Page 1 of 72 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: New Improved Where should I train

Default New Improved Where should I train

Welcome to the new and improved Thief training sticky! The old one was getting out-of-date, and with the addition of new maps, etc., it needed to be redone. With the help of a few forum members, our sticky is now up-to-date!

I encourage all of you to post here, and not just read the first page and decide the information you need isn't here. The responses to your questions will no doubt be helpful to others as well. We wish for this information to all be kept in one place, and not in dozens of "Where should I train" threads. Such threads will most likely be locked. (yes i stole this from emily's other one).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Why Daos should never ever go away:
    Spoiler!

pyrofyr

I'll kick this off by saying something that should help others look through the thread.

When posting, please post the levels that it applies to for example
    "30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37"
    This enables people to easily use "Ctrl+F" to find things that pertain to them in the thread, or "3x", since when/if this thread gets bigger, it would be ashame to have it too hard to traverse to bother.

I'll also start off by asking. Good place for a Lvl 70 CB with ME and not much money to train?

Well, since I know you've already experimented with ME since you've played another CB, go try training at Forest of Gollem taking maybe like plat 1/2 or 3. There's also Hot Sands & the ever so hateful Zombies. =)

pyrofyr

Hmm by 1/2 or 3 I'm guessing you mean 1/2 on the top or the 3rd one from the top, right? Now the thing is, and I'm not sure if other bandits have this problem too, but I seem to waste less HP pots covering the bottom than the 3rd, I also train faster there for some reason, but I do see how it would suck for ME because it (Like Arrow Bomb) does acircular range of damage from it's beginning point. I'll check out Hot Sands too (I guess the small platforms help you benefit more from it), if I can though I'm getting my spearman to DK ASAP, to get some money, it seems iwth ME first the only profitable way to train is blowing the **** out of gobies/sharks/whatever.

Now to find something that's profitable to blow up like Gobies/Sharks that's not crowded. I'll flip through the database later.

Well, you could always try Gigantic Spirit Vikings. o_O They drop DTs, & are usually hacker infested, so it's not hard to find a mob that's been vacced, drop some money to bomb & GOOOO XD
    & if you waste less pots on the bottom, then go for it, but you'd better keep up with the spawn, or else the other peeps might get angry.

pyrofyr

Gigs failed, Duals faled, full of hackers. I'm probably going to keep massing up money until I hit 100mil (A week or so) before training my CB again :[
    No real places that aren't crowded (W/ hackers), and hell the 2 channels I DID find on Gigs had all of the Gigs on the bottom left of the map, making it impossible to kill them. As I'd have no refuge unless I made sure I dropped enough to kill them without fail.

Level 1-8
    Train on Green snails

Level 8-10
    Train on gree snails/blue snails/little shrooms

10-15
    Train on Slime bubbles

15-20
    Pig Beach

20-31
    Kerning PQ/Horny Mushrooms

31-35
    Wild Boars

35-51
    Ludibrium PQ (there are other spots but I forger which exact level)

51-55
    Platoon Chronos

55-60
    Fly-Eyes

60-7x
    Zombies

Anything after that I can't be sure of.

As I continue with my luckless Assassin I will be able to answer any questions as to where they train. Currently they should be able to train about 5-7 levels ahead of a normally built assassin.

MapleStory

Quote Originally Posted by pyrofyr View Post
    Gigs failed, Duals faled, full of hackers. I'm probably going to keep massing up money until I hit 100mil (A week or so) before training my CB again :[
    No real places that aren't crowded (W/ hackers), and hell the 2 channels I DID find on Gigs had all of the Gigs on the bottom left of the map, making it impossible to kill them. As I'd have no refuge unless I made sure I dropped enough to kill them without fail.
    Uhh
    1.5kx10 is enough for 6, it's a little overkill perhaps, but that'll do it, & just drop another round because usually there are at least 12.

Where can I train at lv 31? Other than on Zombie mushies in Ant tunnel 1.
    As long as there are clouds in the sky I'll wait for the white snow to come back. ;)

Wild boars is a really good place. Its right next to perion.