Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Quick question: DS vs. Strafe

Banned

But you didn't list DS.....

Also, everyone here said there IS a difference, it's just minimal. There has to be a difference because they don't use the same animation.

i didnt list DS because i didnt learn DS.

different animation does not mean it has to be different rate of fire.

as long as in 1 minute the number of time DS is fired out is the same as strafe, it is the same.

do not consider completion.. consider only activation. because the animation length is different, delay between animation is also different. but animation length + delay is the same for all skill. this is my hypothesis for sniper, based on my observations.

i cannot say for certain, especially since there are so many objections to my claim that they are all the same...

Banned

In global, Strafe is 2 shots per minute faster than DS/AB for Snipers. All of the other 3rd job attack skills are the same speed as DS/AB. Strafe=78, DS/AB=76.

Quote Originally Posted by pso_kik View Post
    In global, Strafe is 2 shots per minute faster than DS/AB for Snipers. All of the other 3rd job attack skills are the same speed as DS/AB. Strafe=78, DS/AB=76.
    for mapleSEA its 82/min for all sniper attacks... rangers get 88/min

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SpiraeaKozak View Post
    i didnt list DS because i didnt learn DS.

different animation does not mean it has to be different rate of fire.

as long as in 1 minute the number of time DS is fired out is the same as strafe, it is the same.

do not consider completion.. consider only activation. because the animation length is different, delay between animation is also different. but animation length + delay is the same for all skill. this is my hypothesis for sniper, based on my observations.

i cannot say for certain, especially since there are so many objections to my claim that they are all the same...
    If you didn't get the skill and you didn't use it, why are you even bothering to post ? You should've at least used it once to get a feel for it before saying that strafe is automatically faster.

Banned

What? If the exact shots per minute have already been calculated and it is a fact which is/is not faster, then it is absolutely unnecessary to "get a feel for it."

Banned

If you're basing your opinion on personal experience, then yes it is. I don't care if mathematically one is faster, skills can still seem slower than others when you use them. Not everyone's playing style is the same.

Quote Originally Posted by ElderDragon View Post
    If you didn't get the skill and you didn't use it, why are you even bothering to post ? You should've at least used it once to get a feel for it before saying that strafe is automatically faster.
    I have never used DS, but that doesnt mean I do not have any say in how fast it is. I have seen it. And there is no noticeable difference.

Besides, as i have already said, ALL other skills are the SAME speed. There is NO reason for DS to be slower.

Quote Originally Posted by ElderDragon View Post
    If you're basing your opinion on personal experience, then yes it is. I don't care if mathematically one is faster, skills can still seem slower than others when you use them. Not everyone's playing style is the same.
    I have also explain the issue regarding the 3 parts of the skill animation:
    - Activation Delay: this is the period between the pressing of the button and the start of the animation
    - Animation Duration: this is the period from the start of the graphics to the end
    - Cooldown: this is the period before the next Animation begins.

The cycle goes like this. Activation Delay -> Animation Duration -> Cooldown -> Animation Duration -> Cooldown -> etc.

I believe that Activation Delay is unique to Weapon, not skill.

Animation Duration + Cooldown is the same for all skills.

Strafe has LONGER animation duration and SHORTER cooldown. Which decieves the ignorant eye in believing that it is faster than DS which has a SHORTER animation duration and a LONGER cooldown.

Banned

There is a difference in speed, no matter how minimal. It's pretty apparent that even lvl 1 strafe is faster than DS, I just wanted to know how fast.

I'm not taking cooldown into consideration, just the amount of time elapse from me pressing the button to the monster getting hit (lag not withstanding).

From level 69-70, with out using my Hinkel, my training went from 9% an hour at Zombies to 12%. Level one Strafe was able to kill zombies in 2-3 hits. Strafe is faster !!!~UNLESS~!!! you don't use FA, in which case I think DS would be a better idea until Strafe is higher level. Since I had FA, I was planning on doing AR then Strafe, but with my level 1 Strafe owning DS-FA, I definately changed my mind.