Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
My Daughter's First Language - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: My Daughter's First Language

As someone who has been studying how to teach English to foreign students, I've got to stick my nose in this thread again because we learned something that is relevant to all languages.

We've been told that a child should only be exposed to one language up to the age of four. THEN you can start them on a second language BUT - and this is where you have the problem with Ido - the person who teaches them the second language must be fluent in that language.

Kids have a freakishly short attention span and can't bear structured learning until they're about 4 or 5. If I recall correctly, you don't speak Ido fluently. Therefore, without being insulting, you're not really in a position to teach it to her. You've got to find an Ido teacher, you can't teach it to her out of a book. If you are fluent in Ido then all power to you, but I can't actually see you saying you know how to speak it.

Just a heads up from a nearly-qualified teacher ^_^
    This is a signature. Hurrah.

Beginner

Quote Originally Posted by CountessZero View Post
    ...We've been told that a child should only be exposed to one language up to the age of four. THEN you can start them on a second language BUT - and this is where you have the problem with Ido - the person who teaches them the second language must be fluent in that language.
    Ido is easy to learn. By no means am I fluent but I have been working with the language for a few years. It's time for me to become fluent.

Kids have a freakishly short attention span and can't bear structured learning until they're about 4 or 5. If I recall correctly, you don't speak Ido fluently. Therefore, without being insulting, you're not really in a position to teach it to her. You've got to find an Ido teacher, you can't teach it to her out of a book. If you are fluent in Ido then all power to you, but I can't actually see you saying you know how to speak it.

Just a heads up from a nearly-qualified teacher ^_^
    This structured learning process you speak of won't happen with Ido. It's impossible right now. My current project is to make several books in Ido to be used as she grows up, and will be ongoing for a long time. Unfortunately no one will want these books, not that I can see, after I make them. I would also like to make some things with vocals, or at least some Ido oriented videos of some type.

If you have an idea on how to structure Ido a bit, I'm all ears, but I'm against the whole idea right now of doing things that way, ever.
    Morfleduf Lv32 STR Cleric | Warripuf Lv21 Warrior | Ditduf Lv18 Thief

Jr. Necki

I also find it a little strange and illogical. Of course, she can learn any language, it's always good for brain development, but as the first language, I would choose something more popular, for example, Chinese. Check out online Chinese tutors https://livexp.com/skills/chinese, it is a very convenient language learning platform for both children and adults. And I'm sure that this language will definitely come in handy for your daughter.
    Last edited by YAPPI; 9th March 2022 at 02:55 PM.

At the same time, the psychologist notes that much more important than the ability to read and write are competent speech, the ability to correctly express one's thoughts and check oneself for mistakes. It will take years to master these skills. Therefore, it is very important to choose an institution that prioritizes the development of these skills. I advise you to consider in more detail childcare singapore

So if you're looking for a way to improve your English skills, Spoken English in Dialogues is the perfect choice. Its comprehensive coverage and easy-to-follow format make it a valuable resource for anyone who wants to improve their English conversation abilities. In summary, Spoken English in Dialogues: 833 common English sentences used by native speakers in everyday life situations is a must-have resource for anyone looking to learn, improve, and strengthen their English conversation skills.

Friend, I think it is easy enough to learn English by yourself. And as the best way to learn English, I can emphasize watching content in English, as well as studied articles in english. This site has a lot of useful information that allows you to quickly learn to perceive foreign speech, as well as to memorize the most relevant words, expressions and constructions. Good luck!