Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Pure Dex Archer?

Banned

Your numbers only prove str-less is better for that one situation. I'd prefer to see numbers based on average bowmen equips as that is a factor as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ElderDragon View Post
    Your numbers only prove str-less is better for that one situation. I'd prefer to see numbers based on average bowmen equips as that is a factor as well.
    well if i have the time i would do it up... but it is very very tedious...

in anycase, it is very hard to do a proper comparison as we actually would require to consider equipment of equivalent cost.

but, it must be noted that for most cases, including equivalent equipment will only serve to close the gap between the pure dex and the normal. which is better will remain the same.

the main contributors of dex would be base stat and the main contributor of WA would be the weapon, which i have already taken into account of. scrolling would have to be reconsidered to make it more accurate.

lets say a pure dex has 500 dex and 100 wa while a normal has 400 dex and 120 wa. if you add in equip. you are probably going to add 50 dex and 10 wa. the pure dex is currently leading by a bit. if you add in the 50 dex and 10 wa from extra equips, the pure dex is still going to lead but with a narrower margin.

this will be the same the other way round.

therefore, when comparing who wins, there is almost no need to consider equip, unless you are taking into account the cost involved. and which char will have the resources to buy a certain equipment at an earlier level.

this would require a very intelligent decision making algorithm which is almost impossible to create.

simply, just assume that dex is better than normal when there is a statless weapon available at that level. and as you continue to level up, the normal will slowly catch up. if there is no new statless weapon in about 30 levels, the normal will overtake.

in short, dex is better than normal until level 90+ and will continue to lose ground as their level progress unless a statless weapon is available.

Banned

Don't make assumptions like 400 and 500 dex. A pure-dex would only be leading by X points of dex, where X is the lvl of an xbow or 5 above the lvl of a ranger.

Along those lines, you should state what lvl you're using and whether it's xbow or ranger.

Don't make assumptions like 400 and 500 dex. A pure-dex would only be leading by X points of dex, where X is the lvl of an xbow or 5 above the lvl of a ranger.

Along those lines, you should state what lvl you're using and whether it's xbow or ranger.
    haha. trust me, i am making sense. also, i doubt there are any dexless snipers. its dumb.

total base stats = level x 5 + 25 (for 3rd job, +20 for below 3rd job)
    base dex = total base stats - 8 (int and luck) - base str

weapon WA = level / 2 + 45 for above 60
    weapon WA = level + 15 for below 60

strless would be leading by an amount of dex equal to the level of the weapon the normal char is using +5.

by comparing 500 dex and 400 dex, i am obviously talking about the equivalent of a level 95 weapon in use. (which does not exist unfortunately, lets use level 100, i neglected the 5 dex cuz its not a nice number -> 395 dex)

now, at level 100, the base stats would be 100 x 5 + 25 = 525, of which 100 is put into str for the normal. thus the normal would have 417 dex and 100 str. but 417 and 517 is nasty so i made it 400 and 500.

now, the weapons

level 100 bow would have an average wa of 100 / 2 + 45 = 95

put in 7 x 60% pass, a 10 WA wg, you get about 120 WA.

now, strless is level 65.

level 65 bow would have an average wa of 65 / 2 + 45 = 77.5

put in the same things, and tada, you get about 100 WA.

so, its a rough approximation but its not baseless!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SpiraeaKozak View Post
    haha. trust me, i am making sense. also, i doubt there are any dexless snipers. its dumb.

total base stats = level x 5 + 25 (for 3rd job, +20 for below 3rd job)
    base dex = total base stats - 8 (int and luck) - base str

weapon WA = level / 2 + 45 for above 60
    weapon WA = level + 15 for below 60

strless would be leading by an amount of dex equal to the level of the weapon the normal char is using +5.

by comparing 500 dex and 400 dex, i am obviously talking about the equivalent of a level 95 weapon in use. (which does not exist unfortunately, lets use level 100, i neglected the 5 dex cuz its not a nice number -> 395 dex)

now, at level 100, the base stats would be 100 x 5 + 25 = 525, of which 100 is put into str for the normal. thus the normal would have 417 dex and 100 str. but 417 and 517 is nasty so i made it 400 and 500.

now, the weapons

level 100 bow would have an average wa of 100 / 2 + 45 = 95

put in 7 x 60% pass, a 10 WA wg, you get about 120 WA.

now, strless is level 65.

level 65 bow would have an average wa of 65 / 2 + 45 = 77.5

put in the same things, and tada, you get about 100 WA.

so, its a rough approximation but its not baseless!
    First off, a dex-less sniper ? That's not possible as it's damage would be under 100. Perhaps you meant str-less sniper ?

Second off, math calculation are awesome, but I'd still prefer going normal dex - as soon as new weapons come out, and they have to eventually (unlike maple items, which we may never see again), I'll get a boost in attack strength and the slight difference in power will barely be noticeable.

ok exact values:

Helm: 15 DEX 15 STR
    Overall: 30 Stats
    Shoe: 10 Stats
    Cape: 10 Stats 4 WA
    Glove: 14 WA
    Earring: 12 Stats
    Weapon: 118 WA 3 DEX or 101 WA 3 DEX (BoMD)

Base Stats: 525 Stats

Normal: 507 DEX 105 STR 136 WA
    Strless: 593 DEX 19 STR 119 WA

Damage of Normal: 1408 ~ 2487 (ave 1948)
    Damage of Strless: 1318 ~ 2421 (ave 1870)

Damage advantage: -4%

Someone did the calculations at sw.

I do better calculations. =D

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by FatalJoker View Post
    Someone did the calculations at sw.
    I wouldn't trust the people at SW to tell me what time it is, let alone do math calculations.