Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Magic guard

Banned

You're lvl 31...............

Why not just use normal hp pots ? You lose more mp with magic guard, making you use more mp pots, which you need to attack.

Nothing at that lvl should be killing you that fast......

magic guard should only be used in areas where mobs can 1hko you. sometimes you might want to use if if they 2hko, but thats already a waste.

you can also use magic guard IF AND ONLY IF you dont actually even have to use MP pots due to mp eater and mp regen.

if you are a cleric, dont use magic guard unless it is 1hko.

priests with 1k hp are known to fight at grims without magic guard. grims do about 900+ damage! why? cuz heal can hurt them. so just keep healing.

I was at Perion camp 3 last night and my MG went off in the middle of a mob of officer skeletons.

I only noticed when my mum walked in the room and went 'ah! You're almost dead!' (she does that sometimes) but I was surrounded and couldn't get my finger to the potion button in time.

I made it out the mob alive but it was a close call. 6 skellys bit the dust and I emerged from that with 8 HP left. YAY for scrolling my cape so it gives 15 more hp. The problem is my MP pot button is right next to my attack button but the HP one isn't within finger stretching distance (at least not on my keyboard which is a weird layout)

Magic guard is essential if you're a mobber, I think, because you can recoup some of the lost MP from MP eater.
    This is a signature. Hurrah.

mg is the lifeline of mages... always recast it with other skills like meditation. 600 seconds is long... but it is too long... people ALWAYS forget to recast it...

I think you should probably save MG for
    1) mobs if you really think you need it (unless you're a cleric)
    2) for higher lvls, when things you train on 1-2 hit kill you (ex: DTs, MDTs, etc)

otherwise, it seems like a waste of pots. Even though MP regens faster than HP as a mage, if you sit on a relaxer, it wont take you long to regen your total health (takes less time than regen MP)

Fastest. Most Powerful. Most Efficient. The New Standard. OPERA.

Mushmom

Quote Originally Posted by ElderDragon View Post
    You're lvl 31...............

Why not just use normal hp pots ? You lose more mp with magic guard, making you use more mp pots, which you need to attack.

Nothing at that lvl should be killing you that fast......
    Im normally used to magic guard on. So when Im training without magic guard I dont really look at my health because i dont expect it to go down so quickly.
    Anyway Ive got loads of MP pots coz of the Remeberer quests and Shumis second quest.
    Bera
    EliteBows-Level 200 Bowmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Jayzilla View Post
    So how much exactly does it cost to join the guild. I'd like to join on my Aran.
    Quote Originally Posted by penguinzrock View Post
    Just your soul.

Banned

You shouldn't be used to having MG on as it just drains your mp. Unless the monster kills you in 2-3 hits (1-2 for clerics/priests) or you're going up against mobs, there's no reason to have it on all the time

usually i say do magic armor for cleric, but if you take a ton of damage (ludi pq boss---forgot name >.<) from that guy, u die, but with magic guard, u lose liike 100 compared to 500

and if u have mp eater,which i say not to do, it doens't matter
    Mardia-lvl 31 i/l (VERY active)
    i do not post screenies
    why? cuz i DON'T KNOW OKAY
    i <3 MPQ
    my xfire thing go byby TT_TT
    my goals since everyone is making some
    [x]reach lvl 30 (with my new mage) [ ]lvl 70 [ ]lvl 120 [ ]zakum [x(SWEET!)]pass alg 2 with an A

Quote Originally Posted by elvenplayer12321 View Post
    usually i say do magic armor for cleric, but if you take a ton of damage (ludi pq boss---forgot name >.<) from that guy, u die, but with magic guard, u lose liike 100 compared to 500

and if u have mp eater,which i say not to do, it doens't matter
    clerics get invincible later, so what's the use of magic armor? might as well put into magic guard and the other skills
    and anyway, the ludi boss' name is Alishar

Fastest. Most Powerful. Most Efficient. The New Standard. OPERA.

magic guard is a must have. magic armour is rubbish. do not learn magic armour.

about mp pots... elitemage56 has alot? how much? jus to let you know... personally, i consume approximately 100k mp every hour. do you even have 100k mp woth of pots? i hold on to approximately 500k mp on my inventory each time i repot.

my gf who is a priest, holds on to 1m mp worth.