Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: MapleStory private server

Default MapleStory private server

I just want an opinion from all the Mapler's out there, if anyone would bother playing a Maple private server. If anyone at all is willing to play then I won't abandon my project. If there appears to be few people that care about this at all, I'll just halt the project. Please do not flame. TY, Happy Mapling!

stop trying

What's a private server? o_o

Quote Originally Posted by KittySamurai View Post
    What's a private server? o_o
    A private server meaning, a personal server made by me with different features and such.

Slime

How would the drop and experience rates differ? I remember playing a private RO server and it's drop and exp rates were ridiculously jacked up. Then again, I don't really want the grinding aspect of the official MS. But I am interested.

Quote Originally Posted by MotherRussia View Post
    How would the drop and experience rates differ? I remember playing a private RO server and it's drop and exp rates were ridiculously jacked up. Then again, I don't really want the grinding aspect of the official MS. But I am interested.
    The drop rates would probably be 2x and the exp would definitely be at least 2x(I mean after all, the leveling on MS is so slow.) I'm not sure about other features yet, I want user input first. I want to see what fellow Maplers want.

Slime

Ah, okay. That's cool. A PvP system would be nice, but I'd believe that would be too impractical to implement. Of course, the grand old question remains: How will the security of the server be? I.E. preventing hackers, etc etc. I wouldn't mind something that isn't a rootkit for a security system so that I could play the private server on Linux with Wine or something. That'd be really nice.

Quote Originally Posted by justice576 View Post
    The drop rates would probably be 2x and the exp would definitely be at least 2x(I mean after all, the leveling on MS is so slow.) I'm not sure about other features yet, I want user input first. I want to see what fellow Maplers want.
    i think that you maybe should have 2½-3x xp since leveling is REALLY slow.
    Nut i will back you up on this one :D
    Windia
    DrNiora semiactivelv 10 cleric Kaede jMS DrNiora sin lv 2x active blike cleric lv 1x active
    Any that wants to train pm me or contact in game.
    12:00 AM GMT = 0000 GMT = 2400 GMT = 7:00 PM EST = 4:00 PM PST. LordNephras
    OMG LV 3 THUNDER BOLT FTW
    http://tinyurl.com/2g8clf

my comic

Do you honestly think you can pull it?

If it is anything like an RO private server...

If the rates are same or slightly higher than normal rates:
    -The amount of hackers would be greatly reduced,
    -There would be fewer players
    -Those players have a higher chance of not holding up to the GMS standard "arse-hole" personality

If the rates are ridiculously high:
    -Most likely no hackers what-so-ever
    -People will get bored of Maple Story extremely quickly

But then again, the situations are a bit different, I think it was a bit safer with ragnarok online...
    Or, it could create some competition for GMS, causing them to actually work harder at fixing the big problems of GMS! [/wishful thinking]

If you do get it to work though, you could probably do some crazy things though...
    Making 100% scrolls work 10% of the time, but give 2 times the bonus of 10% scrolls, while 10% scrolls work 100% of the time, make glove attack scrolls NPC-buyable items, or make cash shop items free, things like that...

However, you may want to keep it to a small numebr of players, it would probably need a very fast internet connection speed...
    Geometry will draw the soul toward truth and create the spirit of philosophy.
    -Plato

A thing is obvious mathematically after you see it.
    - R.D. Carmichael

Yes, PvP system would be nice, and it wouldn't be an open PvP. (such as, where any player can come kill any player at any time.) I would make a special map, probably in Perion, that is a battle arena where u can challenge players to PvP or what ever. And as for the 2 1/2-3x, lol I would probably make it more than that. More like 4x exp, but only on week-ends or something.