Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: How old is too old?

I'm almost 42. Play just about everyday.
    Grammar is important. Capital letters are the difference between, helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.

Proud Master of the Hidden-Street Guild of Bera

List of Goals (Credits to NegiWarrior)
    1st Job l 2nd Job l 3rd Job l 4th Job | ZHelm l Level100 l CRog l Jr.Rog l Pap l Solo Pap l Zakum

There's no such thing as too old. There's a blog somewhere about a TRULY elderly woman who does nothing but game all day and night. You're not an old woman.
    END WORLD HUNGER - EAT THE POOR
    -===-
    I am Djagonhammer: destroyer is galaxies. Ja.
    -===-
    [Join Timelapse, My Scanian Guild]

I met a really nice 42 year old mother at Pig Beach one time [she was killing iron hogs. She wasn't there as a noob]. She was so awesome I swear. Its very nostalgic when I meet somebody, especially a female, who's over the age of 30 and plays maple. Those who say you don't deserve to play probably don't have a great lifestyle at home. I'd love to play with you some time :O.
    Checking in 10/16!
    Reboot - Lillivet ADD ME

I am reminded of an editorial cartoon out of some miscellaneous paper I read that depicted a wife in a kitchen, and beyond an open doorway two people playing a console game. The lady's bubble had something to the affect of "There has to be another way of spending quality time with your son."

The obvious message of the cartoon has no application to the thread however the comedy I enjoyed was out of the fact that your generation features the birth of console gaming. That fact means that a significant portion of that group will continue playing games all their life... even after they have bills, kids, and car payments. This is of course contrary to the stereotype that games are for kids. Yeah... I realize I applied way too much thought to it, but games are for everybody and anybody who enjoys them. Play on.

I'm really torn into two pieces about how I will handle videogames with my kids.

I love videogames, I know I'll play them forever, but will I want my kids to be the same as me? Spend countless hours on a game? Will I share my passtime with them or will I try my best to make them not get as hooked as me?

Think think think.

Ill prolly buy my kids gaming systems(unless they are ps3 prices by the time i have kids) and do exactly as my dad did. I used to watch my dad play final fantasy all the time, and i expect my kids to watch me play as well. I never got too hooked into video games(cept for FF7 and Super Metroid) and ill try my best to make sure my kids dont get hooked into gaming...but they will love it with a passion god dammit!
    I'm happy

Quote Originally Posted by ~UnknownBandit~ View Post
    I'd love to play with you some time :O.
    O RLY! ;) *wink wink*

Quote Originally Posted by KindaMaybe View Post
    Ill prolly buy my kids gaming systems(unless they are ps3 prices by the time i have kids) and do exactly as my dad did. I used to watch my dad play final fantasy all the time, and i expect my kids to watch me play as well. I never got too hooked into video games(cept for FF7 and Super Metroid) and ill try my best to make sure my kids dont get hooked into gaming...but they will love it with a passion god dammit!
    Rofl. I loved the last sentence there :o. FF7 is a classic. Whenever I go to gamestop and ask for one, they are always sold out. I have to end up settling for FF9... since ff8 kind of sucks. -back on topic- I don't think anybody is really too old for a videogame. I just think some people are still too young to know the difference between idiocy and overprotection.
    Checking in 10/16!
    Reboot - Lillivet ADD ME

Jr. Necki

Psh, there is no such thing as too old for Maplestory. I was rather shocked to find out most of my friends are at least 5 years older then me, and I'm 18. It's a nice though. I love having older players on my list. I've had quite a few interesting conversations with some of them.

There are plenty of older players. Heck, I think there's at least one person on my buddy list that has a kid in real life. If they think the 30's is "old" then they need to take a look around them ):

Well..heh like everyone said no one's too old!;)

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA..!!!

:D