Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Quick money?

Mushmom

Quote Originally Posted by Palmisano View Post
    I had 700k when I started this character, now I'm down to 136k. That's mostly on pots!
    There's your problem right there. You shouldn't get too many blue pots, and you shouldn't use L7 with pots until it's level 10 at least. Until then you stick to the regenerating MP, and normal attacks. As for other pots, stick with red until about 25, then when you get your job advancement, start getting white. I had 1 mil with my thief when I started, I turned all that into 8 mil, from training purely.

Banned

As a lvl 25 sin, don't expect to find an easy way to make money. In fact, as a sin, don't expect to make money at all. ;)

Having 700k for a newb is pretty good (assuming you are new to the game). Just keep training, buying pots, and doing quests. The orbis scroll quest isn't really an option for you, as you're too weak, but around 35 you can try it - you get 5 scrolls and they go for around 20k-50k, so approx. 100k -250k easily (which althought seems like pennys to me, isn't that bad for you).

Quote Originally Posted by zigkid3 View Post
    again hiddenstreet does not put up my mesos making guide

http://www.basilmarket.com/show/guid...ing_mesos.html
    Every time I read that guide, I twitch a bit at the mana pots section... You're right in general, but Red Bean Sundaes heal 2k MP for 3800 mesos... That's 0.5263 MP/meso, which is better than Blue Pots from Ludi's 0.5208 MP/meso. So once you have 2k MP, Red Beans would be better than anything lower. And you have to pot MUCH less, too. =)

That doesn't really help a 19 or whatever-you-are-now thief. Best tip I can say is, once you train at Green Mushies, then Ant Tunnel, make sure you keep the Rememberer 999 quests activated. Free pots just for training never hurt! Once you reach 25 or so, go PQ. It's great money. I wouldn't suggest selling your Maple items right now... The prices will go way up after the event, and you'd regret it later on. Unless you're really desperate and need the money for leveling.

I haven't played a thief yet, but most classes at those levels can get by without MP potions. (Except mages, obviously.) Just use your normal attack if you're really poor. You'll still level pretty fast. I got to 27 on my first warrior with never using power strike and having a really weak slash blast. Not that I'm saying you /should/ do that, just that it's possible.

^ Don't make a habit of the above... Just until you can afford some more pots. Unless you're using L7 before it's level 10 or whatever, like LT Gamer said. =)
    Spoiler!

buy only armor that will make a definite change. so if the armor defence is 65 aadn the next is 71 dont buy it, sure its nice, but it doesnt reali matter.
    BUYING WOLBIS 10K EACH
    SELLING AQUA BOARD 32ATTK 7 SLOTS LEFT

1X bowman[scania]not active
    12X DK[hacked]hacked & banned
    1x sin [mardia] active