probably only lvl 50-55, if anything.

zombie lupins for lvl 45+ ice wizards are surprisingly good exp. Ditto wraiths, ticktocks and master robo.

priest:

50-70 if you dont like coolies cause the wait and people there just isnt worth it then go to wraiths.

70-80 if you are party then DT and MDT. solo i recommned soul bears and mast soul bears. but you can go viceversa if you wanted to just as easily.

Banned

I'm sure anyone with maxed ice, as long as it hits, can kill 1 cerebes, it'd just take a while and during that time another will spawn and kill you.

I also agree with robos in general as a nice training spot for lvl 45 ice mages. There's a nice factory map (if you go to the 3rd floor down and then all the way to the right) with a huge spawn of tobos, which are nice kill for ice mages.

Lightning mages need to expand their training beyond Florina beach (I just had an argument with one on my buddy list who refuses to consider anywhere apart from Florina as a training spot).

And I have to say, jr yetis are rather fun at about lvl 52. And I don't have max light yet. It takes about 4 hits to kill them but there's plenty of mobs. I took along a fire wiz just incase of panic but generally they're pretty good.

Also ice wizards lvl 50+, I don't know if there's a map with just them on, but I was recommended hectors as a good spot after lvl 55. This by a lvl 100+ ice mage who I met on the Orbis boat. She said she trained on hectors with a bowman friend and said that after lvl 55 they're about 3-hit kills.

She also said after lvl 80, dark yetis, the brown werewolf things and dark yeti n pepe are good for ice wizzes. Before lvl 70 she said she struggled with them but if you've got a spearman with you, so she said, abuse their HB.

Tips from the top ^^