Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2 questions

Quote Originally Posted by ArcImpulse1 View Post
    And please notice that I said you had a chance to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by supalime View Post
    Sure....soon...right..Pretty much what Arcy said.

Well DS owns AB.

It seems majority vote says the hunters are better than the xbowmen. I like the xbowmen's freezing abilities, and xbow masters' pierce is powerful, and snipe is useable every 15 seconds, but I'm a cleric, don't listen to me,(except about the DS thing.)
    SoA is pretty.
    snipe is OVER RATED!!!! if the cooldown is like 7.5 seconds, it would be good. why? at level 150, when you are comfortably in 4th job, the average strafe would do about 30k damage! sniping essentially kills something in 1 hit. the highest hp mob is onli 80k!

so sniping is like giving you 2 extra strafes every 15 seconds. big deal yea.

DS doesn't completely own AB.
    AB does more dmg than DS 55.2% of the time.
    However, DS does more dmg overall.
    I recomend DS.

Quote Originally Posted by FatalJoker View Post
    DS doesn't completely own AB.
    AB does more dmg than DS 55.2% of the time.
    However, DS does more dmg overall.
    I recomend DS.
    DUDE!!!! I PWNED YOUR THAT POST WHEN I STARTED FORUMING!!!

it does not. defense is reduced for both the same way!!

Quote Originally Posted by SpiraeaKozak View Post
    DUDE!!!! I PWNED YOUR THAT POST WHEN I STARTED FORUMING!!!

it does not. defense is reduced for both the same way!!
    You'll know that the archers had been talking crap if you played a bandit. Your savage blow damage will be reduced terribly by the monster's def. I hitted goby house 1 1 1 1 1 1 at lvl 80!

You'll know that the archers had been talking crap if you played a bandit. Your savage blow damage will be reduced terribly by the monster's def. I hitted goby house 1 1 1 1 1 1 at lvl 80!
    Uh, the goby houses have a special skill which reduces most damage to only 1.

Toi. Petite Fille Laide.
    http://www.winterrowd.com/maze.swf
    Come play, it's fun ^^^

Hamburger

In addition to the goby house damage reducing ability, SB and DS are not the same skill, def might be applied to SB six times, but only twice to DS. Let's ask Kygre. You said AB does more than DS 55.2% of the time, which means overall, it does more, and yet you said DS does more overall. If it was really 55.2%, it would be the other way around. Where did you get the number 55.2% from anyway?

P.S. Snipe sounds less interesting now, but what about pierce? 850% dmg sounds good and it charges quickly, plus they can still freeze.

i dun play bandit so i wont know... but i do know that strafe takes 560% damage reduction compared to normal arrow, and AB takes 300% on average.

Quote Originally Posted by supalime View Post
    In addition to the goby house damage reducing ability, SB and DS are not the same skill, def might be applied to SB six times, but only twice to DS. Let's ask Kygre. You said AB does more than DS 55.2% of the time, which means overall, it does more, and yet you said DS does more overall. If it was really 55.2%, it would be the other way around. Where did you get the number 55.2% from anyway?

P.S. Snipe sounds less interesting now, but what about pierce? 850% dmg sounds good and it charges quickly, plus they can still freeze.
    55.2% is the probability of AB doing equal or more damage than DS. since FatalJoker believes that AB takes less cut from defense, when they supposedly do the same damage, AB would do slightly more.

but thats not true. i tested it myself.

NOTE: I won't pluck figures with decimals from nowhere

NOTE: I won't pluck figures with decimals from nowhere
    Neither do I =D