Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: *agonises*

Default *agonises*

Argh ><

So, I made a new magician and she's going to be a cleric.

Because of my basic hatred of all humanity but my friends, I forsee her being a mainly solo cleric, apart from when she is called upon to be a heal slave.

So...

I was looking at the element weakness guide and realised that there are a fair few monsters out there that are weak to holy magic, not just heal. I know, I know, 3rd job clerics get shining ray, it's great, blah blah.

I don't want to start the Holy Arrow debate again because I've already decided I'm going to put some points in it (maybe max it after heal and bless).

What I'm agonising over is what to sacrifice for it. Can I survive with just one point in teleport? And is invincible any use at level 5 or does it need maxing because I'll mainly be solo? In which case should I not put many points in bless?

Help. The big 3-oh is looming for my pretty little magician and I have no idea what to do about this HA thing.

And before you all flame, I repeat, I'm going to be mainly solo and I know that solo clerics tend to use HA a fair bit.

Thanks.
    This is a signature. Hurrah.

You can survive without tele. Although I advise you be a party cleric, cause it's better.
    I believe, therefor I'm insane.

Beginner

congradulations ^_^ I love solo clerics.

Anyways, YOU CAN sacrifice invincible. It's really not needed... really. HOMG HEAL!!!11!!!one!!11!

if you feel the need for more def, scroll your clothing for it. If you want to be interchangable between party AND solo, max bless, HA, heal, and MP eater. and the rest into invincible i guess. 1 into tele is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Torrisrox
    You can survive without tele. Although I advise you be a party cleric, cause it's better.
    are u insane?!

ive personly never had a cleric, i guess they cant telecast heal
    but me as a lighting mage...i would crash and burn with lvl 1 tele
    its used more often then i cast attacks.

see the reason why u usually wont get holy arrow is not cuz its not good, its becuase there is nothing that u can sacrifice for it that would make it worth it.

i say just leave it at lvl 11 :roll:
    Mardia~OddPhive lvl 43 Brawler (Semi-Active)
    Mardia~MetalicPhive lvl 52 Bandit (Frozen)
    Scania~NenoPhive lvl 91 I/L MAGE (Frozen)
    Scania~SpellSword (SpeiLSword) lvl 40 STR Cleric (Frozen)

Quote Originally Posted by DarkPhive
    Quote Originally Posted by Torrisrox
    are u insane?!

ive personly never had a cleric, i guess they cant telecast heal
    but me as a lighting mage...i would crash and burn with lvl 1 tele
    its used more often then i cast attacks.

see the reason why u usually wont get holy arrow is not cuz its not good, its becuase there is nothing that u can sacrifice for it that would make it worth it.

i say just leave it at lvl 11 :roll:
    I actually agree with Torris, clerics can live without heal. HA at level 11 is bad, it is just a waste of points, you'd rather put in in magic armour or something. A skill that costs 12 mp that is weaker than magic, you'll never use. Anyway, we can live without tele, maybe because we can't just attack, tele, heal all at the same time, you know what I mean? We are not insane, it is just a cleric thing I guess.

But countess, why are you getting bless if you are a soloer? Bless is not as useful as it is in a party. You don't need it really... But still, tele I would put on 1. But if you are so committed to tele because of your wizard, then just get rid of mp eater.

You hate humanity, except your friends? Am I your friend? =[

DON'T HATE ME!!! =[

Toi. Petite Fille Laide.
    http://www.winterrowd.com/maze.swf
    Come play, it's fun ^^^

Well if you're planning to get bless, you can get rid of all but 1 point into MP Eater.
    I feel so acknowledged now that I've seen 17 people quote me in their sig. And 4 unfortunately.

Hot girl here:
    Spoiler!

Banned

I'll tell you what I've said to everyone else.

Max everything but HA. It's a useless skill that will be replaced 3rd job with SR. Bless stays useful and your warriors friends will love it (amidst the healing salves).

And before anyone says anything, I don't care. Don't even try it chocobo, I don't care.

I hate HA and I refuse to admit it's useful ever. Partially because I know it's not and partially because.................

I'M THE ONLY REAL QUINCY OUT THERE AND I REFUSE TO LET ANYONE ELSE MOCK ME !!!!!

To all 3 people who watch bleach and got that, good job !

Why, why, WHY does everyone give the 'HA sucks' answer?

I worked out that if I was going to be a totally solo cleric, I'd just use invincible and HA. But of course I need heal because it's also useful to have for yourself not just for a party.

Party clerics can piss around with bless and whatnot. I party about once in a million years and once I get to priest, this really won't matter any more because holy symbol and whatever kinda take over. Bless therefore seems to be a bit redundant.

I think I've decided, max heal so those undead monsters can die in green shiny ways, max HA so the demon monsters can die in white flashy ways, and max invincible so the nasties don't kill me.

Any other points will probably be shunted around as I feel like it.

Hey, I'll be the world's first bless-less cleric. Hurrah.
    This is a signature. Hurrah.

Erm, I just planned for solo cleric too.. And I just put all MAXED except heal to 11 only, hey, im the only one who use heal, and of course magician got the lowest hp right? That is only my opinion. One more, I think HA is usefull if we fight single enemy. For SR, we can used for several enemy around us. So, what a waste of mp for SINGLE enemy? I know we can use double claw, but how about if we take advantage of undead/evil based monster?
    "I need to work on My Grammar"

~MapleSEA, Bootes~
    *AFTER 3 YEARS OF QUITING, MY ACCOUNT HAD BEEN HACK!*

~MapleSEA,Fornax~
    Nairfan - Magician - Lvl 16

Lucida

Bless is NOT redundant. By 3rd job, you get way more parties. And among the party members are Warriors. Warriors love Bless. 20 Accuracy kicks ass. Without Bless, many won't party. So as your level grows, the need for Bless grows as well.
    Finally back at Maple. It's been so long...but absence didn't make the heart grow fonder.