14. You may not vote on this poll
  • max Amp before thunder and train at squids

5 35.71%
  • max thunder beofer AMp and train at vikings

9 64.29%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SQUIDS or VIKINGS

Quote Originally Posted by --->RONALD<--- View Post
    but, dont u need to start the max amp to train at squids after Ice at low 80s?
    Nope went booster first because Amp doesn't justify the pot cost as of yet.

Thanks Allysiana for the sig. Thanks ElderDragon for the avatar.

Whenever I'm caught between two evils, I take the one I've never tried

Good judgment comes from experience. Unfortunately, the experience usually comes from bad judgment

Quote Originally Posted by whendoom View Post
    squid are better at low 80s. Assuming u max IS first, it takes about to same amount of hits to kill a viking. Squid gives more exp. They are easier to group and mob att. it does less magic damage. For some reason I lose mesos at viking, but gain mesos at squid (i'm not including drop just pure mesos). Just learn to swim slower and you'll be fine.
    Yeah I don't see how vikings are better for these reasons. I haven't tried either since I'm not high enough level yet, but it seems to me like squids are the obvious choice. I have a feeling that everyone just wants to do vikings because they want "teh l33t dmg tspear", or something along those lines.

Anyone with experience have another reason that vikings are better than squids?

EDIT: also, since squids have comparable HP to vikings, I don't see why it would be necessary to max amp if you're going for squids and not for vikings.

-Maple Hiatus- Playing WoW at least until 4th job comes out

Frozenstein- 70 Mage on Altar of Storms.
    Look me up if you wanna play!

Quote Originally Posted by --->RONALD<--- View Post
    um i hope ure picture isnt really u
    looks disturbing
    sorry, but it is

Quote Originally Posted by BigFuzzyDoor View Post
    Yeah I don't see how vikings are better for these reasons. I haven't tried either since I'm not high enough level yet, but it seems to me like squids are the obvious choice. I have a feeling that everyone just wants to do vikings because they want "teh l33t dmg tspear", or something along those lines.

Anyone with experience have another reason that vikings are better than squids?

EDIT: also, since squids have comparable HP to vikings, I don't see why it would be necessary to max amp if you're going for squids and not for vikings.

if im training at vikings, i might as well max thunder after IS, since vikings are weak to thunder
    and fer squids, squids arent weak to thunder, thats why it isnt necessary to max thunder fer squids, and u might as well max amp fer squids
    and a lot of mages that train at squids max amp before thunder
    if i go training at squids with thunder maxed before amp, my damages are gunna be so low compared to other mages training at squids, since they got amp and
    BERA - XR0N4LDX

Regardless of what other mages are doing, my point is that you'd be doing the same damage to monsters of comparable HP worth more XP that are more easily mobbed. T-spear might make a good finishing move at vikings, but I don't think it would greatly speed up your training. Of course if you prefer big numbers over [what I believe to be] faster training then by all means go ahead.

-Maple Hiatus- Playing WoW at least until 4th job comes out

Frozenstein- 70 Mage on Altar of Storms.
    Look me up if you wanna play!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BigFuzzyDoor View Post

Squids, unlike vikings, aren't weak to thunder spear, so you don't need it. Just like you said, you'll be mobbing, and amp increases the damage of IS. You gotta max something and at lvl 90 you'd probably go to gobys, where IS is still better, allowing you to max TS without worrying about the resulting low damage.

im still going with the viking build,
    i dont wanna wait til level 94 to see another new skill!
    BERA - XR0N4LDX

ok quick, i needa choose my path soon!
    BERA - XR0N4LDX

You pretty much decided in the previous post. You said you're going with the viking build. So, I'm assuming you're going vikings. :confused:

Thanks Allysiana for the sig. Thanks ElderDragon for the avatar.

Whenever I'm caught between two evils, I take the one I've never tried

Good judgment comes from experience. Unfortunately, the experience usually comes from bad judgment

lol now im changing my mind, amp or thunder?

ARHjkfskajdfasdf

me and my friends are planning to train at different places from ludi and aqua
    were gunna train at viks AND squids and gobies
    so
    is it ok if i max amp and still go to viks?
    cuz i wanna be rich too from ilbies
    BERA - XR0N4LDX