Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: please help: Error 1335

Banned

Actually, it IS. Because I was asking people to prove something related to MAPLESTORY WORKING OR NOT. If you don't know what something's about, DON'T INTERFERE.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedisbar View Post
    Firewall will not affect it. At all. Anti virus might, but I find this all but impossible or it would affect all his installs. Give it a go anyway

miscexev I doubt will work - had a look at it and it doesn't list /register /unregister as valid switches.

The download link would work if its a legit copy on his machine, though I'd trust the cd more.

While file associations have nothing to do with it, they have everything to do with it. That's what's used to read the file. If its not being read properly it will result in an error. Try and open a mp3 with paint. That's what I'm talking about. This could very well be that problem.

Cheez, I would be very careful about how you go about posting. I'm sick of it, and so is everyone else. You have been wrong so often, and so badly to the extent I've had to delete your post on one occasion to save a someone from screwing their comp up, that you are simply not trustable. When you learn something other than what all users should know feel free to come back. Until then please stop parading around like your some kind of god.

Off topic: I belive it refers to something to do with street racing.
    Yeah. That's basically it. I don't think anti-virus is in the question because they don't really stop installations and things if you executed them. They just warn you. Kinda like a security system. If you let a burglar in, the security system will alert you but it won't automatically stop them unless there was a preset in the settings telling it to do so.

I haven't tried the executables so I won't say anything about it.

And I rather trust a hard-copy CD than Windows website cause they run a genuine check for installations that are optional.

Being to vague? How bout me saying pop the CD in the tray. Then I guess a regular guy would browse around or hit Search and search for the Data1.cab file. It doesn't take a computer whiz to figure and that out do it.

They don't have anything to do with being corrupt because Windows isn't a magic box?! Dude, you don't belong in the tech section because all you do is Google things and say stuff but you can't prove it. How bout this way. I have an easier way for you to understand it. I bust you up pretty bad. Beat you senseless. You wake up and you can't do routine stuff like lets say eat. CAN YOU DETECT THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG? MAYBE LIKE YOU'VE BEEN BEATEN UP SO MUCH YOU CAN'T EAT? Or maybe other people detect your new characteristics. Files can detect other files. The installation can detect if Data1.cab is corrupt cause it couldn't load it. THAT'S WHY MAYBE WE KNOW IT'S CORRUPT. If there wasn't something wrong, this wouldn't come up.

File associations have few to do with THIS, but it does have an effect. The .cab file is still a .cab file. The Installer is still a .exe file. Just that the Data1.cab is missing somethings. But Jedi had a great example even though it doesn't work in this case. Unless the Data1.cab maybe changed itself to Data1.OLD so the Installer can't read it, file associations play no role because there is still the Data1.cab and part of the the installer's job was to read that file.

Off topic: Jedi's right. It's something with Ferrari F50 and NOS. Search it at Holley.com/ Something I made up a long time ago but I've stuck to the tag ever since.

Default wow...

um... that's a lot of posts... well... my dad had to reinstall the whole windows thing kas it was bein a piece of crap... so i'll try it tonight and hopefully it'll work... if not then.... i guess i'm SOL... thx for everyones help!
    Pyrospiral lvl 44 mage - main
    XstarXbabyX - theif pack mule
    1337warbaby - warrior pack mule

Point

Reinstall/Reformatting the whole operating system should be able to get you to play MapleStory.

However, hope it'll work for you! :)

nope... it still doesn't work... so i don't know what to do now :(

You re-installed or repaired?

um... reinstalled... what do u do to repair it?

Nothing you need to know. If you re-installed, theoretically it should work. I dunno. Ask MS support.

*cries* :'(

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315346

Refer to that. I had the same exact problem, I used google and re downloaded using something called, Orbit Downloader. Google that too. Good luck!