Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Modern Day I/L Mage SP Build - Skipping Cold Beam

Quote Originally Posted by DarkPhive View Post
    ooo looks like i missed out on this juicy topic eh?

well heres my breakdown,this is all my opinions formed thru experience...

i think, there are only 2 i/l builds that work well for 2nd job.
    first one is this
    30-1tele
    -40max ice
    -50max lighting
    -58mac medi
    -64max tele
    -70max MPeater
    and yay 1 slow xD

that is the build i followed, and yes some might argue that u should do medi after ice, but that is dumb in my opinion, because the only monster u should really train on as an i/l wiz using ice is kitties. becuase nothing untill zombies if u wish will give u any better exp then lighting, because after all it is a mob skill...

now if i was to make another i/l mage, this is the build i would follow becuase 1 its different from what ive already done and 2 it will be faster.

30-1tele
    -40max lit
    -48max medi
    -55max tele
    -61max MPeater
    -67max slow
    -11 point into CB i believe...

you see this is because there is no point in having CB for training after lvl 50.
    and it is only a question of which skill will serve you better?
    and this is IMO becuase some ppl will say that training at red drakes is good..*cough* HELL NO *cough* altho its good money if your lucky

i feel like im forgetting something...
    oh and CB is NOT useless in 3rd job
    like eefie said, its still good for about the first 25 lvls of it
    and thats alot of lvls trust me!
    in fact its probably the same ammount of time as 0-70
    or maybe its just me....
    besides atm i dont miss slow at all, i dont use TB to train and dont see myself using it in the future, now that i think of it, i dont really need TB either.

so why dont we just not have claw and add magic armour?
    I would like to see someone do that, make it up to 2nd jobe with only 1 bolt. o.O
    I used to be Assassin444 but I tried to change my e-mail and it crashed.

I have nx now so I will be updating with my new hair soon....*too lazy*

Oh and BTW

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Sigmund Freud View Post
    I would like to see someone do that, make it up to 2nd jobe with only 1 bolt. o.O
    haha funny u say that
    becuase i already did that :)

proof:

not exactly what u ment i know
    but it still counts :D
    Mardia~OddPhive lvl 43 Brawler (Semi-Active)
    Mardia~MetalicPhive lvl 52 Bandit (Frozen)
    Scania~NenoPhive lvl 91 I/L MAGE (Frozen)
    Scania~SpellSword (SpeiLSword) lvl 40 STR Cleric (Frozen)

haha funny u say that
    becuase i already did that :)

proof:

not exactly what u ment i know
    but it still counts :D
    STR mage not withstanding...actually I just made one of those...won't be a cleric though.

Oh and BTW

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Sigmund Freud View Post
    STR mage not withstanding...actually I just made one of those...won't be a cleric though.
    what do u mean wont be a cleric
    you do realize that with no INT you have no magic accuracy...if u were planning to make a poison STR wiz
    unless monsters get poisoned no matter if u miss or dont miss, which i doubt...
    +wizard skills are very useless for a STR mage, i mean the attacks are useless, the medi is also useless. MP eater is useless becuase u dont attack with magic to allow it to be used, tele and slow sre the only usefull skills
    however clerics also have tele
    and you exchange slow for
    1.bless
    2.invincible
    3.heal (even tho its not that great)

i think its a fair trade....

Lol, Anthony, GodsPriest is level 82 and now I'm banned for two weeks.

Wizet is so awesome.

Cold Beam isn't as useful during even the beginning parts of 3rd job. It sucks. In my experience, if you try to kill a Death Teddy with with Cold Beam, you're a retard. I mean it. The only reason why an Ice Mage finds himself at Death Teddies is the mobs; if you kill one monster at a time it'll be slower than Red Drakes.

And Red Drakes freaking suck in the mid-70's.

So if you find a lone one, skip it. If there's a straggler, finish it with Ice Strike. It wont even take that much longer, not long enough to justify 30 Sp. You can freeze with 11 Sp in it.

And at Vikings in the 8x levels, I really didn't find any area that I would use it. Maybe to freeze when I was stuck between two monsters at the bottom, but I soon realized that the left-side miss glitch is way more exploitable than I originally thought it was.

On the other hand, I found a ton of areas where I could use lightning safely... it was so freaking cool to zap Vikings. I love the top half of that map.

The only thing I would max it for is Zombies high-60's to mid-70's. That's its only redeeming point. I seriously would have quit were it not for Zombies with Cold Beam. That's why I don't regret it at all. And it comes in handy at Squids, too. A little bit. But it's the same as DTs in that you shouldn't really be killing with CB.

:|

Anywho, what's up?

When are you off your ban?

I'm stuck with it until March 7th.

what do u mean wont be a cleric
    you do realize that with no INT you have no magic accuracy...if u were planning to make a poison STR wiz
    unless monsters get poisoned no matter if u miss or dont miss, which i doubt...
    +wizard skills are very useless for a STR mage, i mean the attacks are useless, the medi is also useless. MP eater is useless becuase u dont attack with magic to allow it to be used, tele and slow sre the only usefull skills
    however clerics also have tele
    and you exchange slow for
    1.bless
    2.invincible
    3.heal (even tho its not that great)

i think its a fair trade....
    I don't know, Hyperhal mad a fairly good STR Poison Mage. *contemplating cleric on the backburner still...but I don't think I will*

Oh and BTW

Lucida

Quote Originally Posted by whendoom View Post
    The overall con in my opinion is the pot cost. you're constantly mobbed. since lightning damage is weak; you'll be spamming pots like no tomorrow. Lightning is the better choice if you're funded.
    Pot cost can be covered over by farming. Not the most fun thing to do, but at least you get to see the faces of those level 30 stragglers at kitties going 'OHMIGOD hE HAXXOR!!!' when you own 6 kitties in 1-2 hits.

From what I know, Compo replaces CB. Can some experienced mage tell us if CB is totally obselete by then, or does it still have uses after you max Compo?
    Finally back at Maple. It's been so long...but absence didn't make the heart grow fonder.

Quote Originally Posted by eefie View Post
    Pot cost can be covered over by farming. Not the most fun thing to do, but at least you get to see the faces of those level 30 stragglers at kitties going 'OHMIGOD hE HAXXOR!!!' when you own 6 kitties in 1-2 hits.

From what I know, Compo replaces CB. Can some experienced mage tell us if CB is totally obselete by then, or does it still have uses after you max Compo?
    well i would think yes when ur fighting something strong against lighting o_O
    but is there anything like that lol?

well i would think yes when ur fighting something strong against lighting o_O
    but is there anything like that lol?
    Macis. Lioners. Sparkers.

Er... yeah >_>
    This is a signature. Hurrah.

Farming is the way lightning makes money, but you will be taking hits until you get the mob together. I'm just saying to justify the pot cost: the mob drops and exp earn has to be greater than the hp/mp pot and time spent. Keep in mind going lit only is fine, but I still believe it will cost more.

Thanks Allysiana for the sig. Thanks ElderDragon for the avatar.

Whenever I'm caught between two evils, I take the one I've never tried

Good judgment comes from experience. Unfortunately, the experience usually comes from bad judgment