Thread: 2nd MS book

Default 2nd MS book

is there a certain time it appears after every time you hit it? o_o
    global

broa
    sictransitx lvl 41 bandit (active)
    "Tampons are like losing your virginity to cotton."
    -Kristie

well ... there's a chance it will appear on the ship, and then from that, there's a chance that it will drop or not ...
    I don't think its dependent on how many times you break one open. It's all random
    Spoiler!

I didn't like that quest. I had to ride the stupid ship 10 + times cause other people would break the box and steal my book. Soon I had problems finding the money for ship. It was not fun. The other books weren't at all hard.

The best way to do this quest is:

Get the book in Grendel's library first - keep on CC'ing till it appears. Then hunt the one from Chronos. THEN budget for 20 boat rides (just in case) and try to get the boat on the emptier channels, usually 15 upwards. Stand basically on top of where the box will appear and as soon as you see it go for it. Equip a fast melee weapon for boat rides (as I'm a wizard I used my old fruit knife from my noob days) and don't go AFK.

Also look at what other levels are on the boat with you - generally people 40+ have done the quest and won't break your box. Also asking nicely for people not to break the box is a good tip. Most people are nice. Some aren't.
    This is a signature. Hurrah.

can anyone tell me the precise location of the box will appear...
    huhu..
    i wan the hat.. :(

Quote Originally Posted by Asip View Post
    can anyone tell me the precise location of the box will appear...
    huhu..
    i wan the hat.. :(
    it spawns in the cabin of the ship. like in the middle but kinda offset to the right. You should see it if it is there.
    Spoiler!

Banned

The problem is that the spawn time for the box is really, really, dumb. A little bit like the one in grendel's house, except you don't actually have a limited time to be on that flight. This quest would've been a lot easier back when the ride and wait times had pretty much been double.... I'm beginning to think that the shortened times are the reason nobody can ever see the box on the flight over.

Ziel

Quote Originally Posted by CountessZero View Post
    The best way to do this quest is:

Get the book in Grendel's library first - keep on CC'ing till it appears. Then hunt the one from Chronos. THEN budget for 20 boat rides (just in case) and try to get the boat on the emptier channels, usually 15 upwards. Stand basically on top of where the box will appear and as soon as you see it go for it. Equip a fast melee weapon for boat rides (as I'm a wizard I used my old fruit knife from my noob days) and don't go AFK.

Also look at what other levels are on the boat with you - generally people 40+ have done the quest and won't break your box. Also asking nicely for people not to break the box is a good tip. Most people are nice. Some aren't.
    Actually, I think the best way is to find the book at Grendels before heading to orbis. If it shows on the boat, grats. If not, by the end of the ride (I've seen it spawn midride), dump Grendel's book and repeat the next time you need to head to Orbis.

#3 spawns so often it's not worth heading over to get it without the other two.

Hee... For this quest, i online at people sleeping time... I get the book in 1st round to orbis. :rolleyes:
    ~No signature~ xP..

Jr. Necki

Quote Originally Posted by yummypoptarts View Post
    I didn't like that quest. I had to ride the stupid ship 10 + times cause other people would break the box and steal my book. Soon I had problems finding the money for ship. It was not fun. The other books weren't at all hard.
    It was the other way for me. I had just entered Grendel's place when I saw some level 15+ mage break a box on the left side of the map. I changed channels for a long time trying to find the box but it never showed up. I had gone through all 20 channels several times and a lot of time looking until I gave up. So I went to Orbis, got the second book on my first try, did a few quests, and when I got back, there was one waiting for me without even having to change channels.