Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can ss

Slime

Default Can ss

I always tried to ss a maple moment.I press the scroll lock but instead of giving the ss,it brongs me bak to my desktop.why?

pyrofyr

Try Print Screen? Should also work just fine, and shouldn't give you this problem.

Slime

tried everything.still cant work.

pyrofyr

Do you use a firewall, and if you do, did you choose to block MS from checking Keys, etc?

What type of keyboard are you on? Maple was made for a standard 102 key US layout, if you have a different one, perhaps a europian or laptop, it could be having keys blocked. Try pressing printscrn then going into paint, paste it and save. Get better quality via paint anyway. (Remember to save it as a .PNG file not .BMP - no differance except .PNG is smaller and won't annoy anyone while they wait for it to load).
    Irc

FRAGZ: 3
    Honor kills: Waxxup

Quote Originally Posted by Jedisbar View Post
    What type of keyboard are you on? Maple was made for a standard 102 key US layout, if you have a different one, perhaps a europian or laptop, it could be having keys blocked. Try pressing printscrn then going into paint, paste it and save. Get better quality via paint anyway. (Remember to save it as a .PNG file not .BMP - no differance except .PNG is smaller and won't annoy anyone while they wait for it to load).
    Not to spilt hairs... but I was always told to save as JPG to decrease file size, and I just tested it and JPG is 8kb smaller than PNG... I mean I'm not trying to prove you wrong... maybe there is a major decrease in quality with JPG in comparison with PNG... I don't know..

Jpg is smaller but it bleends together horribly, png is much, much sharper. You know how red text appears in the item tool tip in maple screenies? you can attcually read it in a png.
    Irc

Banned

actually, it all depends on the quality of the JPG as well. in some cases you'll probably be able to lower the quality to a certain degree and read that text.

Cheez, are you just saying that to piss Jedisbar off? I've seen you bltching to and about him in the forums...

To an extent he's right, but it still gets blurry on a pixel level even at full quality, and since the text in maple is one pixel wide, it'll blend.
    Irc