Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Slow!

What is this late fascination of slow?

People are really really overrating it for some reason. Slow sucks, and it always will. At later lvls monsters use magic attacks anyways. And in 2nd job (for fire mages) it does help a little, but personally I would max poison brace instead to help out in those hellish 6x-7x lvls before you get poison myst.

I don't think fire mages ever train with explosion. Actually now that I think about it I never even see then use explosion. There are usually two kinds of fire mages, poison myst first or compo first.
    Does poison brace become obsolete? Yes, but so does cold beam, and if your a compo mage then so does fire arrow.

The point is, no matter what skills you get, something will become useless at one point, so I say, get the skills that will benefit you most at your worst times, not the skills that you will be able to use later on. For instance I say max poison brace instead of Slow (and before MP eater, MP eater is not that useful for sigle attacks anyways) and this will make lvling so much easier. Yes you will still use slow in 3rd job, but how much will it help? If you choose poison myst you won't be using slow, if you go compo you're fighting monsters that use magic attacks anyways.
    Mardia~OddPhive lvl 43 Brawler (Semi-Active)
    Mardia~MetalicPhive lvl 52 Bandit (Frozen)
    Scania~NenoPhive lvl 91 I/L MAGE (Frozen)
    Scania~SpellSword (SpeiLSword) lvl 40 STR Cleric (Frozen)

Hamburger

Well the only fire mage that I ever hung out with for a while trained with explosion. It's definately slower training than poison misting, but it's an option. These are the guys you see using an evil wings all their lives, for the slightly faster explosion cast rate. From what I observed, they seal and slow a group of monsters (creating a freeze-like effect), then explode them to death. It would be doable without slow but they'd get hit more often, since it takes many casts to explode high level monsters. This build is also slower because they need to max seal asap. The guy I partied with was level 99 with maxed seal, explosion, 11 booster, and some in amp so it sounded to me like he only had a few points in mist... I guess all I'm saying is that there's a third build: the explosion build.

I'm not saying slow is completely necessary I'm just saying it would give you an alternative if you're tired of the constant running around of mist training.

-Maple Hiatus- Playing WoW at least until 4th job comes out

Frozenstein- 70 Mage on Altar of Storms.
    Look me up if you wanna play!

hrm...If im misting. Slow is very useful cause it keepts the montsers that are in the edge of the mist cloud there long enough to poison before they walk out. It also makes it easier to tele around them so I dont get mauled so much.

If im exploding (and yes i do train using explosion depending on what im fighting) slow becomes irrelevant.

I use firearrow still, usually to kill off mist mobs that I don't feel like waiting for explosion to cast for.

And fire arrow (i think) would still be more effective against monsters that have poison resistance. because you'd only get the elemental bonus on one portion using comp.

In fact, the only skill i dont typically use id magic bolt, or poison (2nd job). I use magic claw when on maps with steps and stuff to finish things off.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Why Daos should never ever go away:
    Spoiler!

Hamburger

I was hoping someone would step in who knew what they were talking about, lol. I was just speculating. Listen to Wiggs, not me...

-Maple Hiatus- Playing WoW at least until 4th job comes out

Frozenstein- 70 Mage on Altar of Storms.
    Look me up if you wanna play!

Haha, ok.. heres what I have decided to do. By the way I'm Lv 41 now.
    42-48- Medi
    48-58- Poisin
    58-? - Tele
    ?-70 - Slow
    yeah I is lazy, dont feel like figuring out the lvs.
    "No you are wrong, ninjas can come from any ethnic culture, the Amish for example."

*Note* My amazing amish ninja photoshop has been deleted because I have switched to verizon fios. No more comcast webspace. TT_TT

My burgers got bulgogi in it! THOSE SAVAGES!!

did you max mp eater? you will need it. dont get the poison bolt because its so weak, you will never use it except to mess around.
    from the ppl i no id say:
    max medi
    max tele
    max eater
    max slow
    10 or 11 poison

tele will save ur ass so many times, and eater will at least save you some money on mp pots. even at lvl 1 it adds another 30 seconds between pots for me, and thats with using claw. and considering i only pot about every 3 minutes, i use ~1/6 less pots. so instead of burning 20 pots in an hour, i only use like 17. if you train for 11 hours to lvl, thats 33 pots you save. if your using sundaes like i am, thats ~130k per lvl you save.
    if it aint broke, dont fix it.

Ok dragon, please don't talk. MP eater is NOTHING compared to the speed in training with poisin brace at death teddys. At lv 60-70 reports of up to 30% a hour have been recorded. Go check it out on the sleepywood forums. Plus, I am kind of rich. Jr. Pepes are lil money trees- 2k eac for fish.
    "No you are wrong, ninjas can come from any ethnic culture, the Amish for example."

*Note* My amazing amish ninja photoshop has been deleted because I have switched to verizon fios. No more comcast webspace. TT_TT

My burgers got bulgogi in it! THOSE SAVAGES!!

Poison Brace is okay, but it is kinda overshadowed by 3rd job Poison Mist, which is so much better, and is almost a must for F/P mages. I would skip Poison Brace and go with MP Eater, it is quite useful in saving mesos on MP pots.

Fastest. Most Powerful. Most Efficient. The New Standard. OPERA.

Banned

Poison brace is weaker than fire arrow, so ergo it's slower training.

Quote Originally Posted by ElderDragon View Post
    Poison brace is weaker than fire arrow, so ergo it's slower training.
    Nah, the guy is pointing out that Poison Brace is actually faster training than Fire Arrow when a Fire Wizard gets to his 60's. That's why some consider replacing MP Eater for it, since MP Eater's only a money skill. The only reason everyone doesn't take the build is because it's only useful in the 60's/early 70's, and Poison Mist completely overshadows it. But lots of people still consider those levels the hell levels, and Poison Brace really makes it go by quickly.