Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: "Logged and loaded"

Always the Bridesmaid... bulmabriefs144's Avatar

Personally, the last thing I'd stand for is being banned for being in party quests that have people that hack/smuggle, or banned for having someone join my guild that hacks. I mean half the people in my guild are invited by others so I don't know them. And I have been known to KS hackers, cause they majorly cheese me off when I'm trying to train. A large corporation cannot afford to believe in "guilt by association" for one thing even helping someone who is a criminal is only doing something decent. It does not mean you would rob a bank or blow someone up, what it means is that you might believe their innocence but not that you have committed or are even willing to commit the crimes they have. 1)An accomplice is an accomplice, not the criminal themselves. Another point, is when you go to police while they are having an investigation do they say you are "helping"? No, you're interfering. The same is true of messing around with hackers, in any means of harassment. Hackers have no lives so it's okay to mess with them. 2) Interfering is not helping necessarily. Then there is just been friends with the hacker. Did the people at Columbine who were buddies with the killer know they would go on a rampage? No. Did they tell them to? Probably not. 3) Association does not imply culpability.

Why the hell would a GM have to KS a hacker?

And legalising the KS'ing of hackers would mean hacker work-arounds where they vacced with one char and killed on their 'legit' one.
    They wouldn't HAVE to, but it would be funny to watch. :D Um, couldn't the scenario you just depicted be prevented by some locational restrictions? If not IP (probably using 2 computers) maybe if the hacker and "legit KSer" had the same physical address or username/password info down they'd get banned. Logging should detect the entire situation, Username, IP, external programs, used in radius not just by the hacker themselves. Then people could do what they wanted without the system being subject to error.

various disguises

Quote Originally Posted by bulmabriefs144 View Post
    Personally, the last thing I'd stand for is being banned for being in party quests that have people that hack/smuggle, or banned for having someone join my guild that hacks. I mean half the people in my guild are invited by others so I don't know them. And I have been known to KS hackers, cause they majorly cheese me off when I'm trying to train. A large corporation cannot afford to believe in "guilt by association" for one thing even helping someone who is a criminal is only doing something decent. It does not mean you would rob a bank or blow someone up, what it means is that you might believe their innocence but not that you have committed or are even willing to commit the crimes they have. 1)An accomplice is an accomplice, not the criminal themselves. Another point, is when you go to police while they are having an investigation do they say you are "helping"? No, you're interfering. The same is true of messing around with hackers, in any means of harassment. Hackers have no lives so it's okay to mess with them. 2) Interfering is not helping necessarily. Then there is just been friends with the hacker. Did the people at Columbine who were buddies with the killer know they would go on a rampage? No. Did they tell them to? Probably not. 3) Association does not imply culpability.
    Firstly, there is no logical motive for KSing/partying with a hacker. You want to "mess" with them? Then tell me, how is Nexon supposed to differentiate between screwing with hackers and benefiting from them?

As for the whole guild issue: I think people are taking that a bit too seriously. They don't say that because there's one hacker in the guild for one day the entire guild will get banned. They're talking specifically about problem guilds, guilds that are known to hack (in my interpretation at least). For example, (G)lenshoes (I'm not sure if this is up-to-date since their leader quit recently, but it still makes my point) is a known hacker guild. Based on what Nexon has said, they would be a guild that would be banned in its entirety, no matter who was legit or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by supalime View Post
    Everyone is gay for SOG.

*Sigh*
    The quotes I placed above should have explained it, boo-ing your own side refers to insulting the people who are trying to fix what you complain about, and I'm tired of arguing with children.

I'm done with this topic, if you still have a problem with me, Assault, bring it to PMs.

However, I will leave my final thoughts on this if anybody is interested;

MapleStory is a game, it's meant to be fun, you play it to have fun, sure it's no fun to play with cheaters (hackers/script kiddies/leechers/whatever you want to call them) or rude players , and it can be frustrating and stressful to deal with them, but why add to that frustration worrying about Nexon?

Will complaining or worrying about (not to them, about them) them really lower your stress and add to your enjoyment of playing the game?
    If you absolutely can't play because of these cheaters or rude players, why not just vent your frustrations and move on?
    We have an empty house designed for this very reason.

If you let your frustrations linger on, such as worrying about how Nexon is spending/thinking about money or what they are doing about the cheaters that you have to deal with, they will just keep building up, and you won't be able to enjoy playing the game like you would when you didn't have any stress about it.

My point is, they made an announcement talking about what they are doing, if you don't believe them, fine, you're entitled to your opinions, but why worry about what might be going on behind the scenes?
    There's no guarantee that they are huddled over their desks in a evil manner, discussing about how to squeeze every last penny out of the maple gamer community while taking breaks to beat their GMs and leak information to hackers, why are you letting your imaginations take you to this conclusion over a game? Why delve into the posible corruption of the world over a game?
    Why worry about the idiots in the game? You shouldn't be focusing on them,

you should be focusing on enjoying the game with your friends!.
    Geometry will draw the soul toward truth and create the spirit of philosophy.
    -Plato

A thing is obvious mathematically after you see it.
    - R.D. Carmichael

Quote Originally Posted by Abacabadab View Post
    There's no guarantee that they are huddled over their desks in a evil manner, discussing about how to squeeze every last penny out of the maple gamer community while taking breaks to beat their GMs and leak information to hackers, why are you letting your imaginations take you to this conclusion over a game?
    I love you forever and ever. This is a hilarious visual.

It reminded me in an abstract manner of the way some extreme rightists view leftists, and visa versa with leftists viewing rightists. xD
    END WORLD HUNGER - EAT THE POOR
    -===-
    I am Djagonhammer: destroyer is galaxies. Ja.
    -===-
    [Join Timelapse, My Scanian Guild]

Quote Originally Posted by bliphgar View Post
    Wrong, according to the announcement hacking at all leads to permanent removal from the rankings.
    lol i just bumped this post from pg 10...
    the hackers are not being removed from the ranking list, today i played glitch pq for the whole day, yet my world ranking is dropping like crazy. (got from 37xx to 39xx)
    hackers are coming back.
    there is a "new" sign besides the following character(meaning that they are unbanned):
    (i only listed a few cause there are thousands of them)
    aznstryyker
    DKfemaleNO1

YES, no more annoying hackers if this works! I hate them because they cause me so much trouble when I train which makes the game seem extremely annoying. Hackers also kill with their stupid vac hack which causes you to somewhat more EXP than you usually would lose.
    噢如果超人会飞
    那就让我在空中停一停歇
    再次俯瞰这个世界
    会让我觉得好一些

哦拯救地球好累
    虽然有些疲惫但我还是会
    不要问我哭过了没
    因为超人不能有眼泪

yay if this goes into effect then... bb hackers!
    http://dragcave.ath.cx/user/2039

[br]Click here to feed me a Rare Candy![br]Get your own at PokePlushies!Click on the pokeball and type in the code plz :)
    http://dragcave.ath.cx/user/61109 Clicky on my eggs
    I have slushies~~http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Awezzz. LOOK FREE BRAINS!

Quote Originally Posted by horusmaster View Post
    lol i just bumped this post from pg 10...
    the hackers are not being removed from the ranking list, today i played glitch pq for the whole day, yet my world ranking is dropping like crazy. (got from 37xx to 39xx)
    hackers are coming back.
    there is a "new" sign besides the following character(meaning that they are unbanned):
    (i only listed a few cause there are thousands of them)
    aznstryyker
    DKfemaleNO1
    How 'bout NO NECRO POSTING.