Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nice post regarding updates.

Default Nice post regarding updates.

Ran across this from another poster at another forum. Absolutely best post I've seen in a while and it's how I felt about Nexon all along. Gives me a lot of reason NOT to come back to this game.

Well I cannot say I was shocked regarding Nexon America's actions since their formation in late 2006. Nexon A. shares the utilitarian and economical minimalist attitude of many (not all) American companies, basically tieing back to the principle of least exertion trap that our economy has fallen into for a long time coming.

Millions and millions of dollars have poured into Nexon and in the lead on the entire online gaming industry. With reports of GMS having 3 million subscribers, while MapleSEA has roughly only one-sixth of the subscribers, or even still one-third of the subscribers moderately high projection inclusive, (gamestudy.org/eblog/?p=32) it can be assesed that even with regional discrepancies, GMS has an income revenue at least equal to, to much greater than that of MSEA. With that said, the excuse that Nexon of America is "too poor" to update is virtually false because even if it were true, the headquarters at Korea, which has made hunderds of millions in USDs over the past three years, would help NoA through subsidies.

So if it most likely wasn't a lack of funds, then why are the updates coming in to GMS slower and/or less grandly than in other versions? The answer is simple: milk us like theres no tomorrow. Use updates at only crucial times when consumer tolerance wears down in order to obtain a maximum amount of monetary profit, rather than stack updates like other versions to further statisfy the customer. Use minimal effort to produce the maximum amount of profit.

Think of Nexon and NoA's efforts being visualized as a man who undernourishes his child, yet feeds him enough to keep him alive, as opposed to a man who feeds his child much more food and keeps him alive and content. The former profits more from using less food, however, the former also does the child a terrible service as well. The community starves for the new content, but we are still kept alive by minimal content implications.

And the reason why the higher levels have waited the longest for a sufficient content update is BECAUSE they are the most loyal customers to Nexon, so they can starve the longest without new content and still be kept tied to the game. They may use small, effortless gimmicks like a few cash shop items per week to give players an incentive not "to pass" onto another game.

Like many people said, this is Nexon's game, not ours. It should be ours; Nexon should listen to the customer regarding what they want, and while this is the manifest intention of Nexon, it certainly isn't their latent one.
    http://www.sleepywood.net/forum/show...250998&page=12

The poster has great use of analogies and similes, that make it easy to comprehend the economics of Nexon. I agree, to what most peole say, Nexon needs to update GMS just as frequently and satisfyingly as the other versions, but Nexon will NEVER lose so many players that they give in to what we want. There's no way to organize a massive online boycott, as such, we just sit back and deal with it.

Mushmom

Another excuse I'm sick of hearing about them not updating a lot, lack of workers. I call complete bull**** on that, as it does not take 400 people to add in a patch that just needs to be translated and put in. Heck, they've had all the hard stuff done for them, by KMS was it?

Tsk. Tsk. Typical Americans.

They should be loyal to us in return to us being loyal for them. MSEA is obviously better, they should be richer, but sadly they aren't global.

Toi. Petite Fille Laide.
    http://www.winterrowd.com/maze.swf
    Come play, it's fun ^^^

Oh, please....

Instead of looking solely at the bad things, why not look at what they did do right for a change? We're getting New Leaf City (nobody else but us), we're likely to get the 4th jobs around summer/autumn, and they've just recently released Zipangu.

I know, but they could at least put it up a little faster...

Toi. Petite Fille Laide.
    http://www.winterrowd.com/maze.swf
    Come play, it's fun ^^^

and they dont even have showa town up either.

their updates come once a month, its a pattern, and they are going to stick with it.

Drake

Not the reason why I left this game. I think that reason only applies to NX Cash users. And I knew better from the START not to dump a single freakin' cent into this game.

yeah, paying for this game just isn't worth it, a boycott should be in order so we can stop NX Cash from being used.

Drake

That's beyond the point. It makes no sense having to spend 4 hours at level 46 just to gain an extra level.

AND THAT'S WITH A FIRE WIZARD, ONE OF THE FASTEST LEVELLING CLASSES!!!

Really, if they wanna improve this game, they should increase low-level party EXP rate. Really, the only reason parties are effective at high levels is because of Priests. They only get their good skills at level 70 which is where partying starts being good.

I simply refuse to play a game where I have to spend over 4 months of acting like a zombie just to be able to enjoy the game properly. -_-