Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: .Art.

Even anime artists study anatomy. People seem to think that they don't. Any type of artist does. That's why animu looks like animu. Because people think that it's just about drawing anime. So they copy a style and nothing else.

You have to learn the anatomy, and then work on a reduced reality, if you want to be a great artist. You can't shortcut.

And artist is an artist, no matter what. Japanimation is art too.

Right arm is ok, left is too fat (or the right one is too skinny?), not short. They should both reach just under the crotch. Long legs are long. The torso is a little short, or he's wearing his belt high as hell. Some of these you can ignore for style's (ugh) sake*. And the shirt isn't black in the back. That's your cape. Srsly, you hop around in it all day and you didn't notice.

I made the same mistake at first glance, so I checked in Bannedstory.

*I recommend you don't and just get yourself some Andrew Loomis. You'll be better off in the long run. Skill before style, you know. I have a book I can upload, if you want it. Figure Drawing for All It's Worth, in .pdf format.
    a manaaah who does not existaaaah

Skill over style. Nice words, though any mistake in there was obviously not deliberate.

I like the back of the shirt black. I made quite a lot of changes to the armor, you just have to spot them. The belt looks high because it was only added afterwards =( The belt is just one of the additions. The legs are long because I didn't put an end to it =P

But in short its ok. I appreciate the advise, when it comes to drawing, another person can see the flaws easily, whereas it takes time for the artist himself to find the mistakes.
    Julliant - Lv130 Bow Master of Bootes

wow thats pretty nice 9/10
    i dunno if you ment to make him look a lil depressed? but it was overall good
    DAE314 SAID THIS

BYE DSH ILY <3 *kissy kissy*