Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: General Thief/Bandit/Assassin FAQ [work in progress/revision]

Beginner

Word. Damn good guide...very organized and helpful!
    Wookiee Warriors!

I believe that as of Patch 0.35, the Shinkita & Booster problem has been fixed.

For the whole steal vs. endure thing would it be better if you maxed dark sight or disorder(which ever you didn't get) instead of steal or endure? I'm thinkinking that these 2 skills would more useful, unless steal does gives you a chance at getting more than one item. I've been hearing rumors lately that say that steal does give you a chance at anyother item, but I haven't heard anything convincing yet.
    "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."-Gandhi

My Pwnage Guide.

I don't know the current status of how Steal works because I haven't played Maple Story since this past October.

If it's where you still get the item you would have gotten if you would have killed it, then I would not recommend it.

If it's where you get an extra item (which includes anything in the drop list. Equips/Etc Items/Potions/etc etc etc) plus the one you get when you kill it, then I would recommend it.

Endure isn't a horrible skill, per say, but it's not a great one either. The passive Mana Regen is nice over time, but it's really small and you'll probably not even notice it.

If you opt to get Dark Sight and Disorder over both of these skills you aren't missing out on anything special, and getting both Dark Sight and Disorder as a Bandit wouldn't handicap you at all since they both have very solid results each time they're used.
    Hail Satan

pyrofyr

Steal is completely fixed, as in the Steal Item Queue is seperate from the Monster Drop Queue.

I had endure at lvl 3 and hated it personally, Dark Sight at lvl 20 is the most important thing a Bandit/Chief Bandit will ever have, you can beat anyone anywhere with it basically, and there are other pluses as well o.o;

Oh, that's good information to know.

It's bothersome not knowing if that's how it'll stay though since they've changed it multiple times.

Thanks, Pyro.
    Hail Satan

various disguises

I'd like to mention something about str dits. While they are inferior damage wise for a very long time, there comes a point at which the extra attack from the str daggers outweighs the loss of luk (because it's been added to str). That combined with the fact that str daggers are much more available than luk daggers should be taken into consideration when comparing luk dits and str dits.

If no one else posts calculations to prove this, I guess I'll do a comparison myself. Just too tired atm...
    Quote Originally Posted by supalime View Post
    Everyone is gay for SOG.

You'll have to post a comparison yourself.

The general consensus is that LUK Bandits do more damage, while STR Bandits are left behind.

If you're up for showing that STR Bandits are viable, and aren't as gimp as people say, then I wouldn't mind showing your comparison here.

Although, if you think it'll make a big deal amongst the community, or would contain a lot of information, I would prefer if you started a new topic about it that way I can just link to it here if I find it to be useful/helpful.
    Hail Satan

Quote Originally Posted by slightlyoddguy View Post
    I'd like to mention something about str dits. While they are inferior damage wise for a very long time, there comes a point at which the extra attack from the str daggers outweighs the loss of luk (because it's been added to str). That combined with the fact that str daggers are much more available than luk daggers should be taken into consideration when comparing luk dits and str dits.

If no one else posts calculations to prove this, I guess I'll do a comparison myself. Just too tired atm...
    They had a huge argument in Sleepywood about this. I mean sure STR dits do get extra stats from z.helm and they do have extra w.Atk difference is usually just 2-3. And now at lv90 are you willing to give up 50 AP to get that slight boost? When they release the lv100 and lv110 weapons STR bandits would look awesome compared to luk bandits.
    My Inactive Player List [Growing o.o]

Bellocan
    CB | xtcsOulz | Lv75
    FP | xtcsOuIz | Lv34

Windia
    Spearman | HyperKnights | Lv31

Bellocan
    CB | xtcsOulz | Lv75
    FP | xtcsOuIz | Lv34

various disguises

Quote Originally Posted by Azzasain View Post
    They had a huge argument in Sleepywood about this. I mean sure STR dits do get extra stats from z.helm and they do have extra w.Atk difference is usually just 2-3. And now at lv90 are you willing to give up 50 AP to get that slight boost? When they release the lv100 and lv110 weapons STR bandits would look awesome compared to luk bandits.
    Heh...I completely forgot about that post...

Anyways, it's a matter of whether or not that extra weapon attack is going to give you a bigger damage boost than the loss of luk. Because watk has such a huge effect later on (once you have loads of AP in luk), it's hard to say.

It's pretty sad how anyone can attempt to argue one way or another. We have the damage calculations, so all that's needed is to plug in the variables. Which, yet again, I am too tired to do...

And I should day that I'm not actually certain that they do become more powerful. I get the idea from calculations I've done between lower level dits (the damage difference isn't as huge as one might think).
    Quote Originally Posted by supalime View Post
    Everyone is gay for SOG.