Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: MapleStory private server

I can do a lot of web design stuff, and I know some programming, I know pascal, java, and I'm learning C++ and VB. Anyways the only hard part about this would be a host, I host all of my stuff on my school's server. Anyways I know some people with server that host their own game(crappy games), so maybe if you make them a GM, they might be willing to help with hosting.
    "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."-Gandhi

My Pwnage Guide.

yeah, if i were to do this i would just have victoria island, but with all the monsters there, so instead of Pig Beach, and the rainforest east of heny both having pigs, i would have ghost pirates at pig beach.

rather than having 30 maps with snails, change the mob spawn around.

less lag, and with only 1 channel u may actually see someone now and then.
    I need some friends on Kradia.
    Add me please, make me feel special.
    EighthWonder - 10 Warrior. [Lol]

stop trying

I really like this.

But being the average, nerdy 14 year old kid that plays whatever game he can get his hands on, I won't be any help.

But somebody has to nag again and again for updates.

I'll be that guy.

Just so everyone knows:
    I'm not considering this for money, publicity, or any glory at all. I just was considering this only because I thought it might would be a good idea and fun for Maplers. There would be no CashShop, or atleast one with actual "cash".

Time for me to get in.

Let me introduce myself a bit. I was admin of MSEvo and cVista, currently head of MapleDawn.

Private Server is plausible, but those who are able to decrypt it don't play MS because they think it's lame. Why did RO have private server? Those ppl think RO is better and creating private server for MS is wasting their time. Those who enjoy MS AND know korean AND know C++ is relatively low. Twitching exp and drop rate is easy, but don't bother thinking about PvP, too much coding for an ametur programmer.

MSEvo owner claims that he was ex-Nexon staff and has a working version of private server, turns out he's a 13 yr old kid living in Florida. cVista owner claims to decrypt the game successfully and promised to attend an offline meeting in Toronto, but announced he wouldnt come 1 day before the actual meeting claiming that he had hockey practice at that time. Come on, hockey practice timeslot wasn't planned 1 day ahead, you have to book the rink at least a week prior to training. Another reason why ppl are so reluctant to make a private server because all these kids lied about stuff when they don't have the ability to create one, or even trying.

Quote Originally Posted by OhanaUnited View Post
    Time for me to get in.

Let me introduce myself a bit. I was admin of MSEvo and cVista, currently head of MapleDawn.

Private Server is plausible, but those who are able to decrypt it don't play MS because they think it's lame. Why did RO have private server? Those ppl think RO is better and creating private server for MS is wasting their time. Those who enjoy MS AND know korean AND know C++ is relatively low. Twitching exp and drop rate is easy, but don't bother thinking about PvP, too much coding for an ametur programmer.

MSEvo owner claims that he was ex-Nexon staff and has a working version of private server, turns out he's a 13 yr old kid living in Florida. cVista owner claims to decrypt the game successfully and promised to attend an offline meeting in Toronto, but announced he wouldnt come 1 day before the actual meeting claiming that he had hockey practice at that time. Come on, hockey practice timeslot wasn't planned 1 day ahead, you have to book the rink at least a week prior to training. Another reason why ppl are so reluctant to make a private server because all these kids lied about stuff when they don't have the ability to create one, or even trying.
    Was this a flame or not? Anyways, I have the ability to make one, considering someone could host it for me. I'm not considering this so I can get money or anything just so you know. And this is just an idea, I might not even do it.

Blue bird of friendliness penguinzrock's Avatar

Even if you DO have a host, how will your server sync itself with the client? Will it have embedded checks and loops like Maple does? Or could any idiot open its memory and tick a box to hack. I'm curious as to how exploitable and reliable your client/server will be. Also, how will your client load it's data? .wz files like Maple?

By the way, what's decrypting? Unpacking? Decompiling (I know this is next to impossible in most cases)?
    Hate is easy; love takes courage.
    2/1/2010 - supalim becomes first to ever download an entire yobibyte of internet pizza
    PENGUINZ 4 MOD 2012!

If it was like 4-5x rates, better spawn and everything else is the same (Maybe no 1 party limit for PQ's)

I would probably play that :\

I guess no one on here truely understand HOW I was planning to make this private server. I would actually "make" the game, not rip the MS client. And btw... since no one truely believes me so far, I am planning on putting a very small sample showing how it would be. I guess I'll put a download link or what ever...

stop trying

Well, do you have any other work that you could show us?

That might prove something.