Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 4th job mastery

Banned

Did you include the +10 weapon attack from mastery ? It seems like you forgot about that.

Also, I'm not interested in observations - the only math calculations that hold any weight are those using basic characteristics of the skills as stated in game.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiraeaKozak View Post
    Mastery increases Max Damage because of the +10 Weapon Attack. With 90% mastery, it will be 2628 ~ 3210, which i simplified to 2600 ~ 3200.
    There. I already included it the first time!

You are not interested in an observation of 55% criticals from Sharp Eyes and the 340% damage it gives each strafe arrow that hits crit?

That really pisses me off. Seriously. I have nothing to say. You can go ahead and max your Mastery first.

I, correction, we of asiasoft forums took pains to examine many videos provided in order to determine the effect of Sharp Eyes and here you say that you do not care about observation.

For goodness sakes... All the damage formulas of current weapons are also observations. The fact that we determined that critical shot gives +100% is also based on observations...

various disguises

You are not interested in an observation of 55% criticals from Sharp Eyes and the 340% damage it gives each strafe arrow that hits crit?

That really pisses me off. Seriously. I have nothing to say. You can go ahead and max your Mastery first.

I, correction, we of asiasoft forums took pains to examine many videos provided in order to determine the effect of Sharp Eyes and here you say that you do not care about observation.

For goodness sakes... All the damage formulas of current weapons are also observations. The fact that we determined that critical shot gives +100% is also based on observations...
    I think what he means is that actual implementation of those statistics in game is needed to prove their validity regarding usefulness.

For example, while SE may increase your average damage on paper, it may prove to be less useful in game. If mastery enables you to consistently 2 HKO something, but SE allows you to 2-3 HKO something (the 3 hits being the non criticals), then mastery would be superior.

Correction: I think Elder actually meant the observations weren't based off in game descriptions. Seeing as how those have been consistently wrong in the past and they've already been proven wrong so far, I'd have to disagree with Elder here.

Hell, I don't know what Elder meant...just get SE first people...
    Quote Originally Posted by supalime View Post
    Everyone is gay for SOG.

Quote Originally Posted by slightlyoddguy View Post
    Correction: I think Elder actually meant the observations weren't based off in game descriptions. Seeing as how those have been consistently wrong in the past and they've already been proven wrong so far, I'd have to disagree with Elder here.
    Haha, yes, alot are wrong. If I am not mistaken, skills that do not have properly documented attributes are as follows:

Bowmen
    Critical Shot: +100% not 200%
    Arrow Bomb: 30% (of 130%) impact, effected after other armour calculations. Critical is 200% for bomb. 60% stun rate is not a flat rate.
    Iron Arrow: 180% impact, 18% reduction per subsequent target. Reduction affects critical.
    Power Knock Back: KB rate is not flat.
    Booster: Increment not indicated.
    Blizzard: Inablity to hit critical not reflected.
    Hawk/Eagle: Damage not indicated
    Puppet: Armour not indicated
    Mortal Blow: ***tionality not described

Warrior
    Slash and Stab effect not documented.
    Final Attack: ***tionality with Slash Blast not indicated.
    Threaten: Incorrect description, not % based reductions.
    Booster: Increment not indicated.
    Combo Attack: Inaccurate description
    Coma/Panic: Inaccurate description
    Elemental Charge: Elemental bonus not 50%, but based on level. Not indicated.

Magician
    MP Recovery: Rate not indicated
    MP Eater: Effect on multiple targets not documented
    Heal: Damage not indicated. 300% recovery incorrect.
    Poison Brace: Poison damage not indicated.
    Composite: Damage split not indicated.
    Poison Mist: Basic attack and success rate are useless info.
    Ele Amp: Incorrect description. Magic Attack +35%, not 135%.

Thief
    Lucky 7: Special formula not indicated.
    Critical Throw: Incorrect data.
    Meso Explosion: Damage not indicated.
    Flash Jump: Distance not indicated.

Tell me if i missed out any =D

Banned

I am interested in observations, purely to see what damage ranges I can expect at those lvl's. If you want to bust out all these math equations, you gotta do it with the listed statistics, not off of average damage ranges. Also, the stats for critical shot are {40% chance to do 200%}, which is the same as adding another 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by slightlyoddguy View Post
    I think what he means is that actual implementation of those statistics in game is needed to prove their validity regarding usefulness.
    That is what I meant, but the conlusions you all drew from it are wrong. I haven't really thought about what I'm gonna max first, but it is probably gonna be SE - I don't think SE is worse than mastery, I just think formulas listed and implemented here to justify assertions should be based off of skill descriptions, not observations of in game damage (especially considering everyone has different equips and stat builds).

There probably is some "X factor" to deciding damage you deal to monsters which has nothing to do with currenty estimated formulas - I'm sure the code for maplestory was written this way, otherwise you'd see a lot more clustering of various damage ranges collected from people.

Quote Originally Posted by ElderDragon View Post
    I am interested in observations, purely to see what damage ranges I can expect at those lvl's. If you want to bust out all these math equations, you gotta do it with the listed statistics, not off of average damage ranges. Also, the stats for critical shot are {40% chance to do 200%}, which is the same as adding another 100%.
    it is not the same. observe your eruption. in the earlier levels where it only does 60%, you will notice that a critical will on average deal more than twice that of non average. if you collect all the damage you deal, seperate out the crit and the non crit, you will realize that:

- you do damage 36% to 60% your statisitcal max damage in your attribute screen for non crit
    - you do damage 96% to 160% your stat max damage

this reflects clearly that it is +100%. this is also the reason why double shot is better than arrow blow. if it is x200%, both skills will have the same average damage. but because it is +100%, it has a greater effect for DS which is 130% x2.

The average damage of each DS shot is 130% + 40% x 100% = 170%. Twice of that is 340%.

For AB, its 260% + 40% x 100% = 300%.

Quote Originally Posted by ElderDragon View Post
    That is what I meant, but the conlusions you all drew from it are wrong. I haven't really thought about what I'm gonna max first, but it is probably gonna be SE - I don't think SE is worse than mastery, I just think formulas listed and implemented here to justify assertions should be based off of skill descriptions, not observations of in game damage (especially considering everyone has different equips and stat builds).

There probably is some "X factor" to deciding damage you deal to monsters which has nothing to do with currenty estimated formulas - I'm sure the code for maplestory was written this way, otherwise you'd see a lot more clustering of various damage ranges collected from people.
    Observations for archer damage are very well controlled unlike other jobs which I have surveyed. The damage displayed on your statistical screen is required, and SS of the minimum and maximum damage you deal is required. Through many contributions from many forumers, we have establised and proven that crit is +100%.

As for Sharp Eyes, it is proven to be around 340% by analysis of videos. Because the supply of videos is not large enough to justify an exact value, we are settling for 340%. Partly contributing to this flat figure will be the skill description provided in kMS websites. Otherwise, we might be stuck thinking it is 339% or 341%.

I hope you understand what I mean.

Banned

I do understand what you mean, and for the most part, it all sounds logically thought out and fairly accurate.

You missed out that it says 260% for sword FA even though it has been proved it is 250% like all other weapons' FAs.
    PROBLEM SLEUTH COMICS:

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by chaz_jo View Post
    You missed out that it says 260% for sword FA even though it has been proved it is 250% like all other weapons' FAs.
    Oops, I'll try to remember that. Did they fix that description yet?

Banned

It says 250% in the HS database, if that's what you're talking about.