Page 5 of 240 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: *New/Improved* Where should I train?

><

It's offical, 55 - 60 ice wiz training SUCKS.

I'm at 56 right now, can't effectively handle red drakes, have been haxored out of the kitty gardens, florina beach is either hacker central or nobody's willing to share a map, nobody wants me in a zombie party (thanks all my cleric friends who are in one and said 'no' when I asked if I could join, I hate you all right now), so I'm training solo on wraiths with my lightning or hanging around DSG's with a cleric friend.

Both suck. Big time. Hectors are hacked, white pangs are useless unless I have my fire wiz friend with me.

HELP. Today I have mostly been on plateons with my lightning. Easy kills, fairly good money (and a decent elixir haul), but BORING AS EFF.

Suggestions? I'm dyin' here x.x
    This is a signature. Hurrah.

Quote Originally Posted by CountessZero
    ><

I'm at 56 right now, can't effectively handle red drakes, have been haxored out of the kitty gardens, florina beach is either hacker central or nobody's willing to share a map, nobody wants me in a zombie party (thanks all my cleric friends who are in one and said 'no' when I asked if I could join, I hate you all right now), so I'm training solo on wraiths with my lightning or hanging around DSG's with a cleric friend.

Both suck. Big time. Hectors are hacked, white pangs are useless unless I have my fire wiz friend with me.

HELP. Today I have mostly been on plateons with my lightning. Easy kills, fairly good money (and a decent elixir haul), but BORING AS EFF.

eek, i say stick with wraiths and try to make a push to 6x, it gets much easier there at around 6x

either that or zombie lupins x-x

Lucida

Zombie Lupins, Chronos family. go to Cleric spots. sure to be boring as ****, but hey, you still have a training spot!
    Finally back at Maple. It's been so long...but absence didn't make the heart grow fonder.

><

big kittys all the way homie.
    or, if ur in scania, train with me at DHG, or at evil eyes ^__^
    my siggy isnt working =(

Stickied! ;)
    Bera:

Blueness - Level 57 Fire Wizard (active)
    OutOfTheBlue - Level 41 Crossbow(wo)man (somewhat active)
    BlueAssassin - Level 37 Assassin (somewhat active)
    Emily - Level 31 Spearman (somewhat active)

Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post
    I honestly think its an edit
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheez View Post
    your mom is an edit.

Beginner

Default Fire Mages Alt suggestion

Generally, I agree with most of the training areas with a small suggestion.

60-75: Pepe: At 60 it will take about 3-4 hits to kill. But You can do exchange quest with the drop which is quite good. (Gold Ore, potions). exp is 220 each.. So not too bad also.

(Presume you train Explosion first and follow by Mist)

75-85: Death Teddy: They are fire "friendly" and exp is good 1300 each. There are many safe spots on the map whereby you can stand and hit the monster and they can hit you. Furthermore, it drops your lvl 88 overall with good stats. I got about 7 overall with max Int+7.

85-94: Go Bonefish: Posion all the way and with a party of priest and ice, it will be easy. You posion should be 1/2 way there.. so exp is good. 2000 exp each.

95 - 105: Go to Shark. I know that sounds really scary.. But with a max Mist. You just have to posion and stay at one corner to wait for them to get cooked. You can find yourself saving mesos there too. I can farm about 500,000 mesos for 3 hours play and spend less than 100,000 mesos on pots. No need strong Magic Att. Just posion and good speed. So if you have whip, use it here. One shark exp is 3000 and 3100 (depends on whether what kind). With Mist max, just posion and once "cooked", 1 Claw and KO. Just have to remember one thing. DO NOT posion in towards the shark. Posion away from them.. so they will not attack you and still get posion in the end.

106- 120: well You can choose to be at shark or go to Dual Ghost pirates (DGP) now. I know DGP can go earlier, but at lvl 106, you will find it much easier to party and kill there. The experience is not good per monster as compare to the shark, but the spawn is GREAT. So party with a group of 5 persons with a priest with HS. You will find that the experience flies.. But it is quite heavy on pots. So best to go Shark to farm for mesos before coming here. Alt you can also train at Grims and Phanton Grims.. But just feel that thet are really heavy on pots and for Phantom Grims, it is hard to find Map.

Have fun....

Fmagbbkang - Aqulia Firemage lvl 114

Quote Originally Posted by I Am Hollywood
    Fire Mages.

Second Job
    30 - 35 Jr. Kitties
    35 - 40 Cold Eyes; cycling channels.
    40 - 50 Jr. Pepes
    50 - 57 Jr. Yetis - You can probably stay here until 60 for money and drops.
    57 - 70 Grupin/Pangs Parties. - I went straight to Grupins as soon as I could 2hko for a better EXP/Hour rate compared to Jr. Yetis.

Third Job
    70 - 72 Lycans and WW; cycling two channels at a time.
    72 - 88 Dual Pirate Ghosts
    88 - 99 Viking Parties and Grim Parties.
    99 - 114 Grims, VKPT, or SQPT.

With Ludi out you can probably find better EXP area for second job. But I didn't have those areas so where I went at those levels were the fastest EXP for me.

As I'm still 114, I'll probably be staying at Grims until 120. But I'm going to try Sharks out when I'm 115 to see how the EXP is when you're cycling 2 channels.

Banned

DT's at lvl 78-80 for me have been pretty nice exp, no lesss than 20% an hour so far. Along with that, they dropped my lvl glove and a phoenix wand (too bad I already bought and scrolled one :cry: ).

><

What I found to be good for the late 50's and early 60's was the flyeye cave (at aqua road). It's quite dangerous to get down there (have to pass all the squids, sharks, potentially gobies, but you can make it easily with magic gaurd), but you're safe when you get into the cave. You literally can stand in one spot (on the steps next to the pianus portal) and just cast lightning as they come to you. There's no where safe to rest, which is a downer, but it also motivates you to keep training. It became very hacked towards the end of my time there, but you can generally find a free channel.

EDIT: Also :

Someone asked about how to train at hot sands and got their thread locked saying the question should be asked here. I was curious too- I could never pull decent XP out of hot sands either. So is there some strategy I was missing? Just wondering...

-Maple Hiatus- Playing WoW at least until 4th job comes out

Frozenstein- 70 Mage on Altar of Storms.
    Look me up if you wanna play!

Banned

bigfuzzydoor: the general strategy to hot sands (or at least the one I used) was to move in a counter-clockwise pattern.

I start at the bottom right and go from there. At first, I considered hot sands a higher lvl version of lorangs, but the spawn is much slower :roll:

Quote Originally Posted by ElderDragon
    bigfuzzydoor: the general strategy to hot sands (or at least the one I used) was to move in a counter-clockwise pattern.

I start at the bottom right and go from there. At first, I considered hot sands a higher lvl version of lorangs, but the spawn is much slower :roll:
    Just and added note, If you want to train quickly there, you have to know and be able to hit all the portal spots on the map. Also, I think someone posted a guide on sw.net before that was pretty good. You can probably search for it there.