Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WhitePryde

Default WhitePryde

We've all seen the most rediculous names, GMS is notorious for it. For example, people who just need to have that one video game/anime character name (I'll let you recall how many "naruto" or "sephiroth" variations on your own). It's also common to see people include crap like "viet", "rice", "azn", "uae", "cdn", "girl/grl/grrrrrl/grrrrlzzz/", and so on.

First of all it bothers the hell out of me. Do people have zero originality? But this post isn't a rant, so I'll get to the point.

A long time ago I noticed the rediculous amount of people who's names are variations of "xVietxRicexPridex" or "AZNxINVAZN" or "uaesouljah". So I made a test character: WhitePryde.

WhitePryde. Do you have any idea how many people flamed/defamed/harassed me for having that name? It's not like there was anything wrong with it. People name themselves "BLAKPRYDE" or "AZNRICEVIETCRAPNAME" all the time and nobody gets offended. I throw "white" into the equation and suddenly everyone assumes I'm a bigotted racist neo Nazi conservative?

Am I the only person that takes heat for being white, or has the MS community already become so degraded?

Jr. Necki

It's a double standard in human society. Another example of it is about people making jokes about other people. Whites can make fun of whites without too much trouble. Blacks can make fun of blacks. Blacks/Asians/Europeans/Latins/other minorities can make fun of white. But if a white person makes fun of any of those groups lots of problems come up.

The same can be said about sexual orientation groups instead of racial groups. The minorities get to make fun of others but the majorities can't make fun of minorities.

Edit: I have to say that at the presentation my school had during Black History Month someone yelled out "WHITE PRIDE!" during the 'negro anthem' and a fight broke out.

It's not that people are "degraded," but White Pride brings back the KKK and such harsh racism from whites toward other ethnic groups earlier in history. Being Asian, I understand your confusion - so many people make names like xXAZNPrideXx, but really, it's kind of a joke. White people can't say that, b/c, although it may be a joke to some, it is definitely not funny to black people, b/c they were so put down by white people. Even Chinese people were, in the past, limited in the US.
    You really have to be careful with such names, and although I share my sympathies, I don't really blame the MS players for defaming or flaming you, though harrassment is going a bit far.
    Remember the Don Imus incident a week or two ago? This is a similar situation, many people are kinda touchy on this subject.

Fastest. Most Powerful. Most Efficient. The New Standard. OPERA.

Quote Originally Posted by penguin4tor View Post
    ...so many people make names like xXAZNPrideXx, but really, it's kind of a joke.
    Ah I see, something similar to saying "orly" on the net then?

Quote Originally Posted by penguin4tor View Post
    White people can't say that, b/c, although it may be a joke to some, it is definitely not funny to black people, b/c they were so put down by white people.
    Yes, I do wish people would get over that whole thing. After all, most people don't realize it was the Africans who sold their own people into slavery. It's not like whites went over to Africa and farmed blacks as if they were Ilbis.

why are you getting heated over screennames? does it bother you THAT much?

Quote Originally Posted by Chopstix View Post
    why are you getting heated over screennames? does it bother you THAT much?
    In short, yep.

Banned

seems like people are too stupid to see the difference between "white pride" and "white power".

but why???? just b/c ppl defamed for you and etc. for having the sn whitepryde?

Quote Originally Posted by albatr0ss View Post
    We've all seen the most rediculous names, GMS is notorious for it. For example, people who just need to have that one video game/anime character name (I'll let you recall how many "naruto" or "sephiroth" variations on your own). It's also common to see people include crap like "viet", "rice", "azn", "uae", "cdn", "girl/grl/grrrrrl/grrrrlzzz/", and so on.

First of all it bothers the hell out of me. Do people have zero originality? But this post isn't a rant, so I'll get to the point.

A long time ago I noticed the rediculous amount of people who's names are variations of "xVietxRicexPridex" or "AZNxINVAZN" or "uaesouljah". So I made a test character: WhitePryde.

WhitePryde. Do you have any idea how many people flamed/defamed/harassed me for having that name? It's not like there was anything wrong with it. People name themselves "BLAKPRYDE" or "AZNRICEVIETCRAPNAME" all the time and nobody gets offended. I throw "white" into the equation and suddenly everyone assumes I'm a bigotted racist neo Nazi conservative?

Am I the only person that takes heat for being white, or has the MS community already become so degraded?
    I have always thought this way. This is a great example as to why Phoenix was dumb when Andy and me made some comments.

EDIT: Chopstix, it's because people think they have a need to showoff that they are Asian, Vietnamese, Filipino and what not, it's unoriginal and annoying. Why can some idiotic kid have "AzNPryde4Eva" in their name but I can't have "WhitePryde4Eva"?

Quote Originally Posted by Satsumomo View Post
    I have always thought this way. This is a great example as to why Phoenix was dumb when Andy and me made some comments.
    I concur. I make fun of everyone equally.
    Add me on Steam
    Quote Originally Posted by QueenOfTheDesert View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
    how the hell did this topic make it to two pages?
    its cuz yur smexy and everybody <3 u channing tatum look-a-like u.