Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Help Save Henesys Hunting Ground I!

Point Help Save Henesys Hunting Ground I!

I've noticed that Henesys hunting ground is crowded with hackers. I hate hackers and report one ever day. So why not help me? When I signed up Henesys used to be a nice hackeer-free place. Now all you see is monster vac and item vac every where. I want to start a hacker-reporting Guild. Who's with me? :D

Man... When I joined Maple there basically were no hackers. Now there's an insane amount. I'm pretty sure most people already report one a day, but for every one that gets stopped another little beginner starts. Wizet needs to try to find a way to patch the hacks if they want to fix it for good. (Which I realize isn't easy)

Mushmom

Hackers are sooooooooooooo annoying. Every time I play i report one. I wish I can report more than once a day. =(
    Bera
    EliteBows-Level 200 Bowmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Jayzilla View Post
    So how much exactly does it cost to join the guild. I'd like to join on my Aran.
    Quote Originally Posted by penguinzrock View Post
    Just your soul.

I'm with you, Kahogo. When I joined Maple, there was virtually no such thing as hacks. Then, it escalated, but hackers were still afraid. They wouldn't turn on their hacks in public, except for fly hack (which I haven't seen in a while, frankly)

Now, hackers have no fear. They turn on their hacks in crowded training places, they enter a map and start hacking in the middle, they don't care. They think that they won't get banned, and know that they can make another character just as fast as you can read that message saying your banned on the sign-in page.

It's unfortunate. It's sad seeing high level's vac hacking the monsters in HHG1 to a certain spot for the lower levels to kill. Is that what the new concept of "helping people" is now? Now, we don't train people, but we hack the monsters to a point for them to kill?!

The gMS community is in a steep decline in the "Kindness and Honesty" factor ever since Beta ended. Maybe people are right, American culture is the worst in the world. Who knows.

Slime

Hackers ruined the game.i with you no matter what.

Why are you at HHG1 In the first place? Horrible lag and very ksing.

Just dont train there.

I hate that map. but it seems to be the only fast spawning green/orange mushies spot in maple. It gets worse with the 999 quests these days.

But seriously I don't get why they even hack. To lvl faster - yeah but what's the fun of not doing it legitly. Yeah. lvling is slow but what's the point of joining an online game if you're going to let a bot plays it for you and you be running around doing whatever you're doing afk. Might as well not join any game and stay with what they have.

Beginner

Sword

It must be some noobie hackers who dont care about their accounts or not strong enough to kill tougher monsters.

Wizet needs to increase the report-per-day count more than 1 ( should be unlimited ) .

I found many hackers but couldnt report coz i already reported one. This sux !! :p

I dragged my ass to lvl 50 without hax and i am poor but happy :)

Beginner

Someone said it's hard to prevent hacking...

No it is not and it's not understandible why Wizet doesn't change the game code but changes GameGuard (which detects the presence of public Cheat Engines).

How do ppl hack? When you start the game, your Maple Client asks server for your abilities and gets them. After that it's the client on your machine that controlls your abilities - NOT THE SERVER! So, if you want to hack, your only job is to find and change memory entries Maple Client uses. If you're into programming, this is a piece of cake. Many cheaters aren't inot it, so they use public Cheat Engines. And what does Game Guard do then? Actually - nothing.

And now we get to the bottom of the story and believe it or not - it is all connected to GMs!

GM can log in as any other player, but when GM logs in, server passes his client GM abilities. Nifty, ha? So hacker's idea is to declare himself a GM. And he does that!

What are two "most wanted" GM powers all cheaters use?
    1. Godmode
    2. Ability to hit anything anywhere on the screen

How to stop this easily? Actually - with the bloody Client code. The code should be rewtitten in one of these:
    1. Any character with GM godmode has an attack which is always 0 (misses EVERYTHING). This should be coded in client's exe file.
    2. Any character with godmode should check his server status every 5 mins - if server's data shows it's not GM, then maple Client should block this account - PERMANENTLY. Again, this should be in client's exe file.
    3. Any character who has other GM powers (for example removed swearing filter) should be checked by Client's query to server - if server denies his GM status, the Client should block this account PERMANENTLY, and again this should be a part of Client's exe.

Now tell me why Wizet doesn't want to add one or each of these things to Maple Client? Remember - hackers CAN mess with the client exe file, however that is against every law on this planet and those who do that risk a jail.

GameGuard works for Wizet? What about the other games?