Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Solo'er?

Slime

Default Best Solo'er?

Which character has the odds stacked in his favour of being the best solo'er?? and by solo'er i mean one that can train by himself with minimal pot usage. i was thinking either a Sader, Hermit, Sniper. Was just wondering what people thought to be the best solo'ing character out there.

White Knight
    Oreeginal (haste) - 8X - Mardia

Warrior Pride!

I'd probably go with Assassins. They have a lot of independant and useful skills, a good amount of HP and MP alike, and their high avoidability and range can only help. They're fast killers and have over all good damage. Seem pretty good for soloing. Bandits are good as well.

Quote Originally Posted by WingLt View Post
    Which character has the odds stacked in his favour of being the best solo'er?? and by solo'er i mean one that can train by himself with minimal pot usage. i was thinking either a Sader, Hermit, Sniper. Was just wondering what people thought to be the best solo'ing character out there.
    With minimal pot usage, a battle cleric (no Bless, maxed HA) is probably the best, b/c they can Heal themselves, and also have MP Eater early on.

However, if you want to do good damage alone, then maybe either Crusader or Hermit would be good. Hermits might be better b/c they have better accuracy, so they don't require Bless or a lot of Sniper Pills.

Fastest. Most Powerful. Most Efficient. The New Standard. OPERA.

Slime

Alright alot of different ideas right off the bat. Thanks! Keep at it people :p

Quote Originally Posted by WingLt View Post
    There really is no best solo'er throughout the game. Although, mages and assassins are very good at the beginning and are fairly good towards the end too. Classes get alot stronger and weaker after a few job changes.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by penguin4tor View Post
    With minimal pot usage, a battle cleric (no Bless, maxed HA) is probably the best, b/c they can Heal themselves, and also have MP Eater early on.

However, if you want to do good damage alone, then maybe either Crusader or Hermit would be good. Hermits might be better b/c they have better accuracy, so they don't require Bless or a lot of Sniper Pills.
    LoLLOLOLOLOllololollolol @Solo Cleric.

Yeah. That's right. They get back mp and hp..
    And do an effective 200 damage with their amazing Holy Arrow.

Stop filling people with dumb ideas.

White Knights and Crusaders are both excellent soloers.
    I'd say I prefer White Knights as they don't have party skills for the party to benefit from AND get charge blow and freezing, which are good defensive skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Near View Post
    LoLLOLOLOLOllololollolol @Solo Cleric.

Yeah. That's right. They get back mp and hp..
    And do an effective 200 damage with their amazing Holy Arrow.

Stop filling people with dumb ideas.

White Knights and Crusaders are both excellent soloers.
    I'd say I prefer White Knights as they don't have party skills for the party to benefit from AND get charge blow and freezing, which are good defensive skills.
    Dude - read posts carefully, or you'll be the dumb one, as you've demonstrated with your idiotic post that shows your own blindness.
    As I said in my post, WingLt said he defines a good soloer as a job that requires minimal pot usage while soloing. Therefore, I answered his post by saying that solo Clerics use the least pots. Period.
    Solo Clerics have buffs that make their defensive ability on par, if not better than Crusaders/White Knights. Also, although their HA attack is relatively weak, their later attacks and tons of buffs make up for it.
    You can also read CountessZero's posts in the magician forums - solo Clerics have their unique advantages that put them on par with other soloers.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by penguin4tor View Post
    Dude - read posts carefully, or you'll be the dumb one, as you've demonstrated with your idiotic post that shows your own blindness.
    As I said in my post, WingLt said he defines a good soloer as a job that requires minimal pot usage while soloing. Therefore, I answered his post by saying that solo Clerics use the least pots. Period.
    Solo Clerics have buffs that make their defensive ability on par, if not better than Crusaders/White Knights. Also, although their HA attack is relatively weak, their later attacks and tons of buffs make up for it.
    You can also read CountessZero's posts in the magician forums - solo Clerics have their unique advantages that put them on par with other soloers.
    There is no such THING as a Solo cleric.
    They are a myth created by 3 people who decided that holy arrow MUST be maxed for no reason.

Not really. They have skills to use for parties.
    What USE is there for them otherwise?

I was not laughing at the suggestion.
    I was laughing at the "solo cleric" idea.

They are a terrible idea. They have NO way to get to the damage of other classes at ANY job.

Quote Originally Posted by Near View Post
    There is no such THING as a Solo cleric.
    They are a myth created by 3 people who decided that holy arrow MUST be maxed for no reason.

Not really. They have skills to use for parties.
    What USE is there for them otherwise?

I was not laughing at the suggestion.
    I was laughing at the "solo cleric" idea.

They are a terrible idea. They have NO way to get to the damage of other classes at ANY job.
    Wrong again. Please read the magician forums on this topic before you try to declare facts that don't exist.

You don't realize that the very skills that are useful in parties are also very helpful to solo clerics. Also, you dont realize that most of the later monsters are either dark or undead - solo cleric fodder.