Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Window Mode

Quote Originally Posted by Satsumomo View Post
    Not sure if it logs THAT information. I would assume it only checks your processes and inside on Maplestory.exe
    There a way for you to check what is logged into gameguard or is all that crap sent somewhere else?

I hear people getting banned for iTunes or other programs.

I dunno, there should be but I haven't really cared. The whole iTunes thing seems to be bogus though, also FRAPS doesn't trigger it.

Quote Originally Posted by Satsumomo View Post
    GM's aren't happy that you play in window mode.

It is still debated wether it triggers an autoban or not. My mule got banned, yet my main character hasn't been banned. My mule might have been banned for a different reason... So who knows.

Program is called DXWnD
    I started using it again for about a couple weeks so far ... nothing.

Come to think of it, after those couple weeks after the GG update where people were getting autobans left and right, I haven't heard another one since =/
    Spoiler!

I dont understand why you would want to play in window mode but yes it is discouraged and it may get you banned

Quote Originally Posted by jeepers View Post
    I dont understand why you would want to play in window mode but yes it is discouraged and it may get you banned
    1) It shows in normal resolution if you play on a 17" widescreen monitor like myself (pixels aren't all stretched out)
    2) Easier to multitask (i.e. AIM, looking up something on a website, etc)
    3) Easier to hide if you are sneak-playing (not really a problem for me anymore, but it is usually a reason why people want to use it)
    Spoiler!

Because I don't play MS 100%

I usually am on MSN as well and browsing the internet.

Playing full-screen on a 23" widescreen is stupid, that's why.

I didn't buy all this 'monitor real estate' to run 1 application at a time...

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyxdude View Post
    1) It shows in normal resolution if you play on a 17" widescreen monitor like myself (pixels aren't all stretched out)
    2) Easier to multitask (i.e. AIM, looking up something on a website, etc)
    3) Easier to hide if you are sneak-playing (not really a problem for me anymore, but it is usually a reason why people want to use it)
    Ugh... my computer lags like crazy if I even try to multitask... I probably dont have enoguh RAM

Fastest. Most Powerful. Most Efficient. The New Standard. OPERA.

Quote Originally Posted by penguin4tor View Post
    Ugh... my computer lags like crazy if I even try to multitask... I probably dont have enoguh RAM
    You dont really need much to make it multi task or less lag when you do. Just buy a new graphics card.

I bought myself a Radeon 9250. 256 MB DDR. Doesnt take long to multi task as much as it did with the on-board graphics card.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnitHurley View Post
    I bought myself a Radeon 9250. 256 MB DDR. Doesnt take long to multi task as much as it did with the on-board graphics card.
    On-board cards usually use your computer's RAM! So basically, you now have more RAM to use.