Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone Know why there are so many hackers?

Quote Originally Posted by LT gamer View Post
    You answered that with the first sentence in your next paragraph,.
    I would like to say that it was my thesis. So yes, I had to answer it.

You also give script kiddies way too much credit in this one. Fairness isn't an issue when it comes to hacking, it's the point of the game. Nothing more. The hackers who hack for levels are completely retarded, the point of the game is to have fun, there's a reason why this is an online game, and not an offline disc game you buy in a store. Also, it isn't the hacks were blaming, it's the lazy script kiddies who can't figure out how to make their own hacks. What always annoyed me when I hacked so long ago (way before I joined hs.) is the dumb****s who always asked "how u get ur hax?" For christ sakes people, if you can't figure it out, then don't do it at all.
    THanks for calling hackers retards. Truly grinding is the highest rating part of the game. Not the PQ or GPQ or higher boss battles or making friends. Really you find grinding fun? Oh and no hackers come on these sites to ask for hacks. We hackers have our own forums and have our own noobs. This forums have MS noobs as well so dont b!tch at noob hackers, b!tch at noobs in general. NO HACKERS HERE complain to you guys about their hacks, cuz you wouldnt give a rats ass, and vica versa.

This is WHY it destroys the economy. You do that once, and the buyer is going to think "lawls i can buy it for this much and sell it for 10 times more." They also tend to buy stuff at the given price, as I mentioned before. Sure, once or twice wont do anything. But picture this, a jar has 300000 pennies. Every time someone sees it, they are able to take one penny. Now, one penny isn't much, but what if 150000 saw it within the hour, and each came back another time in the same hour? All those pennies gone.
    Marketing- So I sell you a game for $35 when its retail is $50. You buy it and sell it for $60. Same item, higher price. You really think anyone is going to buy from you when they can find it somewhere else for $50? Its not like hackers are the ONLY ones who can get things and any merchant hacker would price their products reasonably, becuase if its too high no one buys, too low loss of money. If you are idiot then you buy at any price. ALL players have to find the norm range and compare single items. This is not just for hacked items. its freaking economics

Your metaphor makes no sense. What are you even trying to say?

It doesn't work like that. You don't like the grinding? Tough luck, deal with it or gtfo. From you hacking, you automatically violate the ToS, and no longer are supposed to use that account. Oh, and why would you want to be a high level? It doesn't matter, hell I've been playing this game since beta, and haven't got a character past 45. Does that make the game boring? Nope, not at all. Friends are what make the game fun pal, you don't have any? Well quit your *****in'.
    -Im sorry is this game called GrindStory? I thought it was called MapleStory.
    -"Oh noes! I violated the ToS! I have to quit!" give me a break. All hackers in all games know that hacking isnt allowed. No game allows hacking so why should a piece of paper stop us? Its not like we dont know what we are doing and when we get banned we go "WTF MATE". If we get banned we know why, and we just make another acc.
    -I told you being a high level was my PERSONAL opinion. What you say cant change how my mind is set on the game. Yes you might not enjoy high levels, but I cant wait to try it.
    -You are right about the friends thing. I do have to sacrifice knowing people becuase I have to isolate myself when I hack. Drawing too much attention will most likely get me banned, so I'll just wait to be a higher level and go legit to make some friends. Oh and I never b!tched about friends or making them in my post did I. Thanks for assuming that I had no friends in MS and that I was going to b!tch about it here.

Exactly. "...noob hackers is that they have no regard for legit players in the sense of where they hack." This is the exact reason why people hate hackers. They release their CT's and all the noobs have to do is check a box, or find an address. Especially since most of these hackers are 8 year olds snobs, who go off and play their D&D while their hacking. The worst part is, they act as if they own the ****ing game, and are normal players.
    I do agree that sometimes hackers get to comfortable and just hack anywhere. And really, I don't like it as well. We should hide rather than expose ourselves so openly, but hey just report them. Even I report hackers if they are in easy spots.

Thank you LT.
    Thank you for creating a flame war.
    Thank you for taking my statements and generalizing how all hackers are.
    Thank you for maliciously attacking me, when I, merely just stating opinions and some facts without pointing out people.
    Thank you for assuming that, all hackers, have no life! Truly all we do is play D&D and are all retarded 8 year olds.

Next time you flame someone, use your wit rather than your tounge. And don't scew my views and opinions, for they are mine and mine alone.

I may be a hacker, but you sir, are the 8 year old here.

Slime

You ever wonder if people take things way too personally around here?

Anyway....
    We're obviously drifting off topic. "generalizing" hackers is not the point. Hackers will be generalized. It goes with the territory. Just like legits have to deal with hackers in the game, hackers will just have to deal with the fact that they will be stereotyped and generalized.
    One thing they do have in common though is an lack of respect for the game's rules.

Im sorry is this game called GrindStory? I thought it was called MapleStory.
    -"Oh noes! I violated the ToS! I have to quit!" give me a break. All hackers in all games know that hacking isnt allowed. No game allows hacking so why should a piece of paper stop us? Its not like we dont know what we are doing and when we get banned we go "WTF MATE". If we get banned we know why, and we just make another acc.
    A hacker just means the rules aren't important enough for them to follow. For those who like to follow the rules this is annoying. For those who don't like rules, this is okay. IMHO, unless Nexon really enforces the rules (with some teeth), hackers will continue to rationalize their actions with any excuse they can think of. (But they still will have the derision of legits-as it should be.)
    I don't want to be a god. I just want to bring fire to the people.
    And I want my cut.

If you just shut the hell up krzy, and stop trying to defend hacking, then there wont be a flame war. And if you come here trying to defend it again, im going to PM a mod and have you banned. You're already in the bannable zone by admitting to being a hacker.
    I'm happy

Quote Originally Posted by Satsumomo View Post
    It is Wizet's fault the game is full of hackers.

From level 1-30, leveling is sorta decent, you have quite a few quests to do and the KPQ is quite fun for all first timers.

But then? The leveling becomes stupidly slow, and then there is nothing to do on until levels 100+, yet being able to reach those levels is reserved to only a few people who have the PATIENCE to play the game for endless hours a day for months.

Yes, the actual "fun" of the game only starts at Pianus, Papulatus, Zakum and all those high level party quests, so as the GPQ. It's senseless to spend 8+ hours to gain 3 measly skill points that don't do anything significant.

If the game were targeted more to quests and partying instead of the senseless grinding...

But it's a fragile balance between keeping customers and getting new ones. Slow leveling = Keeps current customers hooked, but detracts many. Fast leveling = People quit earlier on, but a lot of people join.

I for one think that hacking HELPS Nexon in a very big way.
    Once again, it's not Wizet's fault. You don't have to play the game if you think it's so boring. And what's the fun in defeating the bosses using a hack? None, just to brag with your friends about it.

Quote Originally Posted by KindaMaybe View Post
    If you just shut the hell up krzy, and stop trying to defend hacking, then there wont be a flame war. And if you come here trying to defend it again, im going to PM a mod and have you banned. You're already in the bannable zone by admitting to being a hacker.
    Well, krzykracker's post confirms my observations of why people hack.

I don't think all people that uses hacks don't have a life. It's just that:
    -Some people think that the behavior in game reflects the one in RL. So if you hack and act like a jerk in gMS, there are good chances the chaker is a lier/cheater and a jerk in RL.
    -Others think hackers are just trying to compensate for something they lack in RL. If you hack to be 'pro', then they assume the hacker is a nobody in RL who needs to live up its dreams in a game.
    Also, the more they piss off people the worse people will think of hackers.

And, why did you hack back then Andy? I'm just curious.

Mushmom

Quote Originally Posted by krzykracker View Post
    I would like to say that it was my thesis. So yes, I had to answer it.

THanks for calling hackers retards. Truly grinding is the highest rating part of the game. Not the PQ or GPQ or higher boss battles or making friends. Really you find grinding fun? Oh and no hackers come on these sites to ask for hacks. We hackers have our own forums and have our own noobs. This forums have MS noobs as well so dont b!tch at noob hackers, b!tch at noobs in general. NO HACKERS HERE complain to you guys about their hacks, cuz you wouldnt give a rats ass, and vica versa.

Your welcome for calling hackers retards. Because the TRUE hackers, don't stick to the game. The real hackers hack the game as a start, hacking is just one way to help understand a tiny bit of programming. Where did I say I found grinding fun? Believe or not, no one is stupid enough to come here asking for hacks. It's common sense, why ask on a maple forum against hackers? So, yes I can ***** all I want about noob hackers, mainly because they're the people who **** up the game.

Marketing- So I sell you a game for $35 when its retail is $50. You buy it and sell it for $60. Same item, higher price. You really think anyone is going to buy from you when they can find it somewhere else for $50? Its not like hackers are the ONLY ones who can get things and any merchant hacker would price their products reasonably, becuase if its too high no one buys, too low loss of money. If you are idiot then you buy at any price. ALL players have to find the norm range and compare single items. This is not just for hacked items. its freaking economics

Your metaphor makes no sense. What are you even trying to say?

My metaphor meant, it's ok to do it privately, but if you do it publicly, constantly it will make an effect on the economy. If you notice I didn't say it's just the hackers (if I did, then I didn't mean to, but the hackers are also some of the economy destroying merchants :))

-Im sorry is this game called GrindStory? I thought it was called MapleStory.

Believe it or not, but search for a post by Ghost Trunks. Something like that, the guy was doing the opposite of what you said, when he hacked...
    -I told you being a high level was my PERSONAL opinion. What you say cant change how my mind is set on the game. Yes you might not enjoy high levels, but I cant wait to try it.
    -You are right about the friends thing. I do have to sacrifice knowing people becuase I have to isolate myself when I hack. Drawing too much attention will most likely get me banned, so I'll just wait to be a higher level and go legit to make some friends. Oh and I never b!tched about friends or making them in my post did I. Thanks for assuming that I had no friends in MS and that I was going to b!tch about it here.

I don't need to say anything here, your last comment just states my point :)

I do agree that sometimes hackers get to comfortable and just hack anywhere. And really, I don't like it as well. We should hide rather than expose ourselves so openly, but hey just report them. Even I report hackers if they are in easy spots.

Thank you LT.
    Thank you for creating a flame war.
    Thank you for taking my statements and generalizing how all hackers are.
    Thank you for maliciously attacking me, when I, merely just stating opinions and some facts without pointing out people.
    Thank you for assuming that, all hackers, have no life! Truly all we do is play D&D and are all retarded 8 year olds.
    That was a given example, thanks for turning it into your assumption of mine.
    Next time you flame someone, use your wit rather than your tounge. And don't scew my views and opinions, for they are mine and mine alone.

You should listen to what your saying here. :)

I may be a hacker, but you sir, are the 8 year old here.
    Hehe, I'm 15, and I don't have the mind of an 8 year old either. 8 year olds wouldn't be able to think what I do, well need I say a reason?
    [sarcasm]Lol, you are a smart one. I'm the 8 year old, yup I'll believe that. [/sarcasm]
    I'll admit I was a bit harsh on my post, I meant to more so debate it, rather than flame. This time my post are the bold.

Quote Originally Posted by KindaMaybe View Post
    Look I dont defend or advocate hacking. You guys asked about hackers so hey, I as a hacker, will respond. In none of my text does it maliciously attack ANYONE, so I didnt flame, until LT started directly flaming me, which I only flamed him not anyone else. Yes I know the consequences of admitting that I hack. Its not that I dont care but you have to realize that we do exist in the community, and hey I might not be the only hacker in HS. I did state things that answered some questions, and thats what I intended to do.

If I offend anyone, sorry, but those were my opinions and what I do know about being a hacker. I never intended this to be a flame battle.

[sarcasm]Lol, you are a smart one. I'm the 8 year old, yup I'll believe that. [/sarcasm]
    I'll admit I was a bit harsh on my post, I meant to more so debate it, rather than flame. This time my post are the bold.
    For the sake of the thread, KindaMaybe, and myself, I wont fight you on this anymore. No flames please

Quote Originally Posted by Slerotin View Post
    IMHO, unless Nexon really enforces the rules (with some teeth), hackers will continue to rationalize their actions with any excuse they can think of. (But they still will have the derision of legits-as it should be.)
    Its really hard to do. I mean you have the GameGuard, report hacker, and GMs trying to stop hacking. They do a good job, but its really hard to control it. I do tip my hat at Wizet for stopping a lot of hacks, but they can only do so much. I mean you could add more GMs, that would be a more sure way to get visible hackers, but GameGuard and the report hacker thing is not always partial
    Probably the best way to stop hackers is make everyone pay for an acc. This deters a huge amount of hackers, such as I, but this also makes Wizet lose actual players who want to play for free. What can I say? Its hard being free.

Mushmom

For the sake of the thread, KindaMaybe, and myself, I wont fight you on this anymore. No flames please
    You kind of made this seem like Andy over there was flaming me O_o....
    As I said before, I didn't mean to flame you lol. I get caught up in my own thoughts sometimes. Anywho....

The best way to get rid of hackers. Really just a simple thing, cut off the script kiddies, and leechers. Script kiddies are bad enough, but those who try and sell other people's work?

The best way to get rid of hackers. Really just a simple thing, cut off the script kiddies, and leechers. Script kiddies are bad enough, but those who try and sell other people's work?
    ...but you cant get rid of coders... unless you physically kill the person. I really havent seen buyable hacks for MS...i thought it was pretty public. But if you do get rid of the forums hackers have(2main ones for MS), then it would destroy a lot of hackers, due to updates and the fact that 90% hackers are leechers who dont really know how to code themselves. Taking down a site though... legally is pretty difficult I think. I have seen some sites that are taken down for illegal content... but hacking? I dont know if that breaches any laws really

Mushmom

...but you cant get rid of coders... unless you physically kill the person. I really havent seen buyable hacks for MS...i thought it was pretty public. But if you do get rid of the forums hackers have(2main ones for MS), then it would destroy a lot of hackers, due to updates and the fact that 90% hackers are leechers who dont really know how to code themselves. Taking down a site though... legally is pretty difficult I think. I have seen some sites that are taken down for illegal content... but hacking? I dont know if that breaches any laws really
    What I meant is, getting the people who really know how to hack to stop releasing there hacks. Of course, it would take a bit of convincing, but there is a reason why certain hacks stay private.

Mushmom

Okay... yo just let the legitimate players whine and continue hacking. They can spend plentiful hours training to be "The Best" while hackers just hack and level up ~1-10 times a day.

The main goal of hackers is the basically hack. They don't really care if you report them, spam them, cuss them, cry, etc. If you want to complain I will say it again, message Nexon and cry to them hoping that they will do something. The thing is that... they can't. Why? 'Cause they care more on their revenues and profits and they can't seem to understand that "warning" hackers on their site is pretty stupid. First of all, hackers won't bother reading their threats and secondly, Nexon can't do ****.

If they were able to detect hackers without GameGuard or any anti-hacks and went directly to them they are violating internet security and online rights. They may get sued for that. Hackers will be hackers and that's the whole concept. If you wanna cry more, be a hacker and hack them. It's how they roll. xD

Also, since Maple Story was already screwed up with the crap community in the beginning, you would expect people to ignore the rules and hack. No frequent GMs online is the main factor. The only time you see them are during events where everyone is in one map waiting countless or minutes for the GM to come spamming like hell or trying to lag up the map. WHile this is going on, hackers are on the roll doing their thing. So either way GMs are useless in a game like Maple Story because they give us the impression that, "Hey I'm free to do whatever I want wherever since no one cares!"

I support krzykracker in all ways since he willingly admitted that he hacks while those in this forum remains silent. They then turn into hypocrites through others' influences. I will admit too. I DO hack. In a good and bad way.
    I hack to piss off other hackers to make them go away then go on my legitimate account. I hack when I'm bored gaining "x" experience. I hack to advertise that someone has to stop this from happening since hacking this game is so easy. ETC.

Overall this is all because of Game Guard and its common use over the online gaming industry. It is so common that anyone can hack the game using just one program and doing whatever they do afterwards. So yeah... for those who likes to complain... CRY MORE please.
    "Finding your passion and making it your career is the dream, the six figure salary is just a bonus."
    Check out my Ludibirum Maze Quest Guide!