Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 14th May 2007 - [GMS and MSEA] Banning of foreign IPs

Quote Originally Posted by speedy05 View Post
    why you people worrying about this damm topic again...
    first is posted on sleepywood forum and now here!!

wtf worying about nexon baned europeans account as they not do that as mapleglobal is global game!

saigo where u get this message... where the proof you finding this???
    Saigo has already explain it on the announcement page, and on the first post in this topic.

This is probably the greatest idea Nexon has had. Better than simply banning all accounts with foreign IP's, prevent new ones from coming in.

Also, Maple Global was meant for all people who lived in an area without a designated version of Maple Story. I don't know how good the name CanadaUSMexicoBrazilPortugalAustraliaandmanymoreMS would go over with the members. So they called it Global Maple Story.

Beginner

Default umm hi?

umm... hi? itz me

So what were their reasons to do this? So that those playing it in specific countries would take more pride in the game?
    END WORLD HUNGER - EAT THE POOR
    -===-
    I am Djagonhammer: destroyer is galaxies. Ja.
    -===-
    [Join Timelapse, My Scanian Guild]

I updated MSEA with the new patch and was able to log into the game. I live in New York.

Beginner

All previous player are unblocked. I am very happy :)

Dear Maplers,

In response to recent concerns regarding Nexon and Asiasoft's inevitable IP block based on location from accessing the MapleSEA service, Nexon and AsiaSoft Online Pte Ltd would like to clarify that the IP blocks were imposed within a regional licensing limitation and any inconvenience caused is deeply regretted. With effect from 25th April 2007, 0200hrs (+8GMT), User with local services under MapleEurope and MapleGlobal no longer had access to the MapleSEA service.

The affected countries are:
    Netherlands, Sweden, Great Britain, Poland, Germany, Finland, Norway, Denmark, Belgium of the Europe Union and the U.S.A.

However, after considering Mapler's respond, all IPs Blocked on 25th April 2007 will be reopened on 22nd May 2007 only for the users who had created their Maple accounts before 25th April 2007, 0200hrs to continue playing in MapleSEA.

Kindly note that users who have created their accounts after above mentioned period will not be able to login or play in MapleSEA based on the IPs from above mentioned countries.

For those who cannot join us in MapleSEA, it is recommended to play MapleStory in their region.

Affected Maplers with enquiry may feedback via Qbox channel named as 'EUMaplers' found in the Asiasoft Passport.

MapleSEA is committed to provide Maplers with most stabilized service.

- Nexon and MapleSEA administrator