Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pure Dex Archer?

Jr. Wraith Pure Dex Archer?

Ive started a pure dex archer and I'm looking for anny suggestions or comments on him. Thank you.

Banned

There really aren't too many suggestions to make as I haven't met any dex-only archers.

Unlike luk-less mages, I don't think str-less archers can maintain the damage difference.

On a side note, str stabilizes your damage somewhat and has other functions towards damage as well, I wonder how you'd be affected by having none - is your minimum damage lower ?

maybe im being really stupid, but surly you cant really maoke one unless you have a maple crossbow and maple crow ...

1 - Get a Maple weapon of some sort.
    2 - Your damage is gonna be weaker than a normal archer till level 35, then you'll be stronger till around 60, which is probably when you're around the same or weaker.
    3 - No STR means that your damage will be more unstable compared to a normal archer until you get Mastery, and then your damage will be higher because of the Maple item.
    4 - It's not gonna work out too well.
    마르디아
    -KoreanRejects - 5/10/07-

Not recommended unless you are experienced with gameplay.

Basically the guys above said most of it.

You will use a melee weapon until Lv 35, use a Maple Bow, Lv 43 use a Maple Soul Searcher, Lv 65 Bow of Magical Destruction.

Here's a damage comparison:
    http://forums.asiasoft.net/thread.asp?qid=995947

Pure DEX is a good choice if you know what you are doing, because you will do better damage for the early 80 levels, but if you want to stick to Pure DEX for the rest of your maple career, you will be handicapped at high levels.
    Julliant - Lv130 Bow Master of Bootes

Stupid KMS and no BoMD -_-
    마르디아
    -KoreanRejects - 5/10/07-

I do plan to scroll my hunter bow with 100% till lvl 35 then ill switch over to the maple bow which ill scroll with 10-30%.It might be hard trek but I like to try something new.

str-less can be a path but never the destination.

if you have support from friends or from another character, power level your str-less archer all the way to level 35 by means of leeching or exchange quest. thereafter, use a normal maple bow before switching to maple soulsearcher at level 43.

you will enjoy swift leveling all the way to third job. at level 75, you will have to start adding STR only. this will facilitate the transition from your maple soulsearcher to a metus.

Banned

Simply put, it's not worth it.

it would be... we have maple series weapons for level 35 and 43...

if Wizet decides to make level 120 maple series stuff... all normal archers will cry... imagine a lv 120 Maple Long Bow (WA 103 ~ 117) and a lv 120 Maple Balista (WA 106 ~ 110)

o.O