Thread: 3rd Job Builds

Default 3rd Job Builds

Ok...so I know there are guides for 3rd Jobs and that there's probably plenty of topics that have 3rd Job builds in them, but most of those guides were written before the 3rd job came out and I figured we need a consolidated list of suggested builds, now that we've seen how they work.

So if you're a 3rd Jobber please post your build here. ^_^

Please use the following format for convenience:

Level 70: ~~~~ 1
    Level 71: ~~~~3, @@@@ 1
    Level 72: ~~~~3, @@@@ 4

and so on. ^_^

Please bold the levels, for it makes it easier to read. ^_^

~ LordNephras

P.S. - I, myself, am personally interested in Priest Builds ^_^

Hamburger

Well there's this excellent thread over on sleepywood for I/L mages. It has three builds, depending on where you'd like to train.

Summary:

Squids:
    Ice strike -> booster -> Amp -> compo -> seal -> TS / slow (your choice)

Vikings:
    Ice strike -> booster -> TS -> Amp -> seal -> compo

Gobies:
    Ice strike -> booster -> Amp -> seal -> compo -> TS / slow (your choice)

Precise details can be found here. (It's color-coded and everything!).

Personally I'm in the middle of the squids build, and it's working out well for me. I'd reccommend the squids or gobies build, but I know there are TS fanatics out there who looooves the vikings.

-Maple Hiatus- Playing WoW at least until 4th job comes out

Frozenstein- 70 Mage on Altar of Storms.
    Look me up if you wanna play!

off topic, but what on earth are you doing that you can level like you say in your sig.

As for builds many depend on what you want to level on.

I did

1 explosion, 28 mist, 3 amp, 1 seal, 11 boost, 27 explosion, now maxing amp.

i think. And no i dont have the levels for them because that's too much thought :P

This info is also in the sticky i believe. I'll let it go for now....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Why Daos should never ever go away:
    Spoiler!

Hamburger

On Wigg's Off-topic: Lol I just presented the data in a deceiving way. I actually gained 100% experience during those 6 hours. 2 hours of it was double xp, and I was solo-ing on pie for part too (there was also time in there for me to eat dinner, believe it or not).

On-topic: I think this is a good thread to have because, while everyone always references the Canadian guide up there, it is a bit outdated. There are I/L builds that which don't have you going ice strike first or getting 20 points into one of your attacks (including IS), and I think that's suicidal. I don't know if there are situations like this for the other two classes, but I think it's time to have a good modern list compiled.

-Maple Hiatus- Playing WoW at least until 4th job comes out

Frozenstein- 70 Mage on Altar of Storms.
    Look me up if you wanna play!

Quote Originally Posted by BigFuzzyDoor View Post
    On-topic: I think this is a good thread to have because, while everyone always references the Canadian guide up there, it is a bit outdated. There are I/L builds that which don't have you going ice strike first or getting 20 points into one of your attacks (including IS), and I think that's suicidal. I don't know if there are situations like this for the other two classes, but I think it's time to have a good modern list compiled.
    It's the reason why I like the guide up there. it's suicidal like you say but it leaves it up to the person willing to try it. I sorta like the leave it up in the air approach. Well that and the fact that I remember the history of the guide. The guide sticky was meant to be expanded on. The spirit of the sticky was please add your build here and it may end up in the guide; not read it and follow it to the letter. Sadly, Candianius doesn't play maple anymore, but no one bother to list their build either. It's the main reason why I still say refer to the sticky. I hope ppl read the thread and expand with their build. instead of creating multiple threads.

Thanks Allysiana for the sig. Thanks ElderDragon for the avatar.

Whenever I'm caught between two evils, I take the one I've never tried

Good judgment comes from experience. Unfortunately, the experience usually comes from bad judgment

yeah this is really confusing. i dont what fuzzy is trying to say lol. But yeah im thinking that u are asking what points to put into skills. So ill tell u what i have done so far. at lvl 70 i put 1 point in SR. then lvl 71 i put 3 into dispel (cause u need 3 to activate alot of the other skills) Then at lvl 72 i put 3 into HS (finally i have HS) Then at lvl 73 im planning to keep on putting 3 into HS until i max it at lvl 82 (yikes) but i dont know i mean it wont be until lvl 82 that i actually max it so yeah i might put a few into the other skills to spice it up a bit. :D

~Hopefully I get to fourth job soon.......

Why element amplification?

None of this "1337" stuff, it's just "ronin"

Scania:
    ksern00b - 41 Assassin

Build I recommend for all Ice/Lit's:

MAX Ice Strike -> 3-4 Ampflication -> 1 Seal -> 11 Booster -> Max Ampflication -> Composition/Thunder Spear

Not totally sure about after that, but it's pretty much Seal or the other remaining attack.

And of course, as Fuzzy said, there's the build where you drop Thunder Spear for Slow, maxed Seal, and maxed Booster.