Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
'Ello
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 'Ello

Sword 'Ello

I'm obviously new here, and new to Maple as a whole. I'm a retired WoW addict who happened upon Maple through a friend suggesting it to me. I'd been searching for a nice free, easier to walk away from game to play to help my boring house wife days :P. Currently I'm playing a lvl 15 bowman on Windia. Although I'm not sure if I really like it or not, everyone seems to play a magician.

Anyone have any awesome newbie tips? I'm quite accustomed to the "grind" and repetitiveness of games like this overall, as I used to be a big MUDD player, but the lingo is a bit different from past games I've played. I'm also sadly having a bit of a hard time socializing. Anyone from Windia know of some friendly, more mature groups on there I could get in touch with?

Anyway, this site looks quite helpful and it's nice to meet you all :).

Yo, there's a lot of mages out there-.-, but that's cuz it's an easy job to start on. I use to play W0W also, but I got bored since nothing looks cute. I like to socialize alot, but Im from a different server :( Well, I hope you find MS interesting and make some friends. Chances are, of the 300,000pp who play in Windia there's some out there who could b ur friend :D oh yeah and welcome to the forum!
    And Buffy staked Edward...The End!

Quote Originally Posted by Fyxie View Post
    I'd been searching for a nice free, easier to walk away from game to play to help my boring house wife days :P.
    Oh dear, who wants to tell her? ;-)

Hello btw...

salutations! it's nice to see more desperate housewives joining our ranks. if i could suggest something, go for magician because they're the easiest to handle for beginners. i suggest relocating to Bera too if you like company. our guild is currently recruiting :)

Quote Originally Posted by Aethelgorn View Post
    Oh dear, who wants to tell her? ;-)

Hello btw...
    HAHA, Oh yes, I know the woes of addiction! But I can park myself on a rope here and answer the phone or something, not quite so easy in alot of other games sadly :D!

Thank you guys for the warm welcomes. I am seriously considering switching to a magician, they do seem a bit easier. Hmm, maybe I will make one on Bera :D! I'd love some people to chat with whilst grinding :D!

if you do decide to switch to Bera just pm me, ign wicca :D

hapy mapling ~<3

Awesome, if I do decide to switch to try a magician I will definitely whisper you!

welcome to the forum!

Welcome to the forum. Another Windian :)

Fastest. Most Powerful. Most Efficient. The New Standard. OPERA.

pyrofyr

I've played over 40 recent MMOs, and I can tell you, MS is one of the few you can walk away. After all, I was never even addicted to WoW the few times I've played.

Anyway, welcome to H-S, I'd love to help you out but I'm Scanian.

As for the classes early on, well... Archers are the HARDEST class early on, but at 30 it should start getting easier, and at 70 it pays off big time! Then as you start getting higher and higher, it just gets better and better. Archer is what I call the "Hope" class. It can only get better.

Thieves, start off decent, if Bandit get better 2nd, then even BETTER 3rd, and kinda better 4th but not as great as the others... Sins, are always fun if you like to jump around and are 12 years old I suppose.

Mages.... ah the fresh starters always go here, you can make money fast, and if you go cleric be rich as all hell by vl 50 or so. Fire mages aren't AoE like I/L are 2nd job, so it's a bit harder, but Fire hits stronger with FireArrow. I/L is one of the fastest leveling classes if you are funded though, it can also be a great way to get money.

Warriors... the general "OMFG YOU HACK!" class, which isn't as stereotypical as it sounds, since most warriors are hackers. The class is easy to start with, and you can make around 100k by lvl 20, due to no need for MP until a bit later. You can have high defense or high damage, Spearman boast the best dmg, Fighters boast the best "Buff" skill, or at least for us Melee classes, and Pages suck 2nd job, get good 3rd job, and PWNAGE 4th job.

Anyway, that's nto as detail as I can go, and if you want a really good explanation I can try and go more in depth.

Hope you enjoy MS, and try not to get too addicted, although it's hard to stop the addiction of it.