Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: BlueScreen?

Yep, and thats a very silly idea.
    Irc

FRAGZ: 3
    Honor kills: Waxxup

i only want to know where the prob is ;)

i deinstalled maple and cleaned all registry from the rootkit.
    After i reinstalled maple, but it still dont work...

You said to reinstall XP without format.
    If i reinstall XP i have to reinstall all Programs and thats very much :(

Its the last step i would do... there must be an easier solution...

From what the Bluescreen comes? Where is the Conflict? Whats wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceman2k
    You said to reinstall XP without format.
    If i reinstall XP i have to reinstall all Programs and thats very much :(

Nope, I can't remember the exact text of the choices you need but set it up on the exsiting patition, if it asks for a format then you've done it wrong. This is reinstall windows, but keep your programs and files there(assuming nothing goes wrong, in which case you should look at formating anyway).
    Irc

Quote Originally Posted by <SsP>
    scvhost.exe cannot be deleted it is only being closed/terminate as it comes back when windows is restarded.
    Actually, many programs use SVCHOST and it CAN be deleted. The most common one is found in C:\WINDOWS\System32.

Quote Originally Posted by <Jedisbar>
    Nope, I can't remember the exact text of the choices you need but set it up on the exsiting patition, if it asks for a format then you've done it wrong. This is reinstall windows, but keep your programs and files there(assuming nothing goes wrong, in which case you should look at formating anyway).
    Actually, you don't need partitions. Loading up the Windows disc and hitting Repair option will fix the Windows files/folders BUT keep your data and programs intact.

Quote Originally Posted by F50 NOS
    Actually, you don't need partitions. Loading up the Windows disc and hitting Repair option will fix the Windows files/folders BUT keep your data and programs intact.
    OK, but what files should i copy drom the CD?
    I have to do it manually, and i dont know what files?

Do you have a Windows 98 boot disk? If not, boot from CD by setting the options in your BIOS. If you have a boot disk, put it in and let the computer boot up. There should be a menu. Follow the steps.

I know.
    I started via CD and i get into the Repair-Cosole.
    But what to do there? What files should i copy back.

Quote Originally Posted by F50 NOS
    Quote Originally Posted by <Jedisbar>
    Install will overwrite everything, repair is manual
    Irc

You sure? I remember when you hit Repair, you it's auto. :shock: Oh well, if it's manual...copy your whole WINDOWS folder. I think...Not sure. I'll check that up for you.

Repair has an auto function but I've found that to be useless, install will do what repair is suppose to do pretty much every time.
    Irc