Page 1 of 240 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: *New/Improved* Where should I train?

Default *New/Improved* Where should I train?

Welcome to the new and improved Magician training sticky! The old one was getting out-of-date, and with the addition of new maps, etc., it needed to be redone. With the help of a few forum members, our sticky is now up-to-date!

I encourage all of you to post here, and not just read the first page and decide the information you need isn't here. The responses to your questions will no doubt be helpful to others as well. We wish for this information to all be kept in one place, and not in dozens of "Where should I train" threads. Such threads will most likely be locked.
    Bera:

Blueness - Level 57 Fire Wizard (active)
    OutOfTheBlue - Level 41 Crossbow(wo)man (somewhat active)
    BlueAssassin - Level 37 Assassin (somewhat active)
    Emily - Level 31 Spearman (somewhat active)

Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post
    I honestly think its an edit
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheez View Post
    your mom is an edit.

Drake

Fire Mages.

Second Job
    30 - 35 Jr. Kitties
    35 - 40 Cold Eyes; cycling channels.
    40 - 50 Jr. Pepes
    50 - 57 Jr. Yetis - You can probably stay here until 60 for money and drops.
    57 - 70 Grupin/Pangs Parties. - I went straight to Grupins as soon as I could 2hko for a better EXP/Hour rate compared to Jr. Yetis.

Third Job
    70 - 72 Lycans and WW; cycling two channels at a time.
    72 - 88 Dual Pirate Ghosts
    88 - 99 Viking Parties and Grim Parties.
    99 - 114 Grims, VKPT, or SQPT.

With Ludi out you can probably find better EXP area for second job. But I didn't have those areas so where I went at those levels were the fastest EXP for me.

As I'm still 114, I'll probably be staying at Grims until 120. But I'm going to try Sharks out when I'm 115 to see how the EXP is when you're cycling 2 channels.
    xDownstars - Lv12x
    Rapturex - Lv2x
    Entropik - lv4x

Lucida

Ice Mages

level 30-35: Wild Boars, Ant Tunnel, Crows*
    level 35-40: Fire Boars, Jr. Cellions/Lioners, Crows*
    level 40-45: Fire Boars, Jr. Cellions/Lioners
    level 45-50: Ludibrium PQ, Jr. Cellions/Lioners, Cloud Fox*, Flaming Raccoon*
    level 50-55: Jr. Cellions/Lioners, Cellions/Lioners, Copper Drakes, Drakes, Red Drakes, Lorangs (if you have max Thunderbolt), Stone Gollems, Dark Stone Gollems, Cloud Fox*, Flaming Raccoon*, Extra A/B/C*, Red Slime*
    level 55-60: Cellions/Lioners, Copper Drakes, Drake's Meal Table, Red Drakes, Lorangs, Clangs, Jr. Yetis, Wraiths, Dark Stone Gollems, Mix Gollems, Extra A/B/C*, Red Slime*
    level 60-75: Red Drakes, Hot Sands, Evil Eyes, Lorangs, Wraiths, Extra A/B/C*, Red Slime*
    level 75-80: Death Teddies, Red Drakes, Hot Sands, Leader A/B*, Red Slime*, Ghost*, Extra D*
    level 80-85: Death Teddies, Vikings, Bains
    level 85+: Vikings, Bains

that's all i can think of for now.
    Finally back at Maple. It's been so long...but absence didn't make the heart grow fonder.

Quote Originally Posted by I Am Hollywood
    Fire Mages.

Second Job
    30 - 35 Jr. Kitties
    40 - 50 Jr. Pepes Nependeaths (silly honey)
    57 - 70 Grupin/Pangs Parties. - pepe/hector parties. Find a warrior to clear the hectors and stay on the ledges killing pepes.
    Third Job
    70 - 72 Lycans and WW; cycling two channels at a time. Big Yetis
    74-~76 - assuming you go mist. Death teddys
    72 - 88 Dual Pirate Ghosts 76-80 - Master Death Teddys
    88 - 99 Viking Parties and Grim Parties. 80+ - Grims
    99 - 114 Grims, VKPT, or SQPT.

With Ludi out you can probably find better EXP area for second job. But I didn't have those areas so where I went at those levels were the fastest EXP for me.

As I'm still 114, I'll probably be staying at Grims until 120. But I'm going to try Sharks out when I'm 115 to see how the EXP is when you're cycling 2 channels.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Why Daos should never ever go away:
    Spoiler!

ice mages in 3rd job:

70-80: fire drakes still, there's also wraiths, coolies, DMT, hectors, as you get past 75, death teddies...

80-90: death teddies, bains, coolies, lvl 88 you can begin viking parties.

90-100: death teddies, bains, vikings, viking parties, squids, you can begin squid parties at lvl 92.

100-110: vikings, viking parties, gigantic vikings, squids, squid parties...

110-120: same as 100-110

120-130: same as above, you can add sharks at about this time as well.

currently lvl 132, these areas willl be the last training areas until a new area comes out...

Drake

Quote Originally Posted by I Am Hollywood
    Fire Mages.

Second Job
    30 - 35 Jr. Kitties
    40 - 50 Jr. Pepes
    57 - 70 Grupin/Pangs Parties. - I went straight to Grupins as soon as I could 2hko for a better EXP/Hour rate compared to Jr. Yetis.
    Yeah that works, but...

From level 30, until they can kill Jr. Grupin in 1 hit, Wild Boars are still the best option here. :/
    Once you can 1 hit Jr. Grupin, you should go there, but it's not a very good training spot, so you should try going to Jr. Wraiths as fast as possible.
    Another option are the Block Golems in the 8th floor of Eos Tower. Remember to cycle the channels though, even though they DO have a ery fast spawn rate.
    At around level 45 you'll be able to kill Jr. Pepe, so go do that. Although they have a VERY CRAP terrain and their spawn isn't that great for the EXP they give. You have to do a lot of rope-climbing in that map and it's usually crowded, which is why I think Jr. Wraiths might still be better since they only give 5 less EXP but you can kill a lot more Jr. Wraiths than you can Jr. Pepe.
    After that you it's either Cold Eyes or Grupins. If you still can't 2 hit Grupin consistently, you should stay at Cold Eyes until you can.

As for Jr. Yetis, I think they're horrible for EXP, even though they have a fast spawn. It's a shame, really, because the map is great. The problem is that if you are 2-hitting them, Jr. Wraiths or even Jr. Pepe give more EXP than them. And you'll be getting Cold Eyes before you can 1-hit Jr. Yetis (actually I think you'll be level 70 before you can do that, so yeah...)

Banned

Cleric

30-38: Horny Mushrooms and Zombie Mushrooms (SleepyWood)

38-42: Jr Wraiths (Kerning City)

42-50: Zombie Lupins (Hidden-Street, Forest of Eilleena)

50-58 Big Wraith (Kerning City)

58+ Coolie's

For the thirty ish levels, if you need money, you can train on Jr. Senitals for the raw meso drop, which is better than wild boar. Less exp than the wild boar though.

What about the few but till alive Poison training maps, I think I'm the only one left. There were about 2-3 more before. They either left our quit the pure poison path.
    PROBLEM SLEUTH COMICS:

Spoiler!

i would add ro i/l wizard from 63-70 zombie lupins
    65-70 coolies just becuase of the spawn

think everyone got everything else :O
    Mardia~OddPhive lvl 43 Brawler (Semi-Active)
    Mardia~MetalicPhive lvl 52 Bandit (Frozen)
    Scania~NenoPhive lvl 91 I/L MAGE (Frozen)
    Scania~SpellSword (SpeiLSword) lvl 40 STR Cleric (Frozen)