Thread: Soloing Pirates

Sword Soloing Pirates

What would you do in this situation?

I'm a level 81 Crusader training in Ghost Pirates. I get a solid amount of exp; however, I lose about 500k every two hours. I noticed, though, that I knockback Pirates about 60%-70% of the time with all five orbs. Therefore, I'm trying to maintain a consistent amount of damage by keeping all five orbs and rarely using finishers. I figure using finishers ultimately lowers the chance of a knockback, and I've also noticed that if I knockback Pirates every time I can KO them without getting touched, I save pots. So in short, more knockbacks, no money loss.

Here's the dilemma, though. I only have three points in coma. Most saders get that first (after combo attack), but I went with panic, and still have only level 21 combo attack. So essentially would it be worth it to put skill points into coma now, so I can actually do decent damage with it and possibly stun? Or, should I pump up combo attack to 30 to get the increase in damage and increase my chance of knockbacks? At this rate, I'm losing money rapidly, and it's not like I need to buy anything, but once I'm out of money it's back to coolies and, well, after nearly 30 levels there I was really hoping I could say goodbye to that map.
    Broa: Exorgath 9x sader
    www.dragonheartman.com

When I was yr lvl I trained in Cold Field II/FoG.. rather than Pirates. It's always better to finish a monster in 2H-3Hs. *maybe lesser* I think it's better to max out yr combo first, then coma.. The problem with pirates is that u have to rely on yr luck to get drops, esle it will be pot burning. I guess maybe you should change map? What's yr attack range? Panic shouldn't be max too early. Would u rather be seeing more 10ks in muti mobs or 25k on a single mob, for example? More Combo, more powerful coma = Fast levelin. If possible get a priest..

Dammit, i have a level 80 crusader and i have almost the same build as you. The other guy that plays it wants me to put points into panic and combo right now if i level her...dammit. We only have like 1 coma...maybe 7 panic...and 20 something combo, not sure exactly.
    I'm happy

A guy that play gal char? :Roll eyes:

Well coma/panic are crap unless max combo.. that's where the fun kicks in.

Quote Originally Posted by K1 View Post
    When I was yr lvl I trained in Cold Field II/FoG.. rather than Pirates. It's always better to finish a monster in 2H-3Hs. *maybe lesser* I think it's better to max out yr combo first, then coma.. The problem with pirates is that u have to rely on yr luck to get drops, esle it will be pot burning. I guess maybe you should change map? What's yr attack range? Panic shouldn't be max too early. Would u rather be seeing more 10ks in muti mobs or 25k on a single mob, for example? More Combo, more powerful coma = Fast levelin. If possible get a priest..
    The reason why I like pirates, though, is they're one of the fewer high level monsters that don't do annoying range attacks like DT (provided you're in melee range). Cold Field II is a possibility--I'm not sure what FoG is... >_>

I don't exactly know my atk range, but I've got decent equips. 6atk wg, 103/5 HG (I believe; haven't logged in in about a month. >_<). Though now that I think about it, Coma damage would increase regardless if I increased combo.

I remember seeing a sader when I was 6x and he told me to max combo first. I guess I got so distracted and I forgot all about his advice, and I see why now.

Dammit, i have a level 80 crusader and i have almost the same build as you. The other guy that plays it wants me to put points into panic and combo right now if i level her...dammit. We only have like 1 coma...maybe 7 panic...and 20 something combo, not sure exactly.
    Yeah, and reading K1's post, I'm leaning towards combo attack.
    www.dragonheartman.com

FOG is Forest of Golem down in sleepwood dungeon. it's great exp. the swarm is insane. one drawback is the crowds, it's very hard to get a spot.

Thanks Allysiana for the sig. Thanks ElderDragon for the avatar.

Whenever I'm caught between two evils, I take the one I've never tried

Good judgment comes from experience. Unfortunately, the experience usually comes from bad judgment

Attack Range is like XXX - XXX .. check it out in the ability box, in the more info section.

Quote Originally Posted by whendoom View Post
    FOG is Forest of Golem down in sleepwood dungeon. it's great exp. the swarm is insane. one drawback is the crowds, it's very hard to get a spot.
    Thanks! I'll look into it.

Attack Range is like XXX - XXX .. check it out in the ability box, in the more info section
    Yeah I was just not on my compy with maple, but now I am. Anyway, my atk range is 1103-1939.
    www.dragonheartman.com

I did an extremely stupid thing - I have 11 in MP recovery *Sigh* and im nearly lvl 90!

Quote Originally Posted by FreeMe View Post
    I did an extremely stupid thing - I have 11 in MP recovery *Sigh* and im nearly lvl 90!
    Eh well one day it might be useful... but why did you do that? O_o
    www.dragonheartman.com