dit:

some very strong skills
    not long ranged (but have meso guard)
    take less damage than a sin depending on Meso Guard lvl

Jr. Necki

I quote this thread...

http://www.hidden-street.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=17004

Quote Originally Posted by Assault View Post
    I dunno about anyone else that has a Hermit, but the higher level I get, the more annoying it gets...

1. I have really low HP - even though I'm close to LV90, I still can't go to ANY bosses without HB, and even with HB it gets really hard (4150 HP or so after HB, and that's with a +90 HP Zhelm and full HP washing). For example, I can't even get hit by a Jrog without dying. Yes, there are ways to 'avoid' getting hit, but if they happen to hit me, I die. I'm OK with HB but who the hell has a DK 'sidekick' to follow them 24/7?

2. The Flash Jump lag... As a Hermit, you're supposed to flash jump away from enemies to avoid getting hit, but when I train against something like MDT's, that hit me 1.6K (I die in 2 hits from those), I need to pot after EVERY hit. When I use FJ to get away after being hit, there's a pot lag. I can't pot until I land on the ground (roughly, it's a timed thing), so if I get hit and FJ away, and there's a slight lag with the server (which is quite often), then I will die if something hits me again before I can pot. It happens a lot. So I have no choice but to get hit, pot, walk away, get hit again, pot, walk more... rather than using FJ.

3. I hate the fact that we are the only class with no close-range attack at 3rd job. Everything is ranged. It means I'm very limited to where I can train. At MDT's, I can't even go to the top platforms. I need to share or it's a pot-eater trying to take out everything on the small platforms. Yeah we have Shadow Web to hold monsters, but when you hit them they get 'released' and start attacking you.

I'm starting to wish I made some other character lol... it was OK up to about LV75 or LV80 or so, but having to be 30-40 levels above other classes to do the things they do (like going to bosses, or training without dying) really sucks...

So... anyone have a LV90+ Hermit and have any advice or anything?
    I think that's proof enough that Hermits struggle more with the bosses then Chief Bandits do.

Dude you are an idiot. Go to a high level boss without HB & see how long a Hermit lasts. Have a nice day.

wait... i dont get it.

dont CBs have the same defense/hp as hermits or do they get some sorta hp boost from 3rd job adv?

and yes... CBs own at 3rd job while hermits just kinda slug behind them a bit. basically, the only two skills hermits need are avenger and shadow partner right? so... yeah.

but it doesnt matter how crappy hermits are in 3rd job, everything evens out after 4th job (except for DK cuz they totally suck at 4th XD. apparently, when you have a fullscreen aoe in 3rd job, you cant get another one in 4th so while everyone has uber pwnage fullscreen aoes slapping 50-70ks on the screen, the DK wastes hp and mp like crazy only doing 30-40ks. to not die, the DK eventually switches to 1v1 and finds some secrete place to train)

yes... hermits get fullscreens, pretty damn good ones too. you cant really say which class is better @ boss fighting now cuz gms doesnt even have 4th yet. wait till the game's complete.
    I play cMS!! Yay...

Portal 3 - Maria - JeffsRogue 3x sin

picture on the way

Quote Originally Posted by PureOfSilence View Post
    wait... i dont get it.

dont CBs have the same defense/hp as hermits or do they get some sorta hp boost from 3rd job adv?

and yes... CBs own at 3rd job while hermits just kinda slug behind them a bit. basically, the only two skills hermits need are avenger and shadow partner right? so... yeah.

but it doesnt matter how crappy hermits are in 3rd job, everything evens out after 4th job (except for DK cuz they totally suck at 4th XD. apparently, when you have a fullscreen aoe in 3rd job, you cant get another one in 4th so while everyone has uber pwnage fullscreen aoes slapping 50-70ks on the screen, the DK wastes hp and mp like crazy only doing 30-40ks. to not die, the DK eventually switches to 1v1 and finds some secrete place to train)

yes... hermits get fullscreens, pretty damn good ones too. you cant really say which class is better @ boss fighting now cuz gms doesnt even have 4th yet. wait till the game's complete.
    CBs and Hermits have the same defence/HP, but Hermits don't have Meso Guard which is a huge help when we're talking about survival. A Hermit with just Avenger and Shadow Partner isn't gonna be a great Hermit at level 120, cause without Flash Jump you're gonna be traveling pretty slow for a Hermit.

IIRC, Hermits don't get a full screen skill....

To the OP: Nice spelling/thoughts. Just a tip though, think before you use the internet next time.
    마르디아
    -KoreanRejects - 5/10/07-

Yeah, they have the same HP/MP, but Meso Guard is what allows CBs to boss earlier & without DKs. & Hermits are a lot more effective in 3rd job than CBs are. Night Lords have no fullscreen skills, wtf are you talking about? & things don't even out in 4th job, Shadowers own Night Lord ass.

Ticket

CB's in my opinion were created to boss. Meso guard helps survive while ds+meso dropping+ME is the key to kill major bosses like zakum and pianus. Hermits however were created to ks, being fast and deadly, yet were NOT created to boss. Low hp is the only factor here, the reason they are not made to boss is simply because they dont always have a dk/spearman buddy to hb them all the time.
    Conclusion:

CB's: Bosses, high hitters and survival.
    Hermits: Fast deadly ks machines.

Equal. :o

As an answer to one of Neothisis' previous questions
    ...Go to a high level boss without HB & see how long a Hermit lasts...
    a hermit will survive a few minutes if he's lucky/high lvl, mere seconds if he's unlucky/low lvl.

a hermit that's lvl 70 can probably take about half a hit from high lvl bosses.

and because 1/2 hits = 1 hit, the hermit can say goodbye to his exp.

Also, to quote Neothisis (again), "Have a good day".

Quote Originally Posted by zZSuomiSinZz View Post
    i think sins own bosses easier (3rd job)than dits, dits taking more dmg and not so easy attack becouse u must press hp button all the time

so sins are better at owning everything:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

dits sucks at owning
    Not only is your post immature, it is also very uninformed. I strongly doubt that you have a higher level Assassin or Hermit, because if you did, you would realize that although we attack and move fast, we are the worst boss attacker in the game until about 95+. I love my hermit because i get to kill large amounts of innocent creatures in a small amount of time, i also hate him because he dies in one hit from any boss that similair classes my level have no problems with whatsoever. It depends on what you like to play, not what other people feel is better.
    every time someones says "CC PL0x", a kitten dies.

Quote Originally Posted by PureOfSilence
    wait... i dont get it.

At 4th job, based on what's on kMS and stuff, the ONLY good skill Night Lords (4th job Hermit) get is Triple Throw. And even that sucks. Same damage % as Lucky 7 but one extra star and more MP. Triple Throw will do 150% x 3 with no crit which is 450%. With Crit, 400% x 3 which is 1200%. And with SP, crit or no crit (I have a 77 Hermit and I see no damage difference with my lv 18 SP.) 200% x 3 with is 600%. With crit not working on your original 3 attacks the total would be 1050%. And with crit workin it would be 1800%.

Whereas Shadowers (4th job Chief Bandits) get skills like Assassinate, Smoke Shell, and Boomerang Step. Assassinate does 600% damage per hit, 3 hits, and a 90% chance of Critical activating (a 4th hit.) And 250% extra damage is on the 4th hit. So when it's all added up, the total damage WITH the 4th attack working is 2650%. Boomerange step it's 500% damage x 2 hits. ANd Smoke Shell just shields you and your party while your in it from taking any damage for 40 secs at max level. All these skills are max I'm posting.

In conclusion, Night Lords can only hit 1800% damage with Triple Throw and SP which is a total of 6 hits. Shadowers can hit 2650% damage in 4 hits, and in 3 hits 1800% (same as a Night Lord WITHOUT crit) but in half the hits. And also Triple Throw is a lot more MP than Assassinate. So Shadowers > Night Lords.

If you want me to post where I got the skills and %'s just ask~
    Khaini:
    BowlVlonkey ~ 7x Hunter ~ Active
    Tuneless ~ 9x Chief Bandit ~ Temp-Banned (No Idea Why.) :mad:
    lVlonkeyMage ~ 8x Ice/Lightening Mage ~ Friend Plays it
    lVlonkeySin ~ 7x Hermit ~ Inactive